DotFocus (DroodFocus continued)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Snowcloud

DotFocus (DroodFocus continued)

Post by Snowcloud » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:37 am

Since there was no update on DroodFocus I have made a clone under the name of DotFocus. It is fully legion compatible and under further development.

==>> Project page: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/dotfocus <<==

Why a clone? I tried contacting Merannanon for a while but got no response. According to the curse.com code of conduct, handing over an addon is (of course) not allowed. But the public licence of the addon allows it to clone it to a new addon with a new name. This I did and all the DroodFocus files are now downloadable with Legion compatibility over the curse client under the new name DotFocus.

I want to thank Merannanon and former contributors for this still wonderful addon!

There is an experiemental way to import your DroodFocus settings into DotFocus. Go and see the project page for a description of the process.

Acvodad

Re: DotFocus (DroodFocus continued)

Post by Acvodad » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:42 am

Heyo!

I installed WoW yesterday after about a years break and was very excited when I found out Droodfocus has continued. I'm now at work and I have a few questions about the addon. How do I setup target name on the target health bar? Also, target power bar; where do I find this? : )

Perhaps I did not look well enough for these features.

Thnx!

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:16 am

Acvodad wrote: I installed WoW yesterday after about a years break and was very excited when I found out Droodfocus has continued. I'm now at work and I have a few questions about the addon. How do I setup target name on the target health bar? Also, target power bar; where do I find this? : )
Both options are currently not available.

But it makes sense to have them, so I created two request for enhancement tickets at curseforge and we will look into it soon!

Tickets:
https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/dotfo ... placement/
https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/dotfo ... power-bar/

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:59 am

I've been using a fan update that was updated for Legion that unless I'm mistaken you were responsible for linking on the curse page for DroodFocus. Is this the same version, just updated and with a new name? Also, do you have any plans to continue the support for other classes, such as the Death Knight support Drood used to have? Lastly, have you updated the DotPower multipliers so they are accurate for those that use the %Power indicator on the icons? I had to manually update them in the previous version.

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:11 am

Konungr wrote:I've been using a fan update that was updated for Legion that unless I'm mistaken you were responsible for linking on the curse page for DroodFocus. Is this the same version, just updated and with a new name? Also, do you have any plans to continue the support for other classes, such as the Death Knight support Drood used to have? Lastly, have you updated the DotPower multipliers so they are accurate for those that use the %Power indicator on the icons? I had to manually update them in the previous version.
Yes, I was releasing that DroodFocus update, too. DotFocus is based on that adaptations, but already has some further improvements and bugfixes. I strongly recommend to switch over to DotFocus.

We will keep on supporting the addon. For Druids and for other classes.

I am not aware of a bug in the DotPower multipliers. Can you give me more information?

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 am

Snowcloud wrote:
Konungr wrote:I've been using a fan update that was updated for Legion that unless I'm mistaken you were responsible for linking on the curse page for DroodFocus. Is this the same version, just updated and with a new name? Also, do you have any plans to continue the support for other classes, such as the Death Knight support Drood used to have? Lastly, have you updated the DotPower multipliers so they are accurate for those that use the %Power indicator on the icons? I had to manually update them in the previous version.
Yes, I was releasing that DroodFocus update, too. DotFocus is based on that adaptations, but already has some further improvements and bugfixes. I strongly recommend to switch over to DotFocus.

We will keep on supporting the addon. For Druids and for other classes.

I am not aware of a bug in the DotPower multipliers. Can you give me more information?
I'm currently in the process of switching over, but working on rewriting the WTF variable file from DroodFocus so I can import rather than have to set everything up from scratch again. PITA, but it will be quicker than the time it will take to do a fresh set up.

