Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:Can you tell me what you guys were averaging for overall dps on the Mythic Garrosh encounter?
What kind of numbers are you pros pulling?
I did 17672 DPS which is one of the best parses for the fight atm, but I forgot to use my 2nd pot until the end and I dropped SR for like 10 seconds at the start of P4. That was with skipping the Terrace transition. 18k is definitely possible without too ridiculous RNG.

Also the who guy unseated my parse from #1's parse's boss has 30% less HP than ours so I have no idea what's going on there. If they did nerf it a second (third?) time then the DPS potential is probably fairly different.

On enchants, Greater Assault is still better than the WoD bracer enchant but all of the other formerly best stuff was nerfed. I want to check if Precise Strikes is nerfed or not, but my enchanter hasn't gotten back to me yet :lol:
ImageImage

Bunnychaser

Post by Bunnychaser » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:30 pm

http://i.imgur.com/BMuFmcp.jpg unenchanted gloves (+11 haste)
http://i.imgur.com/0ffcZgc.jpg precise strikes

apparantely the enchant is 16 crit somehow, even though it only reads 15

idk what's going on there. maybe there's some fucked up rounding or something i don't know about

lol

edit: in all honesty i have NOT changed a single piece of gear.
http://i.imgur.com/WgHRlr3.jpg
I have now lost the one extra crit rating that I didn't deserve.

The enchant is giving 15 now.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm

You get 5% more critical strike rating for being a Feral Druid since its our attuned stat. You'll either get 15 or 16 depending on the total crit you have in other places and how it ends up rounding. Not sure why it changed for you but that's why you can get either.

Thanks for testing it, that's definitely the best glove enchant then.
ImageImage

RareBeast
Honored

Post by RareBeast » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:48 am

I got my first Mythic kills last night - first 6 bosses. And frankly it seemed about as easy as flex was before! On Galakras we spent ages waiting on the next group of mobs to appear and the demolishers were lasting less than 10 seconds!

Also did a Heroic Paragons and Garrosh last night (13k dps on Garrosh).

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:55 am

aggixx wrote: Also the who guy unseated my parse from #1's parse's boss has 30% less HP than ours so I have no idea what's going on there. If they did nerf it a second (third?) time then the DPS potential is probably fairly different.
Guild did an alt raid yesterday and the boss does indeed have less HP now. (I wasn't there but logs show the same -30% HP compared to your logs).

smugler

Post by smugler » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 am

I didn't want to start new thread for this question, its regarding 6.0 and SoO, do you guys pool energy to get the maximum out of FB, or what is decent here? every 25 energy is extra 100% damage right? or am I wrong? if this is the case i'd say

pool to 75 energy then FB?

or do you pool to 50 energy then FB?

or do you not care for pooling at all? and say why please if this is the case

lazycat

Post by lazycat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:27 am

Not every 25 energy, just up to an additional 25, so 50 energy for full damage.

Untamable
Honored

Post by Untamable » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:13 pm

I know this is not PVE related, but does anyone know why the tooltip of Maim shows more dps out of cat form?
Name changed to Purr
Proraiders

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:21 pm

smugler wrote:I didn't want to start new thread for this question, its regarding 6.0 and SoO, do you guys pool energy to get the maximum out of FB, or what is decent here?
You want to use it with 50+ energy as often as possible. It got a fair amount of buffs compared to 5.4 and its DPE is a lot better than Shred's now. Generally the only time you shouldn't use it with 50 is if it would cause Rip to fall off in execute phase or if it would push back using Tiger's Fury.
ImageImage

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Untamable wrote:I know this is not PVE related, but does anyone know why the tooltip of Maim shows more dps out of cat form?
Same with shred and swipe: they're weapon damage abilities, and your weapon damage is much higher outside cat form (since your attack interval is longer).

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:10 pm

It used to be that you would only get attack power from agility while in Cat Form so your abilities would show very little damage out of cat form despite what Stenhaldi said, but now you get attack power from agility just for being a Feral Druid regardless of what form you're in.
ImageImage

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:51 pm

How important is FB during trinket procs? Is it worth sacrificing 5 CP refreshed SR for a trinket buffed FB?

Say my SR has 6 seconds left and I'm at or close to 5 cp with both or a single trinket proc up, would it be a dps increase to FB and then refresh SR with >5 CP?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 pm

It depends if the resulting SR is going to give you troubles refreshing both it and Rip. If you're still going to have plenty of energy after FBing, like during Berserk or right at the start of a TF, then I would go ahead and FB since you're not going to have any troubles getting a couple CP for SR, but given that you're FBing your Rip is probably already about medium duration which means a low CP SR could might expire too close to Rip's expiration to manage. Just depends on timers.

