Blackrock Foundry - Oregorger

Moderator: Forum Administrators

aggixx
Exalted

Blackrock Foundry - Oregorger

Post by aggixx » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Oregorger encounter in Blackrock Foundry. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Dwade
Honored

Re: Blackrock Foundry - Oregorger

Post by Dwade » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:24 am

2nd phase I ran around raking the boxes and doing damage to the boss if he was nearby and I could get behind him fast enough. I was making sure to FB if he was in execute range during p2 to refresh my rip, even if it was only 1-2 combo points. When he was at 90 energy I just saved up 5 combo points for a fresh rip or FB.

Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:05 am

tonight I tried using displacer beast to blink through the roll.. timed it too late. Anyone successfully do it?

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:11 am

Disp. Beast seems like the best Tier 1 talent on this fight, but I don't see a point in using it through the roll. It's high risk with no reward in my opinion. I'm using it in a swift combo with Skull Bash to reach him with enough time to refresh my bleeds.

Nephera

Post by Nephera » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:41 am

I blinked through him with no problems, just as he started to roll. I gave my GM a scare though lol.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:13 pm

As a personal tip: don't overthink this fight. We tried too hard to plan it out, but a yolo strat with healers at the corners of the inner square worked wonders, dps running around whatever

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 pm

We just have too many people with no idea about the safe spots and how to not get rolled. Despite explanations, videos and guides.

I'm going to set up 4 groups to stand in each corner of the inner circle and deal with the crates in their own corner - with one marked person in each group who knows the 2 safe spots in each corner and when to move to them.....

TheLOOGE
Honored

Post by TheLOOGE » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Dysheki wrote:As a personal tip: don't overthink this fight. We tried too hard to plan it out, but a yolo strat with healers at the corners of the inner square worked wonders, dps running around whatever
YES! This, this a thousand times this! Our raid leader is bound and determined to get all 20 people to kill each box in a specific order. So ranged will kill boxes 1 and 2 but NOT before box 3 is killed and 5 is melee's responsibility... Blah blah you get the point. I think a lot of folks end up getting mowed over because they worry more about box kill order than actually being aware of boss positioning and moving accordingly. Sometimes as it pertains to strats, less is more. And it's a good thing. Oregorger is one of them.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:10 am

Top damage from a Feral on this fight requires you to try to never drop the dotline from the boss while you Rake and Rip (full duration ticks for maximum results) as much boxes as you can. Kill timer of around 6 minutes and 40 seconds is perfect for us.