Soul Capacitor Swap WeakAura

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

aggixx
Exalted

Soul Capacitor Swap WeakAura

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:27 am

What is it?
Equipping a trinket incurs its internal cooldown (ICD). By doing this at a specific time relative to when the boss is pulled, you can manipulate the time of the first proc to be when you want it to be. The WeakAura automates the process, making the swap at the appropriate time so that the ICD ends when you configured the WeakAura to have it end.

Why should I use this?
Feral (and some other specializations) don't do very much damage during their opener until several seconds into the fight, so if your Soul Capacitor procs immediately your total explosion size will be smaller than if its slightly delayed. According to SimulationCraft you want the explosion to occur just before the legendary ring fades, and doing so yields higher average DPS (as well as higher 95th percentile, for those interested in ranking) than allowing it to proc normally. The exact impact will of course depend on the length of the fight, since this only affects the opener, but it is "free DPS".

How does it work? and Configuration
The WeakAura watches for BigWigs/DeadlyBossMod pull timers, and when the timer gets to 11 seconds it calculates when on the timer it needs to re-equip your Soul Capacitor for the ICD to end when you set it to. The desired delay of the proc can be set in the WeakAura's settings in the "Init" section of the Actions tab. By default it's set to 5.5 seconds which should work well if the ring is consistently used 1 second into the pull, watch your ring and Spirit Shift buffs carefully and adjust the setting if needed to make sure that the explosion goes off before the ring fades. You can also cancel the Spirit Shift to make sure this happens, but if it's happening often then you should lower the delay slightly.

The WeakAura will not do anything unless you have Soul Capacitor equipped (or optionally, another trinket if you want to adapt the WeakAura for something else). If your other equipped trinket has no ICD or use effect then it will swap your trinket's slots, otherwise it will quickly place Soul Capacitor in your bags and put it back so as not to put the other trinket on ICD. In the latter situation try not to be casting around the time when it makes the swap or it may be forcibly delayed.

Is this against the ToS?
Definitely not, anything you can do with addons or WeakAuras is fair game and if they want to disallow certain behavior they can (but you won't get in trouble for it).

Import
Big Wigs version
Deadly Boss Mods version

Make sure your WeakAuras is up to date, this aura uses relatively new functionality that is not present in old versions of WeakAuras.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Soul Capacitor Swap WeakAura

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 am

This version adds functionality to make sure the trinket gets re-equipped if you start casting after it takes it off but before it puts it back on.
ImageImage

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:41 pm

gonna try it out today, have tryed to delay the proc by waiting 4 sec before pull...didt found it better..
hope this is better

Pieoden

Post by Pieoden » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 am

For Kormrok I set it to 10s and that allowed me to do my opener, run to my position and then when hero and ring went out it proc'd. It pops right on top of hands.

Ungala

Post by Ungala » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 am

Does it not work if you aren't in a raid or something? Tried it out by just /dbm pull timer, and nothing happens.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 am

Do you have Soul Capacitor on? Is your WeakAuras up to date? It should work out of raid.
ImageImage

Arckvodle

Post by Arckvodle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Just wandering what other classes or specs that use Soul Capacitor would benefit from this?

Ungala

Post by Ungala » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:08 pm

aggixx wrote:Do you have Soul Capacitor on? Is your WeakAuras up to date? It should work out of raid.
Yup trinket is equipped, WA version 2.1.0.16 is the newest version showing on the curse client and is up to date, is there a newer one somewhere else?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Arckvodle wrote:Just wandering what other classes or specs that use Soul Capacitor would benefit from this?
Just Windwalker Monk, I think. Not sure what delay is best for them but likely the same.
Ungala wrote:
aggixx wrote:Do you have Soul Capacitor on? Is your WeakAuras up to date? It should work out of raid.
Yup trinket is equipped, WA version 2.1.0.16 is the newest version showing on the curse client and is up to date, is there a newer one somewhere else?
Nah that's the newest one. Might need to make sure your DBM is up to date as well, but other than that I'm not sure what the issue would be.
ImageImage

Pieoden

Post by Pieoden » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:15 am

With this weakaura I got a 97% parse in my bracket. I had it stall my proc until after the leap. No more canceling it before the leap. My explosion blasted the grasping hands as soon as they popped out. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pa ... pe=summary

I also had two spirit shifts in my second incarnation which helped alot. Im sure you guys would be able to do much better.