At 90 you'd tend to be more liberal with the FB since your CP generation is high enough to bounce back from a small collision like that, but at 100 doing something like that could very easily cause a long Rip downtime.
ImageImage

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Just posting my impressions on SoO 6.0 feral right now after all the nerfs to the bosses.
I'm in between switching to resto so Ive been out of a lot feral stuff for WoD (so excuse me if I say some really dumb stuff, this was basically my last raid as feral) I found Incarnation the best 60 talent for any single target fight lower than 1:30min, which is really easy now that bosses have no hp.
Also, on paragons I didn't even used rip and still got "decent" numbers, it was pretty much rake and FB spam no fucks given.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zqF ... &source=21
ImageImage

Bloodtainted

Post by Bloodtainted » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:05 am

about snapshotting.

Is it entirely gone or not ? All I've read for months on wow community site (even TFD 6.0 guide), twitter, official forums and blog post is that come WOD snapshotting is gone. Unless I misunderstood that message I took it to mean all damage over time effects would be dynamic and adjust to your current stats on the fly. BUT! then I took a venture over to the WA2 script thread here on the TFD and see they updated the snapshotting script for WOD but snapshotting isnt a thing anymore?

So for feral is snapshotting a thing or not a thing in WOD or somewhere in the middle and kinda a thing ?

If snapshotting is gone then what purpose does the WA2 WOD script serve ? What is its usefulness ?

If snapshotting is a thing or kinda a thing could you update your guide to be more clear (something to the effect: snapshotting is gone but you still need to track bleed strenghts for reasons X,Y,Z) on that for us returning players (I've been gone a long time) because blizzard has been hammering it pretty hard that snapshotting is not a thing in WOD. At all.

So yeah I'm very confused about whats happening with snapshotting if someone could clear that up for me its very much appreciated <3

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:15 am

Stat snapshotting is gone. That is, trinket, potions, and other stats procs (see new legendary quest ring) DO NOT SNAPSHOT.

Personal skills SPECIFICALLY FOR FERALS were left in as snapshottable because it is such an integral part of our playstyle. Those are :

Savage Roar
Tiger's Fury
Improved Rake (Draenor perk)
Bloodtalons.

So, we no longer have to track every change of our stats due to trinkets etc, but we do still need to know what personal buffs were applied to our bleeds. Hence: aggixx's WAs don't track exactly what the total multiplier is, but only if the ability was buffed by TF, BT, or Improved Rake.

Yriss
Honored

Post by Yriss » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:25 am

Meaningless wrote:
aggixx wrote: Also the who guy unseated my parse from #1's parse's boss has 30% less HP than ours so I have no idea what's going on there. If they did nerf it a second (third?) time then the DPS potential is probably fairly different.
Guild did an alt raid yesterday and the boss does indeed have less HP now. (I wasn't there but logs show the same -30% HP compared to your logs).
Just to confirm ... garrosh had around 21M hp wednesday (EU server, there were already a nerf, 16 (?)m less than US server at the start) and it took us around 9min to kill him. But thursday he had only 12M ... around 5+min to kill garrosh mythic on logs
It seems all other bosses received a 2nd nerf as well, even immerseus (down from 8+M wednseday to around 5M thursday on EU server)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:34 am

My understanding is that they applied a universal nerf to MoP monster health after the patch launched which didn't take effect until a server restart, and then after that they made some targets nerfs to Garrosh and a couple other things, the end result being that when the servers finally do/did restart Garrosh (and the other bosses) had even less HP.
ImageImage

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:56 am

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T16M.html

I fail to see how with 12% buffs to most of our abilities we're doing exactly the same DPS as we were on Wednesday.. can anyone explain what I'm missing?

Grenache
Honored

Post by Grenache » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 am

I don't think it kicks in until your next realm restart.

Valery

Post by Valery » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am

Naw, the old sim had us at 17.4k or something. Somewhere along those lines. We did get buffed, but so did a lot of other classes which is probably why it doesn't look that different.

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 am

I'm fairly sure the Wednesdays sim had us at 19k.

Valery

Post by Valery » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 am

http://puu.sh/ch8f2/3a03e382a1.png

Pre-hotfix sims. Then again, this might not have been fully accurate either. Who knows. :P

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:59 am

Hmm interesting. Could have sworn we were at 19k. Oh well.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 am

Those sims just don't feel accurate to me. During our raids, I was like 2 or 3 on the single target fights, if that simcraft is true then I should have been like 9 or 10. Oh well.