Gul'Dan

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Gul'Dan

Post by Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Gul'Dan encounter in Nighthold. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.

Kairee

Re: Gul'Dan

Post by Kairee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am

Got first Heroic kill last night. I'm running BS/SR/JW/BT
Got Chest + Gloves as legendaries. No 2 set.

When to use your extra action button?
Last night I've been trying to keep using it on CD (obviously timing it after the felfire ball that he drops). The only thing I found it useful for was for shortening the CD on Berserk/TF.
I'm having trouble mixing it in the rotation. Actually, I'm having quite a bit of trouble making the rotation work with all the things that are going on. My dps is all over the place and I can't really work out why there's so much of a difference between tries. Sometimes it's easy to keep the rips + SR rolling on the big adds in Phase 1, other times I'm just standing there being energy starved and not getting crits to generate CPs.

I thrash the small eyes and keep dps on Gul'dan, but always switch to priority target (the big adds, the dreadlord, big eye laser).

General dps tips on this fight? With finishers in particular and that extra action button.