I actually got some free time last night, and joined my guild for a fun run in Ulduar 25 HM. (Background: I haven’t raided since July, am currently on casual raiding status.) This has been my first chance to actually raid and test some of the crap that I’ve been talking about. Notes:
- We are still very competitive, DPS wise. I was #1 or #2 on every boss (admittedly raid was a lot of alts so that’s not saying much) pulling between 10-12k DPS on each boss, with a modified version of the hybrid Cat/Bear spec from my Feral DPS guide. (I took the point out of FA and put it in Stampede to try the Ravage functionality on XT. Was not overly impressed with a single 30 point Ravage; not sure that it’s a DPS improvement over a glyphed Shred.)
- Rotations feel much less frenetic with the longer Rake. My bigger problem was trying to not energy cap, especially during Heroism. Haste keeps getting worse and worse as a stat for us; not sure I like that state of affairs.
- Even not talented in Nurturing Instincts, Tranquility still does a LOT of healing. I threw it out during a XT Tantrum and got about 120k healing out of it…not bad for a 8s (reduced to 6ish from haste) channeled spell.
- Rebirth on a 30m CD again sucks. If they keep 30m CD + limited attempts, that puts raid leaders in a very bad position.
- I blew past our MT on threat, died, and wiped our raid (because we were on Steelbreaker HM and I was the only one with a brez left for the tank…oops) USE COWER, IT WORKS NOW. /duh.
If I can, I’m going to try to get some bear time in and see how that feels; give him a spin in Kara, see how that goes.