WeakAuras - Bleed Snapshots (WoD)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Stenhaldi
Exalted

WeakAuras - Bleed Snapshots (WoD)

Post by Stenhaldi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:09 am

See MoonBunnie's Feral Bleed Power for a Legion-updated (and generally cleaner) snapshot script.

Old post:
Spoiler: show
For Rip, Rake, and Thrash, this tracks the strength of any bleed you apply, taking into account the following multipliers.
  • Savage Roar (40%);
  • Tiger's Fury (15%);
  • Bloodtalons (30%);
  • Improved Rake (100%).
It then displays the ratio between the strength of the bleed you could cast (based on your current multipliers) and that of the bleed that is already on your current target. So for example, if it displays "100", then the bleed you could cast is just as strong as the one that's already up. If it displays "130", then you could apply a 30% stronger bleed. If it displays "77", then the new bleed would be 23% weaker. Other notes:
  • It will remember bleed strength on multiple targets.
  • It remembers how many combo points you cast Rip at, but assumes you will cast it at 5 combo points. (This felt like the most useful way to deal with combo points.)
Feral Bleed Snapshots (WoD) - WeakAuras 2 import string

It is a script for WeakAuras 2. After you import, it will show up as three small numbers in the middle of the screen that are only visible when you have the appropriate bleed active. You can move them around and resize them by selecting them in the WeakAuras options and using the settings in the Display tab (or dragging them).

It does not include any icons or timers for the respective bleeds. If you need those, you can make separate WeakAuras displays for them. The way I use this script is that I simply display the ratio number on top of my usual bleed icon display.

---

I made a new thread to clean things up. Here's the old thread. Credit goes to Collie for the original version of this script.
Last edited by Stenhaldi on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Re: WeakAuras - Bleed Snapshots (WoD)

Post by Stenhaldi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:11 am

Warning: I assume you have Improved Rake. If you use this at 90, beware that it will overstate the damage of any Rake cast during Incarnation or Prowl.

Also, I'm still holding out on checking for Shadowmeld. Remind me to add it if the Shadowmeld-Improved Rake interaction is still around at release.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for updating this for WoD, will be annoying with the Rake ratio assuming Improved Rake but we get it early on in leveling so it won't matter much and I am leveling with a group of people anyway so the ratios really won't matter until lvl 100.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Thank's Sten I was really hoping someone would make one of these for WoD, It seems like you beat Fragnance to the punch this time!

Collie

Post by Collie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Very nice! Awesome work as always! :)

I'm not sure how significant the impact is, but I've been running with a slight modification to Feral Snapshot Logic module in the MoP variant. The thinking behind it is that by allowing the function to look a little bit further into the event details we can immediately ignore unwanted ones. I've ported over the changes to the WoD build but can't test it, so there's no guarantee this works for sure.
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

function (event, _, param, _, source, ...)
   local filter = {
      ["SPELL_AURA_APPLIED"] = true,
      ["SPELL_AURA_REFRESH"] = true,
      ["SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS"] = true,
      ["SPELL_DAMAGE"] = true,
      ["SPELL_MISSED"] = true,
   }
    Rip_sDamage = Rip_sDamage or {}
    Rake_sDamage = Rake_sDamage or {}
    Thrash_sDamage = Thrash_sDamage or {}

-- preliminary check to make sure this event belongs to us and is the desired type
    if event == "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" and source == UnitGUID("player") and filter[param] then
        local _, _, _, destination, _, _, _, spell = ...

