Moderator: Forum Administrators

ShiroRX

Re: Pawkets' WeakAuras2 Display (WoD)

Post by ShiroRX » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Awesome. Thanks so much!

jeversonmelo

Post by jeversonmelo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Hello, I really liked. was modified to run a version for monk, but the combo points, does not work properly for chi, ex: if I'm one of Chi, the bar fills up 1/5 of its maximum, if I have two chi, the first 2 bars fill 2/5 of your max etc.

Could you help me with this?

Kigami

Post by Kigami » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 am

Hi Aggixx,

what do you think about changing the Energybar color if it is >= 50? Someone postet this Idea some pages ago.

Lynxx
Honored

Post by Lynxx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:53 am

Awesome! Got the pandemic auras over my droodfocus quite nicely. I'm also using the TF indicators over droodfocus as well and was able to change the color of the indicators as well! Also using the PS timer bar as well. Really slick! Thanks for the hard work Aggixx! Just had to tweak it a bit so my already old lady eyes could make heads or tails out of it all, =P. Thanks a bunch!

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:01 pm

jeversonmelo wrote:Hello, I really liked. was modified to run a version for monk, but the combo points, does not work properly for chi, ex: if I'm one of Chi, the bar fills up 1/5 of its maximum, if I have two chi, the first 2 bars fill 2/5 of your max etc.

Could you help me with this?
The progress bars are already configured correctly to work for any resource, you don't need to modify them. The only thing you want to modify is the "Feral CP Control" aura as I explained at the bottom of the previous page.
Kigami wrote:Hi Aggixx,

what do you think about changing the Energybar color if it is >= 50? Someone postet this Idea some pages ago.
You could I suppose, but I don't really see the point in doing so.
ImageImage

jeversonmelo

Post by jeversonmelo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 pm

The progress bars are already configured correctly to work for any resource, you don't need to modify them. The only thing you want to modify is the "Feral CP Control" aura as I explained at the bottom of the previous page.
I admit I did not understand anything of it, but I'll try. Thank you

JTF195

Post by JTF195 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

Just a heads up. The changes I made to support the dynamic updating of texture-based displays via custom triggers have been integrated into the current alpha versions of WeakAuras2, so I will be posting my full WeakAuras setup soonish

kiste

Post by kiste » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Is there a quick way to fix it on beta right now?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Do you mean beta realms? I haven't had any issues with it on beta.
ImageImage

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:39 pm

What are you planning on putting in the spot of Thrash in WoD?

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Could someone point me to the direction where I can find how to set up nameplates like in the video, so that buffs/debuffs show up for each unit on top of the nameplates?

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Óak wrote:What are you planning on putting in the spot of Thrash in WoD?
Wasn't it going to be moonfire when specced into LI?

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Karyy wrote:
Óak wrote:What are you planning on putting in the spot of Thrash in WoD?
Wasn't it going to be moonfire when specced into LI?
Oh. Will it be Bloodtalons stacks when specced into that then? if not then take it as a suggestion please :3

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Well I was just gonna use my old Predatory Swiftness WA for Bloodtalons, but if is gonna be replacing thrash then I wouldn't mind being able to see my kitty more. I'm not too sure what Pawkets had planned for it @ 100 though.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Yes the idea was that Moonfire would be in the 4th slot and Thrash would be moved to the side of the display instead of being in the main row. Unfortunately this requires a bug to be fixed with dynamic groups in WeakAuras and I don't know if that will happen by the time WoD comes out, so I may have to figure something else out.
ImageImage

Kelmor

Post by Kelmor » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am

Love the strings, thanks so much. Much more enjoyable and lower maintenance than droodfocus.

One question tho. When the orange tab appears in the lower right hand corners of rip and rake. Are those meant to pop up when a stronger rake/rip can be applied? This is what I assumed, but I couldn't find a clear answer, I'm sure I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks again

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:08 am

The orange tab indicates that the bleed was applied with TF. It seems the legend originally on the first page got removed and replaced by the video.

jeversonmelo

Post by jeversonmelo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

I really am very bad at it.
someone with programming skills could modify combo points for chi if not much work?

