A I mentioned on WoM, I’ve been struggling with writer’s block lately. As I did there, I’m going to designate one day a week where I MUST write something (even if I think it’s terrible) in order to get something out there, even if it’s just an aggregation of links I find interesting.
(EDIT: Of course I would write this and then forget to hit Publish. That’s not very interesting. So, I added an interesting story to the d’oh thread linked below. :))
Rip Bug (Error in your Favor; Collect DPS)
So, I’ve deliberately kept quiet on this for a little bit to give those that found it some time to play with it, but it’s time to go public. :)
Stenhaldi (and others) discovered that if you cast Rip on targets inside an Ursol’s Vortex, that Rip becomes infinitely extendable via Shreds instead of just That means you can prep a super-Rip (via trinkets, potion, DoC, etc.), apply it, and keep it rolling for as long as your energy/OoC procs hold out.
This isn’t gamebreaking by any means, as you won’t have the energy to keep the Rip rolling once Berserk/Heroism is over, but it’s certainly a damage gain. I’ve seen DPS increase estimates from 5% to 20%. Don’t get accustomed to it though, it’ll get hotfixed fairly soon.
Talent/Trinket Rankings and Stat Weights
This thread is epic enough that it’s worth an article of its own, but I’ll just highlight it here and let you go read. Big thanks to aggixx for putting all this together.
- Weapons: N Tsulong’s staff (w/epic gem) beats H Spirit Kings polearm, LFR staff w/gem beats N polearm. Seeing that question a lot.
- If you’re looking to spend VP on upgrades: Weapon >>> Trinkets > Other stuff. Of course, do your research and don’t upgrade things that you’ll be able to get a dropped upgrade for.
- The d’oh thread keeps on rolling. :) Want to share about something silly you did during a raid? Post!
- A good discussion on my forums about tips for harder bosses in Brawler’s Guild. (Need to figure out how much invites are running for that…but I may just wait until 5.2, as the consensus seems to be that you need raiding gear to finish through Rank 8.)
- Congratulations to kaiadam (aka Dought) of our forums for snagging the World First Glory of the Pandaria Raider as part of his guild, Midwinter!