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I manually swapped it @Kormrok right before the pull and the first procc was at 40%, dunno what happened there... -.-

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Very rarely you won't get a proc on pull. I don't think it's specific to using the WeakAura, it's just a really uncommon bug.
ImageImage

Shemesh

Post by Shemesh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Yep sometimes SoulCap completely bugs and doesnt proc for about 2 mins into the fight. I have the problem about 1-2 times per raid night.

versy

Post by versy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 pm

This was working great for me up to a few days ago..did they patch trinkets or something?
I did a whole HC clear and 3 mythic bosses last night and compared to the other feral my procs on the trinket were less than 50% of his in ALL fights...
Just wondered if anyone else has come across this in the last few days?

Pieoden

Post by Pieoden » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:23 am

versy wrote:my procs on the trinket were less than 50% of his in ALL fights...
I'll Take RPPM trinkets for 500 please.

shits rng bro you had a poor night

eksdra

Post by eksdra » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm

It's doing something funky now...I see [Soul Capacitor] appear in the chat log, then a series of 4 number pairs, and then it doesn't put soul capacitor back into a trinket slot.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Sounds like you've got an older version, there should be no nonsensical prints in the current one.
ImageImage

eksdra

Post by eksdra » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:57 pm

New version fixed it.

Thanks!

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:41 pm

My luck must be horrible or i am doing something wrong. I have it set to the default 5.5sec delay and it is swapping my 2 trinkets about 5 seconds before the pull. I ahve spent the last hour and a half in front of a training dummy to see how this works. Out of about 25-30 "pulls", i got 2 that were 5 seconds into the pull like it should, and the rest came like 30 seconds in. I made sure to wait out of combat for 2 minutes after each attempt. Is this normal? I get that its random, but i thought the first proc was supposed to be more predictable? Is there some variable i am not accounting for? I swear when i am in a raid instance it almost procs immediately every pull, so this should help that. Just curious what other people's experiences have been if they have tried to test this.

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Tested while farming mounts this weekend and its behaving as expected. Wonder why (other than really random bad luck) outside of a raid it was acting the way it was.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:57 pm

It will only proc for sure if you engage a raid encounter. Swapping the trinket will remove an RPPM rampup even if you do wait 2 minutes between attempts, you need to engage a boss to restore that and then it will proc when the ICD ends. You can only test the swap part outside of raid unless you get really lucky.
ImageImage

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Ok this makes me feel better. Wasted some time, but learned something in the process :). This also explains why its working perfectly in raids. Thanks for the confirmation, Aggixx!

ikewu83

Post by ikewu83 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:26 am

Hi aggixx, do you know how to do that without WeakAura. I am using tellmewhen.
or you can tell me how many sec I need to wait for letting soul cap procs at 4 sec after pull?
Thank you in advance.

Rilee

Post by Rilee » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 am

My guild's pull timer is always 7 seconds, not 10. Do I need to change the remaining time to 8 seconds instead of 11?

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:37 pm

As discussed in Discord, I found something like this seemed to work for having per-fight timers:

Changes to the On Init event:

Code: Select all

-- Set the desired amount of delay of the proc here.
aura_env.desiredDelay = 4.5;
-- Set zone-specific delays of the proc here.
aura_env.desiredDelays =
{
    ["Destructor's Rise"] = 11, -- Mannoroth
    ["Pits of Mannoroth"] = 11, -- Kormrok
    ["The Felborne Breach"] = 10, -- Xhul'horac
}

aura_env.getDesiredDelay = function()
    return aura_env.desiredDelays[GetSubZoneText()] or aura_env.desiredDelay;
end
Minor change to the On Show event to use the function instead of variable:

Code: Select all

-- Some hilariously complicated timing garbage
local idealTime = aura_env.trinketICD-(aura_env.getDesiredDelay()-ping-0.05);
Might be a prettier way of doing this, but figured some people might be interested in this.

Edit: Looks like the only bosses in the same subzone are Reaver and Assault. Here are the others:

Reaver: The Iron Bulwark
Kormrok: Pits of Mannoroth
Council: Court of Blood
Kilrogg: Deadeye's Vision
Gorefiend: Maw of Souls
Iskar: Iskar's Clutch
Socrethar: Amphitheater of the Eternal
Tyrant: Temple of Tyranny
Zakuun: Grommash's Torment
Xhul'horac: The Felborne Breach
Mannoroth: Destructor's Rise
Archimonde: The Black Gate