-- snapshot on spellcast
		if spell == 1079 and param == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" then
			WA_calcStats_feral()
			Rip_sDamage_cast = WA_stats_RipTick
		elseif spell == 1822 and (param == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" or param == "SPELL_DAMAGE" or param == "SPELL_MISSED") then
			WA_calcStats_feral()
			Rake_sDamage_cast = WA_stats_RakeTick
		elseif spell == 106830 and param == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" then
			WA_calcStats_feral()
			Thrash_sDamage_cast = WA_stats_ThrashTick
		end

-- but only record the snapshot if it successfully applied
		if spell == 1079 and (param == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or param == "SPELL_AURA_REFRESH") then
			Rip_sDamage[destination] = Rip_sDamage_cast
		elseif spell == 155722 and (param == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or param == "SPELL_AURA_REFRESH") then
			Rake_sDamage[destination] = Rake_sDamage_cast
		elseif spell == 106830 and (param == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or param == "SPELL_AURA_REFRESH") then
			Thrash_sDamage[destination] = Thrash_sDamage_cast
		end

-- clean up out of combat
    elseif (not UnitAffectingCombat("player")) and (not IsEncounterInProgress()) then
        Rip_sDamage = {}
        Rake_sDamage = {}
        Thrash_sDamage = {}
    end
end
Last edited by Collie on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Collie, US-Drenden

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:37 am

IS there an easy way of tying the text to an icon that moves? ie. a dynamic group with the text moving with the icon?

Tachyne

Post by Tachyne » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 pm

For some reason, only the ratio for Rip and Thrash is showing for me, i cant get the ratio for Rake to come up at all

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:37 pm

I only tested it at 100. I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Tachyne

Post by Tachyne » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Sten Don't worry pal, i was being a mong, it doesnt work because i tried it on live, once i logged over to beta and made a lvl 90 it worked fine so im guessing once patch day comes tomorrow it will be fine.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Tachyne wrote:For some reason, only the ratio for Rip and Thrash is showing for me, i cant get the ratio for Rake to come up at all
Yeah because apparently spell ids are changing, I noticed that it works for Rip and Trash only too as Rake has diffrent ID now on live. Tomorrow should be ok tho c:

Great work, Sten!

Alteredbeast
Honored

Post by Alteredbeast » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Anyone know the rake spell ID, I can't get it to show up. Also, I can get savage roar to track with WA's. But if SR gets the buff from the glyph, where you get a 5 point SR while sating rake or shred from stealth, it doesn't activate. Any thoughts there?

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Rake direct effect: 1822
Rake periodic effect: 155722

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:36 am

Stenhaldi wrote: It is a script for WeakAuras 2. After you import, it will show up as three small numbers in the middle of the screen that are only visible when you have the appropriate bleed active. You can move them around and resize them by selecting them in the WeakAuras options and using the settings in the Display tab (or dragging them).

It does not include any icons or timers for the respective bleeds. If you need those, you can make separate WeakAuras displays for them. The way I use this script is that I simply display the ratio number on top of my usual bleed icon display.
I was wondering why nothing happening, where are numbers?! they are so so small, that I was though this string was broken for me...
anyway big thanks for that

Zendikar

Post by Zendikar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 am

Tyvm for the update, everything is working pretty smooth. I am having one problem however. The way I choose to display the Icons is with "%i%c", so that it will show the icon of the bleed with the strength number right beside it. The only problem I'm having is rake is giving me a hard time. Rip and Thrash appear perfectly fine, but rake Is off center. I'll explain:

Rip looks like this -......(Rip icon) 100
................................(Rake icon)
Rake looks like this -....................100

I seem to remember having the same problem with the original string, but don't remember how I solved it. Any help would be welcome (:

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

Heyo, someone apparently liked how I had my rip/rake setup with those numbers so I'll just update how I have it setup using Stenhaldi's snapshotting logic and post it here.

Rake: http://pastebin.com/P7J6MD8c
Rip: http://pastebin.com/i8qmaEKf
Stenhaldi's logic: http://pastebin.com/cQ93HTr4

Just has the rip/rake icons, time left, rip/rake numbers above, thrash below. Not included is the thing in the background.

Thanks again Stenhaldi for the work on this.