Alpheus
Revered

Post by Alpheus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

A new alpha version for WA2 just went up. Is there anything new that could be used to prevent the icon sweep flicker (other than OmniCC?)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Karyy wrote:The orange tab indicates that the bleed was applied with TF. It seems the legend originally on the first page got removed and replaced by the video.
Yep, that was the idea. I'll tweak the first post to make that a little clearer.
jeversonmelo wrote:I really am very bad at it.
someone with programming skills could modify combo points for chi if not much work?
Yeah I can do that when I get home.
Alpheus wrote:A new alpha version for WA2 just went up. Is there anything new that could be used to prevent the icon sweep flicker (other than OmniCC?)
Not sure what you mean. The flicker is caused by giving the auras a set frame strata instead of the default setting of "Inherited". Its been fixed in the newest version of the WeakAura for a while now.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Swap the "Feral CP Control" aura out for this:
http://pastebin.com/fSyYHmga
ImageImage

jeversonmelo

Post by jeversonmelo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 am

aggixx wrote:
Swap the "Feral CP Control" aura out for this:
http://pastebin.com/fSyYHmga
Thank you very much, and sorry to bother. I'll post the string of the few changes I made if anyone is interested.
  and thanks again.

WeakAuras string's :

Icons (Weakauras) : http://pastebin.com/HbChy4kS

Energy + Chi power : http://pastebin.com/qLp2wdhw

Icons (File) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdwbkulnyfvxf ... S.rar?dl=0 (PUT IN INTERFACE FOLDER)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 am

Well, its crunch time for expansion launch and I've got some free time in this class to think aloud here for a bit. As far as I'm aware the dynamic group issue that I had the setup designed around on beta still has not been fixed, which means its impossible for the SR & DoT indicators to have a non-static position. The reason this matters is that at 100 you have the ability to spec into a 4th DoT (Moonfire) and there is a question of where the best place to display it is. On beta I had moved the Thrash indicator off to the side (for all talents at level 100) so that Moonfire could takes its place when you are specced into it, but without Dynamic groups, having a varying number of indicators on the top line means the display would be lopsided for some configurations.

One thought I've had is that I suspect Bloodtalons to be so prominently used, I could move Thrash to the side only when specialized into Lunar Inspiration (and then Moonfire would take its place). Of course, the issue with this is one I had been trying to avoid from the onset: important indicators moving significantly depending on talent configuration, which (in theory) impede muscle memory. The reason I consider this acceptable is that players who use Bloodtalons are likely to use it almost exclusively, and the same story for LI players (although probably to a lesser extent) so the "UI shock" would hopefully be relatively infrequent.

Another option would be to just have Moonfire's indicator be off in some weird place other than immediately next to Rip or Rake but I really don't feel great about that. As a DoT you would aim to maintain in most situations, and certainly on single target, it should be in a place that is extremely easy to see and is as close to the other related indicators as possible. Thrash is important a good chunk less of the time and is often only relevant when a mindset change had already been made ("I'm now in AoE mode better watch that Thrash indicator like a hawk.").

A third option could be move thrash to the side and have a 4th indicator for all 3 talents. The Bloodtalons indicator could be stacks or PS, but I'm so accustomed to the playstyle the display is setup for now that I'm not sure I would really dig that. As far as what to show for Claws of Shirvallah I'm really not sure. What I do know is that the 4th indicator for those two talents would probably feel pretty forced and not really cohesive with the other 3 indicators.

If anyone has any opinions on the matter, or other plausible ideas I would love to hear them. I still have several other things I need to hammer out before launch so the sooner I can get this one done the better.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Nobody has thoughts on this? I suppose this subforum doesn't receive a whole lot of traffic :P
ImageImage

Paloro
Honored

Post by Paloro » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I would move Thrash only when spec'd into LI. As you said, the majority of people will be choosing BT.