Ovale for 6.0

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Triscone

Re: Ovale for 6.0

Post by Triscone » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm getting very jittery ability icons that look like they're constantly starting a spiral and resetting a spiral. This is coupled with chat spam errors relating to something to the effect of "OOPS! Blizzard screwed us over again Start=xxxxxxxx, end=xxxxxxx"

Anyone know what is causing this? I'm a pretty noob ovale user and trying to put this together and understand it and get it working to see if its something I might utilize in WoD or not.

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:12 pm

I seem to be having some issues with the beta version. The main attack and AoE attack squares start flickering when "Flash the icon when abiliy is ready" is ticked under Icon options. Also the potion square shows thousands of days of cooldown while I actualle haven't even used the potion yet..

I tried loading a character with only Ovale loaded and the problems continued, so I don't think it has anything to do with not being compatible with any of my other addons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIpL4u ... e=youtu.be

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 am

Definitely seeing the jittery cooldown animation.

Schizoyd

Post by Schizoyd » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:05 am

I am also seeing the jittery cooldown animation on the icons. It seems to happen only on feral. If I switch over to guardian, the icons flow smoothly. I actually noticed this issue *before* the 6.0 patch, but I just ignored it for the most part once I got the opener/rotation down.

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:16 pm

I got an answer from (who I suppose is) Jeshu on curse and it seems that it is indeed a problem with ferals. Unfortunately he does not yet know how to fix these issues:

"That just happens for some scripts and has to do with how the add-on determines when you will have enough resources to cast a spell. It's especially noticeable for the feral druid script due to how the SimulationCraft action list is written. There is an open ticket on this issue though I have no concrete ideas for how to fix it yet."

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm

The problem comes from energy being a step instead of a continuous function.

You can't have (at least as far as what blizzard's API tells us) 50.5 energy, its either 50 or 51. Since the conditionals relating to energy in Ovale assume its continuous, this causes it to be off by just a tiny bit each time the comparison is run. Thus, each time it updates, the cooldown wheel is restarted since the time to your next ability has changed (even though the amount of change is tiny).

The only thing I think could be done about it would be to "remember" when an energy conditional would be true, and as long as the new one isn't significantly off of the old one, use the old one instead so the cooldown wheel doesn't start over. Though I have no idea how feasible this is in the actual coding. I've helped jeshu out with some simpler things but he's got waaay more experience than me so I can only do easy stuff. :)

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 pm

That's basically what I was going to try, but there is some funniness going on with the cooldown animation frame that I'm trying to resolve by rewriting all of the old frame code.

Schizoyd

Post by Schizoyd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 am

Thank you Jeshu, I think I speak for everyone when I say that I definitely appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this project. I love that you're active on this forum and continue to keep us all updated. :D :D :D

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:26 pm

If there are people experiencing a problem with the icon frame resetting back to the center of the screen, please reply on this thread. I believe the problem has been fixed in recent releases, but I haven't received any feedback and I'm not sure if the problem is still there.

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:32 am

It is definitely no longer moving for me. Thanks for that. Having said that, i'm not sure if I have played my mage since the fix. So if it was class specific then it may be an issue still.

Thanks

Schizoyd

Post by Schizoyd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:01 am

At this point, it's still too frustrating to use in feral spec. The jittery cooldown animation just make it more distracting than helpful. It doesn't do it on any of my other alts that I've noticed. (Really hoping this gets fixed soon).

Also, not sure if this is on your to-do list, but it would be really cool to have more options regarding the frame positioning and sizing. This would be really helpful so that I can better integrate the addon into my UI.

Thanks for all your work on this addon!

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Schizoyd wrote:At this point, it's still too frustrating to use in feral spec. The jittery cooldown animation just make it more distracting than helpful. It doesn't do it on any of my other alts that I've noticed. (Really hoping this gets fixed soon).

Also, not sure if this is on your to-do list, but it would be really cool to have more options regarding the frame positioning and sizing. This would be really helpful so that I can better integrate the addon into my UI.

Thanks for all your work on this addon!
It'll do that on any energy/focus character (Feral, Hunter, Rogue). You can turn the spirals off completely if you want by going to Icon and unchecking "Flash the icon when ability is read" but that comes with its own problems (harder to tell when to use the ability).

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm working on fixing bugs in the Ovale script with the max level druids. If you have all the perks and can test with different level 100 talents, please do and let me know if something feels wrong with the actions suggested.

Fieran

Post by Fieran » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:45 am

There must be something wrong with the standard Ovale scripts. It keeps telling me that when I have Incarnation up, I should be continually raking? That's not right surely?

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 pm

If that is the case, please file a ticket for Ovale with the version number of the addon you are using, the script you are using, and the symptoms you are seeing. However, I'm not seeing this at all on my 90 druid running the latest Ovale 6.0.19.

Fieran

Post by Fieran » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Which one should I be using?

http://puu.sh/cW28L/543823eca5.png

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm

You should always be using the default script unless you know what you are doing with custom scripts. Uncheck the "Show Hidden" checkbox because you should not be using it.

And make sure you're using the current version of the addon, Ovale 6.0.19.

Fieran

Post by Fieran » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:26 am

Fixed it now yes, for some reason there was something in the old one that would try and get me to rake spam in KotJ

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm resurrecting this thread to give folks a sense of where Ovale development is heading and how it will apply to ferals.

My current development track is to enhance the SimulationCraft translator so that it is possible to input an APL directly and have it generate usable a backend Ovale script. There is something like that currently, but the one I am working on will allow for "tagging" spells to show in certain icons and the translator will automatically take the APL and the tagged spell list and generate the full Ovale script.

For example, for ferals where the theorycraft is tested extensively using SimulationCraft, the spells could be tagged as "main" (default), "shortcd" and "cd", and priority is "cd > shortcd > main" for which spell should be used if multiple spells are ready. The translator would then generate a script with 3 icons corresponding to main, shortcd, and cd and following the priority from the APL. This allows for an additional layer of testing of an APL via in-game testing through Ovale.

When completed this project will allow me to automatically import SimulationCraft APLs without needing to hand-edit quite as extensively as I currently do, which can be error-prone if I'm not paying attention.