Another day, another patch.
Build 15983, changes from MMO-C:
- Mangle now does 280% weapon damage, up from 250%.
- Rake damage increased by 23%.
- Wrath damage increased by 12% and SP scaling (111.6% of SP) added.
- Displacer Beast now has a 30 sec cooldown, down from 60 sec.
- Starfire damage and SP scaling increased by 12%.
- Wild Mushroom: Detonate now costs 10.2% of Base Mana.
Balance & Restoration
- Wild Mushroom no longer has a mana cost.
- Wild Mushroom: Bloom now costs 10.2% of Base Mana.
Feral sees a big buff here: Rake was already ~25% of our damage, so buffing that by 23% will add a significant amount of DPS. I won’t be surprised if Feral is topping the charts (or close to it) after SimulationCraft incorporates that change. (Enjoy it while it lasts!) I’m not convinced that the developers are going to let the Dream of Cenarius feral playstyle (use an instant HT after every PS and NS) stand, as it massively overpowers the other two talent options.
Balance gets a similar buff split between Starfire and Wrath, but they were already down near the bottom after the last set of changes. Think they might need a little more of a kick.
Resto gets a semi-nerf to Wild Mushroom which makes the planting of 1 or 2 mushrooms significantly less efficient (Instead of paying 3% mana per mushroom, you pay 10% for the bloom). Perhaps this is a precursor to changing WM to a single charge, which I think would be greatly appreciated.
Guardian gets a Mangle buff, though I haven’t kept up on tank DPS numbers lately so I don’t know how significant that is.
Oh, last and definitely least, the Displacer Beast cooldown got cut again, which still won’t change anything. As I’ve discussed before, the problem with DB isn’t the cooldown, it’s the base ability that’s terrible. If it gets a threat drop like Feign Death, or a DoT wipe like Vanish, then it will begin to catch my attention. Maybe I’m just not creative enough to see how it could be used offensively?