Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Óak
Honored

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by Óak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:32 am

aggixx wrote:All EU parses have both of the boss HP nerfs already in effect. This is why you can see 11 EU parses on Garrosh above mine which is the highest US parse, because the vast majority of US guilds finished the lockout for the week before the 2nd nerf took effect on US realms.
I'm on EU, I raided both Wednesday and Thursday and on Thursday the bosses had less HP than Wednesday, so what do you mean by "all" the EU parses have both HP nerfs already? They do now, but they didn't when I raided this week.

Iron Juggernaut for example

Wednesday - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gCP ... &by=target
Thursday - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f7B ... et&fight=9

53m HP opposed to 37

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:41 am

Ye, 3 scenarios basically.
1/ Bosses without Nerfs
2/ Bosses with Nerfs
3/ Bosses with Nerfs and Ferals with Buffs

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

Amitty wrote:Ye, 3 scenarios basically.
1/ Bosses without Nerfs
2/ Bosses with Nerfs
Indeed. That's what I thought. I believe that Wednesdays raids were bosses without nerfs, Thursdays were bosses with nerfs and any raids Friday onwards (?) are with nerfs and the class damage hotfix (aka Feral buffs)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Ah yeah you're right, my mistake. I think got confused by the fact that all the good parses were EU, but they all happened on Thursday not Wednesday, which makes sense considering probably the majority of guilds took two nights to clear (or don't raid on patch day).

@Amitty There was two HP nerfs to Garrosh that were applied at different times, the first 15% targeted specifically at Garrosh, and then the global ~30% or something nerf to all Pandarian mobs. So in that case specifically there are 4 cases :lol:
ImageImage

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm

óak wrote:
Amitty wrote:Ye, 3 scenarios basically.
1/ Bosses without Nerfs
2/ Bosses with Nerfs
Indeed. That's what I thought. I believe that Wednesdays raids were bosses without nerfs, Thursdays were bosses with nerfs and any raids Friday onwards (?) are with nerfs and the class damage hotfix (aka Feral buffs)
Fairly sure the hotfixes went live on sunday morning because of the extra maintanance..
aggixx wrote:Ah yeah you're right, my mistake. I think got confused by the fact that all the good parses were EU, but they all happened on Thursday not Wednesday, which makes sense considering probably the majority of guilds took two nights to clear (or don't raid on patch day).
We waited till sunday for our main raid, so we had both the HP nerf and the hotfix, even more boring now, cleared in less than 2 hours(did 2 runs because of this) :cry:

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Fairly sure the hotfixes went live on sunday morning because of the extra maintanance..
Yeah, wasn't sure hence the "(?)". Knew it was some time over the weekend.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 am

Any idea if the animation bug/issue during Incarnation is going to be fixed? It seems like Rake and Shred causing Savage Roar to be constantly refreshed during Incarnation, because of Glyph of Savage Roar, are also making the Feral Druid to be in permanent Savage Roar animation. So my Feral forgets how to cat and is just standing there being all proud. :P

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:48 am

Considering that is only a cosmetic issue and we still have broken mechanics I really hope it isn't going to be addresses soon. I would rather BITW get fixed, and OOC procs not getting consumed by SR addresses first.

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Amitty wrote:Any idea if the animation bug/issue during Incarnation is going to be fixed? It seems like Rake and Shred causing Savage Roar to be constantly refreshed during Incarnation, because of Glyph of Savage Roar, are also making the Feral Druid to be in permanent Savage Roar animation. So my Feral forgets how to cat and is just standing there being all proud. :P
Fire Kitty also doesnt resume after Incarnations unless you reshift.

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

Hi guys,

I didn't want to create a new thread for a request this specific so I figured perhaps someone from here could help me out (and perhaps even add these to the guide :) ).

I used to have talent macros for each macro tier before my faction change. Unfortunately all my macros got deleted and I'm finding various different talent tier macros. Does anyone perhaps have tier 1-6 macros?

What I'm looking for is macros for each talent tier that represent the active skill of said talent tier according to which talent I have chosen (and changes the icon accordingly aswell)

I would be super grateful if someone were to provide these to me :).

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Valmount wrote:Hi guys,

I didn't want to create a new thread for a request this specific so I figured perhaps someone from here could help me out (and perhaps even add these to the guide ).

I used to have talent macros for each macro tier before my faction change. Unfortunately all my macros got deleted and I'm finding various different talent tier macros. Does anyone perhaps have tier 1-6 macros?

What I'm looking for is macros for each talent tier that represent the active skill of said talent tier according to which talent I have chosen (and changes the icon accordingly aswell)

I would be super grateful if someone were to provide these to me .
I assume you also server changed, if it was only a faction change your macros will still be there, unless you name changed.

