Need help with DPS

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Anoura

Need help with DPS

Post by Anoura » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Hello,

I have been struggling with my dps and I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm going to post my last Zakuun fight, I fight I feel I should be doing better on. I currently lack any tier or the proper trinkets. I guess I would like to know whether its a gear issue or something else. Warning, my uptimes are not as good as usual because I had to soak periodically.

Thank you,

-Anoura

My armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ura/simple

My log:

Here is the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4M ... e&source=8

Eltur
Honored

Re: Need help with DPS

Post by Eltur » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 am

You'll feel a huge difference as soon as you get the 4pc - that's all I can say

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:52 am

ye tier bonuses is huge boost to dps
however you should try squeze in more FB, and Shreds, and there is also a bit less Bloodtalons procs gains

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:16 am

Biggest thing that I see an issue with is your use of CD's. In a 3:30 minute fight that's a pretty much perfect kill time for feral with them having 3 minute cd's. You seem to have held your cd's in execute for some reason, pretty much getting barely any use of them. You also didn't use a potion with those cd's which hurt you even more.

But overall have a rough idea of the kill time you suspect to have on a fight and plan out your cd usage ahead of time, and then adjust accordingly in the fight. Utilizing and stacking as many buffs you can makes a huuuge difference.

Edit: removed mention of uptimes after reading you had to soak.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Anoura

Post by Anoura » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello again,

When should I use my cds on this fight? Depending on the fight I use them at start and then when they are up again.

Also am I refreshing rip too soon? I tend to do it when >10 seconds and wait until it hits the pandemic stage, unless it's buffed with tigers fury and bloodtalons then I wait for most the duration. Should I try to squeeze a FB in there?

Thank you

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Anoura wrote:Hello again,

When should I use my cds on this fight? Depending on the fight I use them at start and then when they are up again.

Also am I refreshing rip too soon? I tend to do it when >10 seconds and wait until it hits the pandemic stage, unless it's buffed with tigers fury and bloodtalons then I wait for most the duration. Should I try to squeeze a FB in there?

Thank you
On a 3:30 fight like you had on zakuun, you know you will get to use your cd's on pull and then around the 3 minute mark you'll have them again. The issue was that you didn't use them when they came up and only got one finisher inside that set of cd's before the boss died.

I generally wouldn't rip again until inside the 7.2 pandemic range, and I'd FB anytime its above that. Unless you feel confident you can pool to reach rips pandemic without wasting energy, but once you get t18 this becomes an even easier situation to prioritize biting, and then ripping once you hit pandemic.

Edit: Looking deeper I see that you popped cd's at about 7 seconds into the fight.

00:00:07.017 Anoura casts Berserk
00:00:07.196 Anoura casts Incarnation: King of the Jungle

This would mean at about the 3:07 mark you'd have them up again.

00:03:07.765 Anoura casts Ferocious Bite on Fel Lord Zakuun
00:03:08.362 Anoura casts Burning Mirror on Fel Lord Zakuun
00:03:10.375 Anoura casts Shred on Fel Lord Zakuun
00:03:11.391 Anoura casts Stampeding Roar
00:03:18.595 Anoura casts Savage Roar

You had about 7 seconds of inactivity which I assume you stamped and then went to soak. This was the time you could have spent popping cd's and unloading on the boss. But this is something you didn't necessarily do wrong, you had to help the group with a mechanic. But doing so is gonna hurt you dps-wise of course. The problem I see is after you soaked, you SR'd when you should have popped your cd's and then gotten a free SR from incarnation and given yourself more use out of those cd's rather than wait till the 3:25 mark to use them.

Hope this helps <3
Last edited by Bluewulf on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Relocated to proper location