Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

mekell
Honored

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by mekell » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:51 pm

For reference, as of right now, the cata stuff (food, flask, etc) is still better than their mop counterparts despite the info in the tweet tinder linked.

Satrion

Post by Satrion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 pm

The enchants that were listed before are still better too.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Thejnkz wrote:Wouldn't Reality Ripper Ring be BiS?
For the crit/mastery focus suggested for AoC the two crit mastery rings are better. If you're going crit/haste, then sure. Its a small difference regardless.
mekell wrote:For reference, as of right now, the cata stuff (food, flask, etc) is still better than their mop counterparts despite the info in the tweet tinder linked.
Satrion wrote:The enchants that were listed before are still better too.
Good to know. Feel free to use them just don't blame me if they get nerfed out from under your feet :D I think I'll refrain from putting them in the guide for now either until some time passes or we get further clarification on the matter.

So, they hotfixed Assurance of Consequence between beta and live. It actually grants Increased Cooldown Recovery Rate like it says on the tooltip instead of Cooldown Reduction. Updated trinket sims inc...
ImageImage

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:49 pm

aggixx wrote:So, they hotfixed Assurance of Consequence between beta and live. It actually grants Increased Cooldown Recovery Rate like it says on the tooltip instead of Cooldown Reduction. Updated trinket sims inc...
Doesn't it essentially mean the same thing?

Obviously I'm wrong, just don't know why. Don't understand that trinket, never cared for it much.

Is that a buff or a nerf?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Increased Cooldown Recovery Rate = divide by (1+x)
Cooldown Reduction = multiply by (1-x)

Its a nerf.

Edit: New comparison is up. Its a lot less powerful but its still hands down the best trinket. The change may impact stat weights more than anything.

Edit 2: Stat Weights for AoC are also updated, no significant change.
ImageImage

Donde28

Post by Donde28 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Quick question about Force of Nature usage, with the removal of snapshotting from trinkets and potions except SR and TF, when would be the best time to use FoN? Is it recommended to use it whenever it's off CD or wait until trinkets proc toget the highest dps overall.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Use one charge whenever your charges are about to hit 3 and dump all charges during trinket procs.
ImageImage

Donde28

Post by Donde28 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:38 pm

aggixx wrote:Use one charge whenever your charges are about to hit 3 and dump all charges during trinket procs.
I see, thanks. Have never used FoN talent before. So I should only use FoN charges when trinket procs and never without it? with the exception of using 1 of the charges so it won't get wasted?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Exactly.
ImageImage

Shadowfang

Post by Shadowfang » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Awesome, thank you for updating this! =D I'm relatively new to feral, only been playing mine at level 90 for a few months now, and I'd been using your 5.4 guide for my kitty dps. I want to main feral for WoD so I need to practice kinda getting a feel for all the different changes.
I didn't know how soon you'd post new info but I'm really glad to see it's up already!

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:48 pm

It also appears that the following code does not work alone or in a macro.

Code: Select all

/cast Incarnation
The following does appear to work:

Code: Select all

/cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle

Simbba

Post by Simbba » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 am

So i have a regular AoC and Heroic mythic Haromm's for reforging how do i set it up in wowreforge/ askrmrrobot.
this is my armory my sim not working no clue why.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 am

I could tell you what weights to use to achieve what the guide suggests but that would be kind of pointless when I can just say use the gems and enchants in the guide. Its pretty straightforward since you match all socket bonuses. (Reforging is gone btw)
ImageImage

Simbba

Post by Simbba » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:07 am

ah ok thank you i'll do that

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:30 am

pawkets can you tell me why wa2 dosent show up anywhere on the screen after I pasted that code? I have no clue how to set it up

smugler

Post by smugler » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:06 am

aggixx wrote:Use one charge whenever your charges are about to hit 3 and dump all charges during trinket procs.
Sorry but does this quote means that FoN still take snapshotting from trinkets? which means FoN is the only thing that take snapshotting effect on feral right now?

lazycat

Post by lazycat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:19 am

smugler wrote:
Sorry but does this quote means that FoN still take snapshotting from trinkets? which means FoN is the only thing that take snapshotting effect on feral right now?
Well as I understand it our DoTs still snapshot from TF.

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:05 am

Simbba wrote:So i have a regular AoC and Heroic mythic Haromm's for reforging how do i set it up in wowreforge/ askrmrrobot.
this is my armory my sim not working no clue why.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced
reforge is no longer exist, gone

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 am

smugler wrote:
Treants are scaling of your attack power, agility procs give you AP so it scale treants melee damage, and their rake is also affect only by AP and it's snapshotting of it

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:29 am

lazycat wrote:Well as I understand it our DoTs still snapshot from TF.
Our DoTs do snapshot on damage multipliers (Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons, Improved Rake) but Treants don't have any of those things because they don't inherit them from us. Their Rake just does damage based on our stats at the moment it ticks, and thats it.
Zstriker wrote:Treants are scaling of your attack power, agility procs give you AP so it scale treants melee damage, and their rake is also affect only by AP and it's snapshotting of it
Yeah this. Just like if you Shred during a trinket proc and it does more damage than without the proc, the same goes for treants because they inherit your stats. You want to use the Treants right when the trinket procs so that they can benefit from the increased stats for as long as possible.
ImageImage

smugler

Post by smugler » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:26 pm

aggixx wrote:
lazycat wrote:Well as I understand it our DoTs still snapshot from TF.
Our DoTs do snapshot on damage multipliers (Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons, Improved Rake) but Treants don't have any of those things because they don't inherit them from us. Their Rake just does damage based on our stats at the moment it ticks, and thats it.
Zstriker wrote:Treants are scaling of your attack power, agility procs give you AP so it scale treants melee damage, and their rake is also affect only by AP and it's snapshotting of it
Yeah this. Just like if you Shred during a trinket proc and it does more damage than without the proc, the same goes for treants because they inherit your stats. You want to use the Treants right when the trinket procs so that they can benefit from the increased stats for as long as possible.

Thank you for clearing this up about treants, but can I ask you about the normal rake, I havent played beta but now as Im trying the patch for the first time, and from reading that rake does not snapshot unless by savage roar and tiger's fury, I'm right now testing on the dummy, and my rake says on tooltip, 3612 when my haromm's trinket is up, but when haromm's trinket is down, rake tooltip says 1962 ish, doesnt that mean it is actually snapshotting and getting stronger from trinket proc, or am I missing something here :( :oops:

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Temporary procs update our DOT's dynamically. While your Haromm's is up your Rake will benefit from it for the Haromm's proc duration and then lose the benefit as soon as the proc expires. Prior a snapshotted DOT would keep that buff through the duration of the Rake.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:11 pm

I've updated the talent comparison to reflect a bug in SimulationCraft that was causing Force of Nature to deal triple the damage it was supposed to be dealing. The result is that Incarnation is a good choice for pure single target with Soul of the Forest being not far behind, and Soul of the Forest being the clear winner in any other situation.
ImageImage

Donde28

Post by Donde28 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:59 pm

I guess it's time to abandon Force of Nature. Thanks for the update.

Dolenraug
Honored

Post by Dolenraug » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Hello :) I'm a little confused after the new patch 6.0.2 or whatever it is, first regarding Gems. There are not mentioned Agi gems just Crit as red, what do i do with all my red +10 Agi gems that are in my gear now? And second, is there a change in rotation now that Mangle are gone? I hate changes...

Thanks a bunch!

Best regards Dolenraug