As far as the DotPower goes, the older version was still using a 40% damage increase for Savage Roar and a 30% increase for Bloodtalons, rather than the current values of 25% and 40%. In dotPower.lua there are 2 lines that need adjustments:

Old Line 44:

Code: Select all

damageCoeff=damageCoeff*1.40
New Line 44:

damageCoeff=damageCoeff*1.25

Old Line 53:

if docActive then docCoeff = 1.30 end		
New Line 53:

if docActive then docCoeff = 1.40 end		

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

Konungr wrote:

Thank you for noticing, I will change that in the addon.

By the way, Bloodtalons do 50% damage increase now. The tooltip of the talent is wrong, the tooltip of the buff is correct. Also refer to http://www.wowhead.com/news=254233/7-0- ... g-hotfixes

We have a possibility to import and convert the charakter specific configuration file. Look at the project page on curse for how. But if you are familiar with editing the config file directly, that works as well. Just keep in mind that in the encoded LUA code for Rip you have to make an adaptation, too. Otherwise you will keep getting errors.

Konungr
Exalted

Post by Konungr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am

Snowcloud wrote:
Konungr wrote:

Thank you for noticing, I will change that in the addon.

By the way, Bloodtalons do 50% damage increase now. The tooltip of the talent is wrong, the tooltip of the buff is correct. Also refer to http://www.wowhead.com/news=254233/7-0- ... g-hotfixes

We have a possibility to import and convert the charakter specific configuration file. Look at the project page on curse for how. But if you are familiar with editing the config file directly, that works as well. Just keep in mind that in the encoded LUA code for Rip you have to make an adaptation, too. Otherwise you will keep getting errors.

Ah, I thought I was going crazy lol. I could have sworn that it had gotten buffed to 50% but every time I read the tooltip, it said 40, so. I'll take a look at the import/convert thing too.

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Thank you for continuing this Snowcloud.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:25 am

Haha, I only just noticed this! I thought that "subscribe"ing to the other DroodFocus thread would send me emails upon new posts, but apparently not. Anyway—

Thanks a ton for taking over the mantle, Snowcloud! Out of my 42 installed addons it's the one I most couldn't do without.

I believe Blizzard reverted the 40%->50% BT change at the last minute, so it's actually the tooltip for the talent, not the tooltip for the buff, that's right. You can check the actual damage numbers. I just Raked a training dummy and it was ticking for 39,217; then HTed and Raked again and it was ticking for 54,904 (and 54,904/39,217 = 1.4). So DotFocus currently has it right, at least as of the version I downloaded a couple of hours ago.

However, in DotFocus, when I Rake a mob from stealth, the "what percentage your Rake damage would change by if you Raked again right now" number shows 0 instead of changing to a red 50, i.e. it doesn't seem to be recognizing the double damage upon Raking from stealth.

I took a very quick look at DotFocus_dotPower.lua and I noticed that you changed how Rake-from-stealth is detected ("it is not possible to check for the aura anymore once rake was executed"). But actually, the new method doesn't appear to be working for me, whereas I'd gotten it to work fine with the latest DroodFocus (with your initial fixes of course) by simply changing a few lines in DroodFocus_core.lua such that DF.ImprovedRakePerk is always true.

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi Istaro,

sad that the stealthed rake detection does not work for you. I got no other complains so far.
But actually, the new method doesn't appear to be working for me, whereas I'd gotten it to work fine with the latest DroodFocus (with your initial fixes of course) by simply changing a few lines in DroodFocus_core.lua such that DF.ImprovedRakePerk is always true.
What did you change exactly? ImprovedRakePerk was code from the WOD addon, with Legion there are no longer Perks for spells, so I think I had all that code deleted. I would be most happy to have a way of detecting whether rake was executed from stealth or not.