Copy your macros-cache.old and macros-cache files from your character profile in your WTF file on your old server to the same place but instead on your new server. To clarify:

World of Warcraft folder > WTF > Account > "Account name" > "old server name" > "character name on the old server"

copy "macros-cache.old" and "macros-cache"
and paste at:

World of Warcraft folder > WTF > Account > "Account name" > "new server name" > "character name on the new server"

Make sure you do this when logged out of WoW else it won't work.

If you only name changed, it's the same process but all on the old server, just old character name and new character name.

Tip: When you server change, copy your character file from your old server to destination server before you log into your character on the new server. If you do this, your UI should be exactly the same when you log in on your new server.

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 am

óak wrote:
Valmount wrote:...unless you name changed.

Unfortunately that's exactly the case :( . Thank you so much for trying to help though!

Monopedia

Post by Monopedia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 am

Valmount wrote:Hi guys,

I didn't want to create a new thread for a request this specific so I figured perhaps someone from here could help me out (and perhaps even add these to the guide :) ).

I would be super grateful if someone were to provide these to me :).
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... acros.html

Nice little addon that will change the macro based on the talent you have selected. If you create the macros in your General macros it will also use the macros for other characters/classes.

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 am

Valmount wrote:
óak wrote:
Valmount wrote:...unless you name changed.

Unfortunately that's exactly the case :( . Thank you so much for trying to help though!
What I just explained will also work if you name changed. I specifically gave instructions if you had name changed.

If you only name changed, it's the same process but all on the old server, just old character name and new character name.

Valmount

Post by Valmount » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 am

óak wrote:
Valmount wrote:
óak wrote:

What I just explained will also work if you name changed. I specifically gave instructions if you had name changed.

I should've clarified - I know about this method. It is the first solution I tried. My original character's folder was deleted along with the character itself (automatically I suppose). There is no such folder nor the cache files that went with it.

Monopedia - thank you for the alternative solution :). That's pretty much what I'm looking for, only the macroes did it automatically and didn't require an extra addon. I think I'll just keep on trying the macroes I find, I'm bound to stumble upon the one I need sooner or later :P.

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Question for the druids out there...since combo points are on the player, has anyone considered using an anatomical dummy or a turnip punching bag before a boss to build 5 combo points before even starting? I am not sure if those are usable in a raid instance, but that could potentially let us open with an immediate 5 point rip (similar to the tactic used to gain combo points before malkorok).

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 pm

mekell wrote:Question for the druids out there...since combo points are on the player, has anyone considered using an anatomical dummy or a turnip punching bag before a boss to build 5 combo points before even starting? I am not sure if those are usable in a raid instance, but that could potentially let us open with an immediate 5 point rip (similar to the tactic used to gain combo points before malkorok).
This doesn't really give us anything. Applying a Rip off the bat would be a Rip without Tigers Fury or Savage Roar. Our opener is so easy with the savage roar glyph anyway.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Combo points degrade like HP does now. You might be able to do this, but like Oak said you don't want to spend on Rip with out buffs.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Both of those items are only usable in Pandaria, which means they can't be used in a raid instance.
ImageImage

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:45 am

Anyone know the avg proc rate of clearcast? I'm guessing around 5-7% resulting in around 40% uptime on Feral fury? (not at home so can't check)

main raid yesterday and someone(not me :(), had 70% uptime on feral fury once :D

Kinda meh that we went from praying to rnjesus for trinket proc to instead be praying for OoC procs, at least it's not nearly as big of a dps increase ;)

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:46 am

Hihi, it seems like Baver's energy pooling play got him this suprising uptime on one of the short fights. :D I hope he was acting accordingly and not overpooling. :P

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 am

Meaningless wrote:Anyone know the avg proc rate of clearcast?
Its 3.5 PPM (not RPPM), so 5.833% per swing. Uptime in 588 gear should be about 40% yes.
ImageImage

ShiroRX

Post by ShiroRX » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Considering that is only a cosmetic issue and we still have broken mechanics I really hope it isn't going to be addresses soon. I would rather BITW get fixed, and OOC procs not getting consumed by SR addresses first.
SR/OoC fix in the notes for tomorrow.
Druid
Feral
Savage Roar should no longer incorrectly consume Omen of Clarity's clearcasting effect.
Resolved an issue where Rip refreshed through Ferocious Bite was not extending its duration for the full amount against targets that were below 25% health.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Yep. I know no idea how they found out about those ;^ )

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I almost assumed that the Savage Roar one was a change due to how they changed the wording in the tooltip.
Your autoattacks have a chance to reduce the Energy cost of your next Cat Form ability by 100%
I forget exactly what the old one said but I think it was something along the lines of damage and healing spells/abilities. Is good that they aren't changing it though since no one wants to waste OOC on Savage Roar...