Pawkets' WeakAuras2 Display (Legion)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

aggixx
Exalted

Pawkets' WeakAuras2 Display (Legion)

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 pm

If you're looking for a comprehensive, polished display for your Feral then this WeakAura setup might be of interest to you. It has DoT status/duration, snapshotted multipliers, pandemic indicators, combo points, energy, predatory swiftness, buffs/procs and more.

Current Version: v1.22
Example video & Explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQw8KM_7os
(If you don't understand how something works you probably want to watch this video)

To use this WeakAura you must download some custom textures.

Installation:
1. Download this zip file and extract the contents to your Interface folder (World of Warcraft/Interface). Note that you do not extract this into your addons folder. The final path should look like "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\ICONS" or similar with the included .blp files being inside the ICONS folder. It is important you place them in the correct directory or the display will not work, so read carefully. Again, this is not an optional step.
2. Restart your WoW client so it can index the new files. Just relogging or reloading will not work because the client only checks the directory for new files when it starts.
3. Import this WeakAura string:
https://wago.io/B11CRZXQz
4. (Optional) Import the Procs & Cooldowns icons, this is the bottom-most part of the display shown in the video. You may wish to use your own UI or other WAs for this instead:
http://pastebin.com/QSB36snW
Note: This is just baseline set of auras that you can use to create your own procs and stuff that all match the theme of the display. It includes some buffs like Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Incarn, but not any current trinkets or potions.

How can I move the display?
Spoiler: show
Select "Pawkets' Feral Display" in the WA options and then either click and drag the display or modify the X and Y Offset in the group tab.
How can I resize the display?
You'll have to change the size of all the individual elements and then reposition everything. Its a fair bit of work, unfortunately. Make sure all the icons are the same size and that the dimensions of the overlay auras are 60% larger than that of the icons. Both the icon and overlay auras are anchored at their center, so all you should have to do to align them is set their X and Y offset to be equal.
How can I get it to work with a non-English client?
There's a couple things that need to be configured correctly for the display to work in a different language. You want to go to the following auras and change the Aura Name field of the first trigger to your localized name for it:
Thrash Cat
Thrash Cat 2
Savage Roar
Rip
Rip 2
Rake
Predatory Swiftness
How can I make the display only show in Cat Form?
Add a new trigger to all of the visible auras and make it an aura trigger that checks for Cat Form on yourself. Then make sure they are all set to "All Triggers" at the top of that same tab where you added the new trigger. You don't need to add this for Snapshot Target Watch, Snapshot Methods, and Snapshot Controller as those are not visible auras.
Note that the Pandemic indicator for SR reflects its pandemic threshold assuming that you are at 5 combo points. The threshold is lower at fewer CP and in those cases you should generally not refresh it unless it is about to fall off.

Troubleshooting:
Display is green, very green!
Make sure you restarted your client after downloading the textures, and if you have then you didn't put them in the right place. Make sure they are placed in the path described in step 1 of Installation above.

The DoT and SR icons have multiple text timers on them.
You have some external addon adding its own text to them when they already have text by default. You can either turn off that addon or select each aura and removing the text (change "%p" to a space). You can control click to select multiple auras at the same time to speed things up.

Known Issues:
Display shows incorrect snapshot/pandemic information in some very rare situations. If you have any specifics on this that could help me isolate what causes it feel free to make a post.

Finally, since I am currently not playing WoW I'm unlikely to read any replies to this thread or PMs. If you'd like to get a hold of me specifically you can contact me on Discord at Pawkets#3754.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Pawkets WeakAuras2 Display (WoD)

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:26 pm

Realized that I never made Rip's icon change to FB for execute, will be adding that in as soon as I can.
ImageImage

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm getting this
Problem is only the overlay, the other auras seem to work fine and all the skins are showing.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:49 pm

That looks like you have ElvUI Addon Skins skinning the auras. Turning it off will fix it (can turn off skinning on just WA Icons, don't need to disable whole addon), but short of that I'm not sure how you could go about it.
ImageImage

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Oh yeah forgot about that, thanks
ImageImage

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't know if I messed something up but the icons didn't show a timer so I had to add it via Text %p, its fixed now tho and everything works like on the video.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

It was designed so you can use OmniCC to add timers to it (this way you get the cooldown spiral as well, or you would if that part of OmniCC wasn't bugged) but your way is an option as well.
ImageImage

hhubris

Post by hhubris » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Just wanted to thank you for your work. Followed your instructions and it "just worked". Is this forum going to the where you post updates?

Thanks again.
-HH

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Yup, I'll be posting any updates here. I definitely have some things I want to fix asap (like within the next day or so) but I ran out of time before raid so just posted what I had since it was usable.
ImageImage

Hwarra

Re: Pawkets' WeakAuras2 Display (WoD)

Post by Hwarra » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:54 am

Any way of replacing Moonfire with Trash, since Im not gonna play with Lunar Inspiration most likely? :)
Also, what does the green bar above bleed icons stands for?

