- Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Healing Touch is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
- Lacerate damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mangle (Bear Form) weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
- Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
- Maul damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
- Nourish is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
- Omen of Clarity can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent Malfurion’s Gift is chosen.
- Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost has been reduced from 26% to 16%.
- Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
- The Shooting Stars buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Wild Mushroom is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 15%.
- Berserk (instant Mangle proc) now has a new Spell Alert identifier. In addition, Berserk no longer breaks Fear or makes the druid immune to Fear.
- Pulverize weapon damage percent has been reduced to 80%, down from 100%.
- Empowered Touch now also affects Regrowth.
- Nature’s Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%.
- Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
- Glyph of Wrath now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires Insect Swarm on the target.
Metagems (Thanks to those who sent this in)
- Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
- Added new meta gems: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.
- The night elf racial trait Shadowmeld can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The tauren racial trait War Stomp can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).
- Racials: Finally, the ability to use racials in forms! Tauren get their AOE stun (which is wonderful) and nelves can drop threat (which isn’t super-useful for raiding, but situationally handy). I want to see a shadowmelded bear. :P
- Balance: Hey, maybe people will use mushrooms now. I just don’t see a niche for it that isn’t better filled by other abilities.
- Resto: Overall buff; a few OOC procs lost (thanks to those correcting me that most resto OOC procs are from MG), but a BIG reduction in Rejuv mana cost. This will actually help AOE healing, since a bit of prehotting can be done without overly destroying our mana pool. Regrowth still feels too expensive to use outside of an OOC proc, though.
- Bears: I’ve seen several people claiming that the bear nerfs listed in the official patch notes are the ones already implemented in the November hotfix; can’t confirm either way. Assuming it’s true, there’s lots of anecdotal evidence floating around about tank damage, but based on the numbers I’ve seen, tank DPS is Bears=Warriors>Paladins>>>DK’s, at the moment. (PS. A great site for numbers comparisons is Seri’s Parse Analyzer Tool. Seri, if you’re reading this, I tried to email you but it bounced.) Prot warriors are getting a nerf as well, so bears and warriors will still be roughly balanced, though we’ll be behind Pallies again for ST. DK tanks need a bit of a buff at the moment.
- Cats: My numbers from yesterday were pretty close. Yawning’s ran everything through his simulator (details here), and found that for a static target, this change is almost entirely dps-neutral. Stat-wise, not too much change. Agi then Str are the best primary stats. Mastery remains the best secondary stat, but not by much; about 10% better than haste, which is slightly better than crit again. This is a GOOD change; previously, haste’s value dropped off significantly as gear level increased. This mitigated that. Hit/Exp are slightly more important, but still remain inferior stats to the others.
Several people have commented that this hurts us for fights where we can leave DoTs on targets that become unattackable; this is a fallacy. Yes, your DoT will tick for slightly less, but the damage done by the Shreds (to put the DoT up) will hit for more. On fights where we have to move so much that we can’t get a 5cp Rip up, this will help us. This will help significantly for adds, also.
(BTW, losing the fear break on Berserk? /shrug. How many bosses have fears in Cata? Can’t think of any offhand.)
- Metagems: Yay, finally. Droprate remains to be seen, but obviously the Agi meta will be a big help. It’ll also be better then the Relentless meta for emergency tanking.