Ovale for 6.0

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Jeshu
Revered

Ovale for 6.0

Post by Jeshu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:09 pm

I am in the process of dry-coding changes to Ovale for 6.0 and I have some questions that I hope the feral community can answer.
  1. How are combo points treated in the default UI? Does it show the number of CPs on the player unit frame regardless of if a hostile unit is targeted?
  2. If you are savvy enough to know how, can someone test for me how GetComboPoints("player") works? E.g., does it return something useful if no target is selected, etc.?
  3. Is the "combo-point delay" problem still there with Primal Fury?
  4. The PTR patch notes say that DoT snapshotting has been removed, but the WA post in this forum suggests that some self-buffs still apply. Is there a full list of those that apply to druids? That post lists Savage Roar, Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons and Improved Rake. Are there others?
  5. Can you buff bleeds cast without SR/TF by casting SR/TF after the bleeds have been applied?

Steakbomb
Revered

Re: Ovale for 6.0

Post by Steakbomb » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:06 am

I can't answer the first few questions but:

4: That list is correct, those are the buffs that will snapshot in 6.0. The snapshotting that we lost were trinket/weapon enchant based, our self buffs will snapshot still.
5: From the testing I have done, no. The snapshotting of SR/TF work the same way it does now in that if SR falls off midway through a bleed, the bleed damage is not effected and vice versa in that if you applied without SR and then cast SR, it will not buff the bleed, you will have to recast with SR applied to have it snapshot.

With these changes the idea is to still apply bleeds with Bloody Talons/SF/TF if possible and then just let them ride until they are about to fall. Trinkets/weapon enchant procs will still buff our bleed damage but only buffs the ticks that happen when said proc is up, as soon as it falls, our bleed ticks will drop to what they were before. This is one of the reasons multistrike is so good for us come WoD as we will be using FB a lot more as we don't need to worry about re-applying bleeds because a trinket procs.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:21 am

There is also something I read in the PTR patch notes regarding DoT refreshes -- when the DoT has under 30% of the duration remaining, it can be refreshed with full benefits and the DoT will not lose any ticks. Is this true for feral bleeds? I would assume the bleeds re-snapshot when they are refreshed.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:24 am

It resnapshots but I can't remember what its called but more or less what happens is, if you have say 5 seconds left on Rip and you reapply Rip, the new Rip becomes 29 seconds instead of 24 or something like that. It's a matter of not losing the extra time remaining. I don't remember all of the wording on it or if I am actually explaining it correctly but hopefully someone can clear it up a bit more.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Jeshu wrote:How are combo points treated in the default UI? Does it show the number of CPs on the player unit frame regardless of if a hostile unit is targeted?
They show up on Hostile target frames when you have them targeted. They did this to keep parody with what things look like in the default UI on Live.
Jeshu wrote:Is the "combo-point delay" problem still there with Primal Fury?
This has been fixed
Jeshu wrote:The PTR patch notes say that DoT snapshotting has been removed, but the WA post in this forum suggests that some self-buffs still apply. Is there a full list of those that apply to druids? That post lists Savage Roar, Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons and Improved Rake. Are there others?
Steak answered this correctly. To refine the answer a little more: Temporary stat changes/procs update DOTs (bleeds) dynamically. % based damage boosts like SR, TF, Blood Talons do snapshot. Improved Rake isn't so much a snapshot ability, its just a more powerful bleed.
Jeshu wrote:Can you buff bleeds cast without SR/TF by casting SR/TF after the bleeds have been applied?
Steak is spot on.
Jeshu wrote:There is also something I read in the PTR patch notes regarding DoT refreshes -- when the DoT has under 30% of the duration remaining, it can be refreshed with full benefits and the DoT will not lose any ticks. Is this true for feral bleeds? I would assume the bleeds re-snapshot when they are refreshed.
The mechanic was called Pandemic and it was a warlock passive ability. If you refresh a DOT the remainder of the previous DOT (up to 30%) is appended to the end of the new DOT. It does resnap the DOT when reapplied. So beneficial if you are able to refreash a non TF'd Rip with a TF'd Rip and extend it to 29 seconds.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Oh and Combo points now decay when out of combat, just like Holy Power does. I believe 1 falls off every 10 seconds.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Could someone do this test for me to verify the semantics of GetComboPoints() on the beta?
  1. Without combo points and with no target selected, run: /script print(GetComboPoints("player"))
  2. With combo points and no target selected, run that same command in the chat window.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Both return 0.
While still in combat and a target selected it returns the correct number of points.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:51 am