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:07 pm

Snowcloud wrote:Hi Istaro,

sad that the stealthed rake detection does not work for you. I got no other complains so far.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting; well, Drood/DotFocus have so many features, many of which are different ways of displaying the same information, that maybe not many people use the "percentage by which the damage of this DoT would change if you reapplied it right now" number that I use, and instead just use those colored circles or something? Dunno—I could send you my config file if you're interested.
What did you change exactly? ImprovedRakePerk was code from the WOD addon, with Legion there are no longer Perks for spells, so I think I had all that code deleted. I would be most happy to have a way of detecting whether rake was executed from stealth or not.
DroodFocus was using a timer (DF.ImpRakeTimer) to detect whether Rake is being applied from stealth; see e.g. function DF:SetImpRake in DroodFocus_core.lua (I can't find the corresponding function in DotFocus_core.lua).

So it was working except for the fact that DroodFocus was checking for the existence of a perk and not finding it. So I changed

DF.GlyphOfSavageRoar=false;
DF.GlyphOfSavagery=false;
DF.ImprovedRakePerk=false;
DF.ImprovedBerzerkPerk=false;
in DroodFocus_core.lua:29–32 to

DF.ImprovedRakePerk=true;
DF.ImprovedBerzerkPerk=true;
and also replaced the entire content of DF:checkGlyphsAndPerks() (DroodFocus_core.lua:97–whatever) with

DF.ImprovedRakePerk=true;
DF.ImprovedBerzerkPerk=true;

Chidori

Post by Chidori » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:05 am

Thanks for continuing this. And now a request :)

I've set up my power bars to change colours (<35 = red, >50 = yellow, etc.) but the energy ring dropped and now I need to redo them as they seem to be percentage based. Is it possible to have those colours options be number or percentage based depending on your (my) needs?

Thanks.

Anoura

Post by Anoura » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking up the droodfocus mantle <3. However I have noticed a weird glitch when I use AF with bt and tf at first it shows it as buffed and then it revert to having no buffs and when I bt again is says it would be a more powerful buff. Does anyone else have this issue?

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Anoura wrote:Hello,

Thank you so much for taking up the droodfocus mantle <3. However I have noticed a weird glitch when I use AF with bt and tf at first it shows it as buffed and then it revert to having no buffs and when I bt again is says it would be a more powerful buff. Does anyone else have this issue?
This is a problem I am currently investigating in. AF is not 1 debuff but 15. So it snapshots 15 times. I have no clue how to handle that with the addon, as I also assume that BT for example buffs only two of the 15 applications (and therefore is useless since it gets overwritten).

If someone has a good solution proposal...?

Snowcloud

Post by Snowcloud » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Chidori wrote:I've set up my power bars to change colours (<35 = red, >50 = yellow, etc.) but the energy ring dropped and now I need to redo them as they seem to be percentage based. Is it possible to have those colours options be number or percentage based depending on your (my) needs?
Thanks.
Can you specify that more? I can take it as an enhancement request, but I cannot promise on any timing...

Istaro
Honored

Post by Istaro » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Snowcloud wrote:If someone has a good solution proposal...?
Actually, what's the benefit of a DoT power indicator for AF? Since the cooldown is so much longer than the duration, you can never "refresh" it, so you don't have to decide whether or not to refresh it early based on your damage boosts, right?

Chidori

Post by Chidori » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 am

Hopefully in the attachment you can see how I've set up the colouring. This works great if you have 100 energy. After getting the legendary ring I now have 200 and the colours are all out of whack. I could just change them for the ring but it seems like a sensible option to be able to use set energy numbers, rather than percentages in case I need to swap items/talents out that can change my total energy.

Hope that make sense?

Thanks.
Attachments
DotFocus_autoColour.jpg
DotFocus_autoColour.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 6326 times

VaeVictus1164

Post by VaeVictus1164 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi fellow druids,

First up, thanks for working on dotfocus it's great to have it!

Is it possible to make blood talons show two dots that vanish as used rather than what it currently does?
For some reason I remember something like this wayyy back in pandaria days.

*cricket noises for a few weeks since original post here*
until, today...

just an update for anyone else who is actually interested.
did a fair bit of searching and couldn't find a way to do it

eventually worked out it's possible by using the addon https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2, there's a string over here;
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/202 ... read/page2

enjoy :)