Feral Help

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Anoura

Feral Help

Post by Anoura » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some help maximizing my feral druid's dps. I do pretty well in raids but I still would like to get better and improve.

Zakuun:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vP ... C#fight=21

Soc:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vP ... fC#fight=8

And here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ura/simple

Also, does anyone have a good guide on how to properly pool energy? I admit I have a slight problem with exhausting my energy.

Thank you,

Anoura

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Feral Help

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Moved to the Logs Evaluation forum :^ )

violintides

Re: Feral Help

Post by violintides » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Looking at the Socrethar logs you linked me you did even better than I did, so I can only give general advice based on what I'm seeing.

#1: If you know your group is going to lust within the first couple minutes of the fight, save your CDs. Pre-pot like you always do, but just don't use Inc/berserk combo until lust goes up. I see your DPS spikes really high at just over 500k when the fight starts-- but just imagine how good that would be if you'd have bloodlust. :P Getting out of P1 IS important, but not as important as getting that dominator down ASAP so you can interrupt the Soul of Soc. However, I do know that if you use those CDs at the very beginning you can use them again towards the execute phase-- so feel free to ignore me if your group is slow enough to have you get your CDs off twice in a fight (mine is slow enough that I use them at the beginning and the end, too. But I know some aren't).

#2: Your thrash uptime is a little low. Do you guys not have DKs gripping the shadowcallers in so you can thrash on 'em? It's not super low, so not super important, but still.

#3: Your ring damage is better than mine, but it's interesting how you guys are chosing to use it. We use ours on the first dominator to destroy him and then bloodlust for the 2nd one since that's when the healers could use the extra speed for keeping us up during that shitty AOE time. That way our ring goes off during execute phase. Yours seems to go off right before execute phase starts, yet you still did more damage than me in your ring. Though, you also had 6 spirit shifts and I only got 3. Yay RNG. :(

#4: Glyph talk! Ninth Life I feel like is only really useful for Tyrant. Otherwise, I use the other one since when we do take damage, if we take bigger heals from it, we usually benefit more. Healers aren't exactly running out of mana right now (I speak as one who lives with a 12/13 Mythic Holy Pally who just can't GIVE AWAY his mana with Flash of Light fast enough lol). More like they can't heal as quickly as they'd like. So if we can help them only to cast one heal on us instead of two, I think that far outweighs the 10% damage reduc versus 20% increasing healing rcvd. What do you think?