Made a to-do list for myself for whenever I finally get into patch 5.3, and figured I’d share.
- Go get your 3 MoguCoins (because you’ll forget if you jump right into all the shiny new stuff)
- Spend your VP on upgrading whatever you want to upgrade. Priority should go to the items with the most stats, aka weapons, trinkets, chest/pants, etc. Upgrading is fairly cheap, so I wouldn’t worry too much about upgrading something only to replace it later.
- Queue for Pinnacle LFR (because I still need runestones and a helm for my legendary meta). If you’ve finished through Chapter III of the legendary questline, go talk to Wrathion. Datamined info says that next step is a solo scenario where you visit one of the Celestials, with each Celestial offering a different challenge based on role (melee/ranged/tank/heal). Reward is an ilvl 600 cloak.
- Go talk to Loremaster Cho to start the new Battlefield Barrens questchain, and do the two required scenarios.
- Port to Barrens and complete quests there. Once complete through Battlefield: Barrens, you can come back to Pandaria and do a quick finishing quest to get some 502 boots.
- Find 2 other people and queue for a heroic scenario. The first one you complete has a guaranteed random ilvl 516 item; after that, the first one each day has a chance at a 516, so might start trying to round people up on a nightly basis until I’m in full 522’s/upgraded 502’s.
- At some point, go clear out Kara/SSC/TK for the new battle pets, and give the new Brawler’s Guild a try. Got Rank 8 before, interested in seeing the Rank 9-10 guys.
- Oh, and check out the new version of Force of Nature.