Gralle

Post by Gralle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you for the glorious work Dysheki and Stenhaldi. Much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Gralle :D

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm

I might be showing my lack of proficiency with WA, but I am unable to move each ratio individually over the corresponding icon. Halp please.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Thandorr wrote:I might be showing my lack of proficiency with WA, but I am unable to move each ratio individually over the corresponding icon. Halp please.
They are probably locked. Don't know off hand how to unlock them but you can enter new x/y values to move them. Make sure to hit enter after you put in a number. Also I believe the numbers are based off the center of your screen.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:39 pm

fixed it, thanks!

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 pm

If you want to update it to include Improved Rake properly , replace Feral Stat Logic Custom trigger with

Code: Select all

function()

function WA_calcStats_feral()
        local DamageMult = 1 --select(7, UnitDamage("player"))

local CP = GetComboPoints("player", "target")
        if CP == 0 then CP = 5 end

if UnitBuff("player", "Tiger's Fury") then
            DamageMult = DamageMult * 1.15
        end

if UnitBuff("player", "Savage Roar") then
            DamageMult = DamageMult * 1.4
        end

WA_stats_BTactive = WA_stats_BTactive or  0
        if UnitBuff("player", "Bloodtalons") then
            WA_stats_BTactive = GetTime()
            DamageMult = DamageMult * 1.3
        elseif GetTime() - WA_stats_BTactive < .2 then
            DamageMult = DamageMult * 1.3
        end

local RakeMult = 1
        if IsSpellKnown(157276) then
            WA_stats_prowlactive = WA_stats_prowlactive or  0
            if UnitBuff("player", "Incarnation: King of the Jungle") then
                RakeMult = 2
            elseif UnitBuff("player", "Prowl") then
                WA_stats_prowlactive = GetTime()
                RakeMult = 2
            elseif GetTime() - WA_stats_prowlactive < .2 then
                RakeMult = 2
            end
        end

WA_stats_RipTick = CP*DamageMult
        WA_stats_RipTick5 = 5*DamageMult
        WA_stats_RakeTick = DamageMult*RakeMult
        WA_stats_ThrashTick = DamageMult
    end

return true
end
the <if IsSpellKnown(157276) then> line and the accompanying <end> should _SHOULD_ update when you learn improved rake.

I tested on live with a 90 and it removed that multiplier, but it still works on a level 100 beta premade.

Edit: As aggixx pointed out in my similar post on his WA thread, this is probably not the most efficient way to do this and might eat up unnecessary computer cycles. If you add in my code and experience performance issues, the issue is the repeated calling of the IsSpellKnown() function. That value could be cached elsewhere and queried on combat start or something and work fine.
Last edited by Twitchys on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:13 am

Hello. Thanks for sharing. I think there's an issue with this string. (The first one, not the one posted above my comment.) Sometimes right after I apply Rip with TF and Savage Roar (the only two abilities that are able to give Rip a boost) the Rip ratio number goes to 125 which is strange since it can't be stronger than the current one.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 am

Amitty wrote:Hello. Thanks for sharing. I think there's an issue with this string. (The first one, not the one posted above my comment.) Sometimes right after I apply Rip with TF and Savage Roar (the only two abilities that are able to give Rip a boost) the Rip ratio number goes to 125 which is strange since it can't be stronger than the current one.
Its probably because you applied with 4 CP's. If you are using Aggixx's old CP WA string, it's broken now and doesn't show correct CPs because it gives more than it should.

If that isn't it then idk what to tell you other than make sure you apply with 5 CP as this script ASSUMES you apply with 5 CP at all times.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 am

I was thinking the same since the number was 125. I was using the old CP script, but removed it since. It only happened 2-3 times so not much was lost.

Smudo

Post by Smudo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:39 am

Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for the new script....but I still have some problems. I play with the german client and translatet all correctly. Before 6.0. all works fine, but now the "Numbers" doesnt change. Every bleeding is constantly on 100.

Can anybody help me?

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:47 am

Rake is not showing up for me, any ideas?

Edit: Nvm it just started working oh well. Works great.

Just to let anyone know you can move the %c code from the actual "Rake Ratio" and such into the icon strings for text and have it show up that way too. Incase anyone is using a dynamic sort