If you figure out a way of tracking combo points without a target that doesn't involve monitoring for cast of every CP gaining or spending skill let me know. As far as I'm aware there's no way to do it.
ImageImage

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:38 am

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do it. I do just track every CP generator and finisher in a CLEU handler, and then implement the decay when out of combat. There are some definite differences between the events received between pre- and post-patch 6.0, and I'll try to detail them after I finish all of my testing.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:02 pm

This is edited code from Ovale, but I'm doing something like the following to track combo points. From what I've seen, you do get UNIT_COMBO_POINTS events even if nothing is targeted, so you can manually decay the combo point count until the next time you get a "true" update by targeting a hostile mob.
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

OvaleComboPoints.combo = nil

function OvaleComboPoints:OnEnable()
	self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD", "Update")
	self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED")
	self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_COMBO_POINTS")
end

function OvaleComboPoints:Update(hasTarget)
	if hasTarget or UnitExists("target") then
		local canAttack = UnitCanAttack("player", "target")
		if canAttack then
			self.combo = GetComboPoints("player", "target")
		end
	end
end

function OvaleComboPoints:PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED(event, cause)
	if cause == "NIL" or cause == "down" then
		-- Target was cleared.
	else
		-- Target has changed.
		self:Update(true)
	end
end

function OvaleComboPoints:UNIT_COMBO_POINTS(event, unitId)
	if unitId == "player" then
		local oldCombo = self.combo
		self:Update()

local difference = self.combo - oldCombo
		if not InCombatLockdown() and difference == 0 then
			-- Decrement the combo point count until the next time a hostile unit is targeted to get a true update.
			local newCombo = self.combo - 1
			self.combo = newCombo > 0 and newCombo or 0
		end
	end
end

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 pm

I have the Ovale core working again and I'm starting work on the scripts for the different classes and specializations now. Is the SimulationCraft feral druid action list for Tier 16 Mythic okay to port over to a script? I guess the question is if that priority list will be fine for the next 4 weeks.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Yes, it is fairly optimized even for level 90.
ImageImage

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:28 am

Fantastic! Ovale is the last one of my main mods to be updated. The rotation is quite simple now but of all things it is my timing that is out a bit. Having Ovale's icons with the graphical indicator spinning till the GCD is up or energy hits the right level to hit my next ability is what I am missing most.

Of course, having scripts for my 10 alts will make learning all the class changes much easier!

Thanks Jeshu!

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Regarding the combo point thing, had a short discussion with @TSquaredgamr who is the Lead UI Engineer for WoW, and he seemed to recognize there was an issue.

https://twitter.com/PawketsWoW/status/5 ... 3759304704
ImageImage

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Question regarding the various empowered perks: do they appear in your spellbook in the "passive" section (after the active spells), or do they just adjust the tooltips of the spells in your spellbook once you reach the required level?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes it does show up as a passive in the spell book. http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=157276

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:11 pm

What about Bloodtalons? Does that also appear as a passive spell in the spellbook? I think it should since the effect is added by a talent.

scorpio0920
Honored

Post by scorpio0920 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Jeshu wrote:What about Bloodtalons? Does that also appear as a passive spell in the spellbook? I think it should since the effect is added by a talent.
I think it just renamed from past "Dream of Cenarius"

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:10 am

Jeshu wrote:What about Bloodtalons? Does that also appear as a passive spell in the spellbook? I think it should since the effect is added by a talent.
Yes it does.
ImageImage

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:43 am

The third beta of Ovale for patch 6.0.2 (Ovale-6.0.0b3) has support for feral and guardian druids. Scripts were translated from the latest SimulationCraft action lists for Tier 16 Mythic gear. If there are any errors in the rotation, please let me know and I'll do my best to investigate. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

JTF195

Post by JTF195 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Hey, I have a small request.

Do you think you could change the icon size sliders to use pixel values rather than scale factors?

With the way the current scaling is set up, it's impossible to achieve certain icon sizes.

1.0 is too small:
1.1 is too big:

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: the combo points thing. You can use UnitPower() to get combo points now:
https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/524320415053643777
ImageImage

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 pm

JTF195 wrote:Do you think you could change the icon size sliders to use pixel values rather than scale factors?
I'll look into it. I've been meaning to rewrite the frame code in Ovale, but it's lower priority than fixing up the scripts at the moment.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 pm

aggixx wrote:Re: the combo points thing. You can use UnitPower() to get combo points now:
https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/524320415053643777
Ah, perfect! That's a lot simpler.