Apart from that, awesome! Gonna try it as soon as servers are up <3

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:27 am

Automatically has Thrash instead of Moonfire there at level 90. At level 100 Thrash is moved to the right hand side as shown in the video, and Moonfire is in the middle if you're specced into it.

The green bar represents Predatory Swiftness (mainly for Bloodtalons but still useful otherwise).
ImageImage

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:43 am

Looks great!

Man I wish I was good with Weak Auras, may have to download and pick yours apart to get that green outline for pandemic around my timers

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:01 am

Thanks! Its essentially just a custom texture of a green box that I overlay on top of the normal aura.
ImageImage

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:02 am

aggixx wrote:Automatically has Thrash instead of Moonfire there at level 90. At level 100 Thrash is moved to the right hand side as shown in the video, and Moonfire is in the middle if you're specced into it.

The green bar represents Predatory Swiftness (mainly for Bloodtalons but still useful otherwise).
Oh ok, didn't know. Servers still down for me so didn't have a chance to test it :)

You are a god. Please let me worship you n_n

p.s Stupid question, but how to turn off elvui skin for WA only?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:06 am

Check the options for ElvUI Addon Skins (which can be found in the ElvUI options). I don't what its called specifically but it should be pretty straightforward.
ImageImage

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 am

aggixx wrote:Check the options for ElvUI Addon Skins (which can be found in the ElvUI options). I don't what its called specifically but it should be pretty straightforward.
Will do once I launch the game, thanks a ton ;) I hope you don't mind if Im gonna bother you with further issues regarding those WA.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 am

Feel free. I think most of the issues you're likely to run into are already outlined in the thread so should be smooth sailing.
ImageImage

kiste

Post by kiste » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 am

Is there any way to scale it a bit bigger?

Dargaron

Post by Dargaron » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks, this is working great.

I was just using TellMeWhen but was lacking the energy and combo points display - something I thought I was going to have to set up until now!

Alteredbeast
Honored

Post by Alteredbeast » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:57 am

Just want to echo everyone else. Thank you so much for making these. I know these require effort and I appreciate it. I was getting very frustrated yesterday trying to use TMW and WA's to replace Drood Focus. These are a million times better than my scrub UI I used last night.

Side question, I know you rushed these out last night before raid. Is there a way to put them all in one group so they all move together?

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 am

Do you plan on adding FoN to these auras? If not, what are you using to track them? A stack count and timer on recharge is always nice

Robd

Post by Robd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 am

Love it. Thanks a lot, Pawkets!
Do you plan on adding FoN to these auras? If not, what are you using to track them? A stack count and timer on recharge is always nice
I am using this one atm: http://pastebin.com/qRXxCgfa

I can't remember where it's from or who made it. It works great though, shows a recharge bar + charges

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks for all the kind feedback, glad people are enjoying it.
kiste wrote:Is there any way to scale it a bit bigger?
I don't think there is an easy way. You could increase the size of each display but then you have to readjust the positioning of a lot of elements, and the overlay textures are designed to work for the sizes its at by default. It likely would look a lot less clean because the whole thing is essentially a giant puzzle to get everything aligned (and you might think "ha, how hard could it be to align some pixels? I could do that" but its really harder than it would seem, I promise).
Alteredbeast wrote:Just want to echo everyone else. Thank you so much for making these. I know these require effort and I appreciate it. I was getting very frustrated yesterday trying to use TMW and WA's to replace Drood Focus. These are a million times better than my scrub UI I used last night.

Side question, I know you rushed these out last night before raid. Is there a way to put them all in one group so they all move together?
The best way to move them is to go to the Group position sliders for all 4 groups and add or subtract the same value (else everything will get misaligned) to all 4 groups. It will work but if you're trying to get the display in a very specific place it could be a bit of a pain.

Another way would be to put the dynamic overlay auras into a static group and position them manually over the DoT icons, and then merge those and the other 2 static groups into 1 group. Then you would only have to move the one static group and the procs & CDs group, but it kind of undermines the way it is set up to work at level 100. Originally the "static 2" group was a dynamic group as well but I ran into a bug with the element randomly flipflopping which sort of ruins the whole display since the overlays rely on assuming the position of the elements under them. I had to change it to a static group with manually positioned elements to release it but I plan to change it back in an update when that issue is fixed.
Thandorr wrote:Do you plan on adding FoN to these auras? If not, what are you using to track them? A stack count and timer on recharge is always nice
Once I make one that doesn't suck, yeah. I barely had time to make one at all before raid last night lol.
ImageImage

Kigami

Post by Kigami » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 am

It is not working for me.

What works are the combo points, the energy bar and rake.
Savage Roar, Rip and Thrash always shows as not applied. The green line for Predatory Swiftness doesn't show up as well.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am

Sounds strange. Are you perhaps playing on a non-english realm or client? I'm fairly sure that would break it in the manner you describe.
ImageImage