So, everybody is abuzz with 4.1 info; I’m in a bit of a hurry, so I’ll just remind you to check the usual suspects for the up-to-date info. For those that asked, I was about to post a reworked version of my “state of feral” post on the Damage Dealing forum, when I noticed someone else (basically) had. It may or may not be helpful to comment on that thread, but if ever, now’s the time to do it with the 4.1 PTR coming up.
- It’s a bit buried, but it’s there: “we want to do a better job of balancing the AoE power of the different damage-dealing specs.” That’s one of the major weaknesses of feral at the moment, so any love here would be great.
- “All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.” Assuming this means what I think it does, no more having to stack hit. Yay! (PvP just got more boring, I guess.)
- All the crafted LW gear lost 20 agility and 20 secondary stats and gained a red socket with a +10 agility socket bonus. That will make those items much more appealing.
- Hmm, this wouldn’t he too hard to rework for Feral: “Whirlwind now has its cooldown reduced by 6 sec. if it deals damage to 4 or more targets.” Let Swipe cost less energy for 4+ targets, maybe?
Feral blue post
(I know, it’s sad that a blue post about feral deserves it’s own header; they’re rare beasts these days.)
I chose not to post in this thread because it seemed to be mostly about bears (and then devolved into a PvP argument, like usual) but:
- Hey, ferals do exist! (FWIW, I agree with 1, his argument on 2 sucks, and I disagree with 3.)
- They’re not changing it (shifting not breaking roots) back. “We’ve been over this issue quite a bit…” “Ferals are now slightly easier to control.” “SOME players would rather have…” etc., etc. I think the martyr mindset has set in at Blizz on this change…this is good for THE GAME, so let’s keep pressing it, regardless of criticism.