How "bad" is AoC compared to the other trinkets from SoO?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Vaults

How "bad" is AoC compared to the other trinkets from SoO?

Post by Vaults » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Hey everyone,

I have HF AoC, the trinket it's not that bad itself but I have the feeling that the other trinkets are way better. I know exactly when the trinket will proc but during its proc sometimes (in most cases) RoR won't proc and I can't take max advantage of AoC proc.

I know that Haromm's Talisman is better than AoC on most fights but I don't have the trinket yet. The question is how better is this trinket than AoC? I wonder when the trinket procs how often do you get RoR proc at the same time (let's say you have hc RoR)?

On other hand I kinda like Ticking Ebon Detonator. I've seen a few feral druids using it. It can provide solid burst at the pull, not just that it seems somehow quite nice trinket to me.

What do you think is the best to aim for? I am really tempted to go for TED because I really like this trinket and its play style.

Any thoughts?

Sibylle
Revered

Re: How "bad" is AoC compared to the other trinkets from SoO

Post by Sibylle » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 am

I don't think AoC is bad at all - personally, I love the trinket, but I've heard people here say they were underwhelmed.

This tier, it's very hard to simply say "x trinket is better than y trinket", because it depends so much on the fights and things like personal playstyle. Aggix made a trinket comparison here, but please do read all the disclaimers he surrounds it with.

I run with Haromm's and AoC and am fairly happy. TeD doesn't drop in our raid; our hunter and I are convinced the trinket is a myth, as both of us have never seen it drop on any difficulty, and coined for it every week too with no result ;)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Grenache
Honored

Post by Grenache » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:22 am

I have been running with a 530 RoR and 561 AoC until tonight when the Warforged Haromms dropped. So I loaded up Catus and replaced the RoR with Haromms and my dps was about the same. I then put RoR back in and swapped out the AoC to find a 10k difference. Went from about 380k to 390k on a Patchwerk 4.5 min fight.

Bethany

Post by Bethany » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't mind H-RoR + H-AoC, the defensive side of it has proven valuable on numerous occasions. Sadly Harrom's doesnt want to exist for our raid - we have 5-6 agi users waiting :( In fact, pretty much all Agi gear doesn't exist in our raid (I've coined all of my current heroic gear >.>)

Personally I'd probably swap in/out either AoC or Harrom's depending on the encounter/raid progress. AoC seems to be the most useful in learning an encounter. Leaning towards Harrom's for pushing DPS a bit higher.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:23 pm

AoC is good for progress when you aren't worrying about ranking super high but just worrying about mechanics and the reduced CD amount helps a ton for those fights.

Harrom's is a good amount of DPS gain over AoC but AoC is not terrible by any means. AoC Agi proc is a BIG proc and it lasts for quite a while. The down side is you only get that proc every 115 secs roughly. Personally I use a WeakAura bar that counts down the ICD of AoC to help me know when I will get another proc.

I am using a RoRo(just got Heroic RoRo on Tuesday night :-) ) and AoC but I am yet to see Harrom's drop. We just switched from 10 man(talking to each other about loot drops) back to a 25 man(loot council) but I know I am going to get Harrom's when it drops as I only take my BiS pieces and pass on all the other loot unless nobody needs it(IE Heroic Immersus staff).

A Heroic/Heroic Thunderforged RoRo is 100% your BiS trinket but the other trinkets are all fairly close to each other.

Harrom's
TED
AoC
Sigil
Thok's Tail Tip

That's a quick run down of Best to Worst as far as SoO trinkets go. If you only have a Normal/Normal TF RoRo than 2 HEROIC SoO trinkets will outweigh RoRo by a little bit.

Depending on how many people are going after trinkets and what not, your best bet is to keep Harrom's/AoC on you to swap out on fights like progression as neither of them have passive stats that require reforging to use with a RoRo. TeD has Mastery on it so you could technically just swap it out with Harrom's/AoC but your RoRo proc wouldn't be as high.

If you are using 2 SoO trinkets then your 2 best are generally going to be Harrom's/TED but none of the trinkets are terrible.

Personally if I see a Sigil I am going to grab it just for doing trash pulls to get them down quicker. AND I want a Thok's Tail Tip for my Bear set as that Amplification is nasty for Bear.

Karlzone

Post by Karlzone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 am

I wouldn't use sigil of rampage steak. It just seems bad. I have a hc wf version and my other trinkets are: N-RoR, HC AoC and HC Haromns.
On single target fights it is by far the worst; this is no surprise. On spoils the proc did (for me, anecdotal evidence) the same damage as multistrike from Haromns. Then keep in mind the procs from that. AoC for that fight though seems really, really good.

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

I like AoC but the gripe with it is that on some fights it is going to proc around 30% and 5% leaving you hosed for BitW. I would have preferred a smaller more frequent proc.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Karlzone wrote:I wouldn't use sigil of rampage steak. It just seems bad. I have a hc wf version and my other trinkets are: N-RoR, HC AoC and HC Haromns.
On single target fights it is by far the worst; this is no surprise. On spoils the proc did (for me, anecdotal evidence) the same damage as multistrike from Haromns. Then keep in mind the procs from that. AoC for that fight though seems really, really good.
I would only use Sigil on Trash, not actual bosses

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Karlzone wrote:On spoils the proc did (for me, anecdotal evidence) the same damage as multistrike from Haromns.
Depends on your strat of course, but our rogue stated he was getting a tad higher numbers with the cleave trinket, and I reminded him it's important to remember where the damage is going to. Sigil may do the same or more effective DPS but if you're not explicitly trying to rank you should probably using Multistrike for more focused damage on kill targets.
ImageImage