We’ll source wowhead this time. I’ve included the Druid notes and others that will be important. (See my previous post for my thoughts on the original changes. In brief, the bleed nerfs and Shred/Mangle buffs should roughly balance out.)
- Entangling Roots now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Hibernate now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Moonfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
- Nature’s Grasp now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Skull Bash‘s lockout time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5.
- Soothe is now instant cast, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Worgen and troll druids now have new art for Swift Flight Form.
- Infected Wounds now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Symbiosis (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 16%.
- Tree of Life no longer grants immunity to Polymorph. In addition, its duration has been reduced to 25 seconds, down from 30.
- Wild Growth healing has been increased by 30%, and the cooldown has been reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10.
- Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
- A socket has been added to all crafted epic armor pieces that did not already have one.
- Enchanting (from mmo-c since they’re missing from the official patch notes)
- Enchant Bracer – Agility – Permanently enchant bracers to increase Agility by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
Creates Enchant Bracer – Agility. / Reagents: Hypnotic Dust x 12, Maelstrom Crystal x 2, Volatile Air x 15
- Enchant Bracer – Major Strength – Permanently enchant bracers to increase Strength by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
Creates Enchant Bracer – Major Strength. / Reagents: Hypnotic Dust x 6, Maelstrom Crystal x 2, Volatile Earth x 25
- Enchant Bracer – Mighty Intellect – Permanently enchant bracers to increase Intellect by 50. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
Creates Enchant Bracer – Mighty Intellect. / Reagents: Hypnotic Dust x 4, Greater Celestial Essence x 4, Maelstrom Crystal x 2, Volatile Water x 15
- Enchanting: Enchant Off-Hand – Superior Intellect now increases intellect by 40, down from 100.
- Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
- New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.
- Left Eye of Rajh: Chance of triggering increased. (30% on crit to 50% on crit.)
For ferals, there’s some PvP nerfs across the board (though the cc duration change is global), but the biggest nerf is global; the Glyph of Entangling Roots no longer making it instant. Oh well. We didn’t root much anyway, but it makes control as a resto/balance druid much more difficult, I’d imagine. Resto gets a significant throughput buff, which is helpful, but I was hoping for a mitigation cooldown of some kind.
Gear-wise, all of the crafted gear is going to sprout a socket, which will significantly improve its value (especially the LW chest, which is pretty underwhelming currently). I’ve already discussed the new metas, which are very nice, and the Left Eye trinket gets a quiet buff which will help solidify it as the second-best heroic 5-man trinket, behind Tia’s. Profession-wise, LW’s dominance is over, and all non-LW’s should grab the bracer enchant as soon as it’s economically viable to do so. Engineering also becomes much less bad now; Synapse Springs is equal to 96 static agility (vs. +50 str, current BiS enchant) which will provide a boost very close to the +80 agi from other professions. (I’ll let someone else work out the actual math.)
On a side note, apparently I got a WoL ranked DPS spot on Halfus last night. #198! Woo! Blink and it’ll be gone! (And I died about 15s before the boss did. Yay for Furious Howl stun in a fireball barrage; Double yay for frantically spamming SI and it not working during Howl.) Who needs epics? :P (Yes, still working on the raid gear list, hopefully I’ll finish it before the patch changes all the valuations.) I’d also like to work up a feral PvP guide (more BG focused then arena focused); if anyone has any good resources that I can “borrow” from, please let me know.