What addons do you use for proper snap shoting?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Aerothane

What addons do you use for proper snap shoting?

Post by Aerothane » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 pm

I use droodfocus but it feels out of date just wondering what else is out there I looked at Badkitty but it doesn't seem better. Is there anything better out there? Thanks

Zstriker
Honored

Re: What addons do you use for proper snap shoting?

Post by Zstriker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:26 am

those are not for snapshotting, it's just dot timers
affdots+affdots for feral module
or weak auras with special string, should be here or on mmo-champ druid forum, use forum search button

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 am

DroodFocus does have snapshotting support by default, it's just minimal. I've been told you can configure it to show the ratios in text but I don't know if that's true.

Personally I use this WeakAura & Ovale. Having 2 addons tracking it is nice since it's easier to see when something might be funny, although I probably wouldn't recommend it to most people.
ImageImage

Alpheus
Revered

Post by Alpheus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:24 am

aggixx wrote:DroodFocus does have snapshotting support by default, it's just minimal. I've been told you can configure it to show the ratios in text but I don't know if that's true.

Personally I use this WeakAura & Ovale. Having 2 addons tracking it is nice since it's easier to see when something might be funny, although I probably wouldn't recommend it to most people.
It's possible to configure snapshot power by going to Icons -> Dot Power -> show text (or something like that, would need to check in-game to be sure). One of the pitfalls though is that this text has a bounding box matching the icon's size, so if you have a non-standard or large non-fixedwidth font you might end up seeing a lot of '...' instead of 189% whenever the text is too long. Your best bet would be to use the WA still.

Aerothane

Post by Aerothane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:19 pm

So I'm new to weakauras but I downloaded and imported the link for dot snap shoting but can someone explain it and how how I can configurate it please, and thanks.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 am

There isn't anything to configure other than visuals. You can change the font, size, color, and position of each element but that's kind of it.

Basically the number it shows is the percentage of damage that one tick of a 5 CP Rip applied with your current buffs would do compared to the current Rip on the target (ex: 121 means a new rip would tick 21% harder). There's a text element for each of Rip Rake and Thrash, you'll need to either memorize which is which or label them somehow. As far as how to use, you can safely reapply a Rip anytime its text says 115 or more (assuming the target isn't about to die immediately, of course). Rake you can be a bit more liberal with since it hits pretty hard so anytime it's > 100 is good. The thrash timer is mostly useless on a single target but is good for AoE, generally there isn't a specific threshold for clipping Thrash, you just need to make a gut call.
ImageImage

Aerothane

Post by Aerothane » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Ok thanks!

Mulum

Post by Mulum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

I have been using the Druidfocus for tracking my DoT's powers for a long time and it's not really hard to set them up

here u can take a closer look to how it looks like

http://www.twitch.tv/raminkhlp/c/4139445