Any Chance of input and advice for my dps ?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Zarzul
Honored

Any Chance of input and advice for my dps ?

Post by Zarzul » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:17 am

Hey

iam new rerolled feral, and swapped guild, any advice and input how to improve my dps would be nice

i see others feral go for haste and lesser mastery is my reforge ok ?

i got a hands, shoulder HC item, but would it be better, to go for normal gear 4p bonus ? i think we maybe can down sha of pride hc some day for the chest.

armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... zul/simple

WOL link:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/aj0n ... ?enc=kills

for ure info i swapped to DoC at Thok

thx ahead for any input

Sibylle
Revered

Re: Any Chance of input and advice for my dps ?

Post by Sibylle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Haste? Who goes for haste?

Generally, if you have a Rune of Reorigination, you need to balance the secondary stats with Mastery JUST on top. If you don't have the rune, the stats priority is mastery > crit > haste. Hit and crit to cap (7.5%) and as much agil as possible.

To make reforging less of a pain in the rear end, there are excellent addons, easily the best being Catus - you can download it from a link in the thread here in this forum (it's pinned near the top).
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

inferiorlol
Honored

Post by inferiorlol » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Neverpullout

Post by Neverpullout » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello and welcome to TFD forums.

Just for a slight comparison, and not to toot my own horn, here is a dark shamans log from a week when I was about the same ilvl as you are now (565)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r ... 015&e=7437

I'm going to break that fight down rather than the whole log.

1. I noticed that your uptimes for the most part are pretty decent. I would just suggest trying to get rip into the mid 90's and you will see an increase.

2. Your opening numbers on this fight are kind of odd, in that you peaked twice. Not sure why that is the case but make sure you are lining up every single type of CD you have off the bat, with your normal 5p buffed rip and rake.

3. What was your reasoning behind not using DoC? I know some people like the utility of HoTW or NV but from a DPS standpoint once you master DoC and buff stacking, its hard to beat.

4. Here is the biggest one I think a lot of people have trouble with including myself from time to time. Buff stacking. Its always nice to have good dot uptimes, but if those dots aren't being applied with some sort of dmg buff (ie: DoC, TF, SR, Trinket Procs, Enchant Procs, etc) then you are going to lose a ton of damage. Your avg tick and crit numbers are almost half of the log I linked.

I think you get the gist of feral now you just gotta fine tune it to really squeeze the numbers out. It can be a finicky spec and a little rng at times with procs lining up, but once you figure it out the damage output can be rather nice. I think we all have things to work on and this forum has helped me a ton to fine tune my own play.

Good Luck
-Never

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Thx a ton for use some time to answer !