WoD Beta General Discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Kraineth
Revered

WoD Beta General Discussion

Post by Kraineth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:14 am

Throwing out a few things I've found while Alpha testing recently:

-New Thrash animation (I'll have a video up of it soon, it looks pretty nice)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXnDVDp2vQ

-Swipe now gives 2cp's on crits

-Moonfire gives 2cp's on crits

-Savage roar lasts 54 when granted from the savage roar glyph via Rake

-Savage roar also seems to benefit from the new 130% duration pandemic mechanic, using a new SR when under 42 seconds grants a 54 second duration SR, a 5cp SR used anywhere below 12 seconds left does not waste any SR duration.

-The stun from rake while stealth is called "Rake" probably not a good idea, could mess with WeakAuras

-The pounce animation has been added to the Rake stun from stealth in the recent build.

-Predatory swiftness now lasts 12 seconds(lasts 8 seconds on live)

-Incarnation grants the free savage roar when an ability is used, though it's interaction is a bit strange, it only grants another free SR when the current one is under 42 seconds
Last edited by Kraineth on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Re: Alpha Testing

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 am

I'll just post this here instead.
  • Savage roar is not snapshot by bleeds.
  • Predatory Swiftness now lasts 12 seconds.
  • First attack from prowl with Glyph of Savage Roar is indeed buffed by the savage roar.
  • Probably a bug, but we still have innervate (self-only and has a cast time but can be cast while moving).
  • Glyph of Savage roar currently gives a 54-second savage roar, and only works with rake (not shred). Both of those could be bugs.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:34 am

Stenhaldi wrote:I'll just post this here instead.

[*]Glyph of Savage roar currently gives a 54-second savage roar, and only works with rake (not shred). Both of those could be bugs.[/list]
Not working with shred is probably a bug, I think the 54 second duration is intended since it benefits from the pandemic mechanic just like our bleeds do.
Stenhaldi wrote:
  • Savage roar is not snapshot by bleeds.
To add to this, I don't think they snapshot TF right now either, probably both bugs
Last edited by Kraineth on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 am

It's applying it at 54 seconds even when it's not already up, though.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:42 am

Stenhaldi wrote:It's applying it at 54 seconds even when it's not already up, though.
Probably just to give us the max duration, could probably be changed to actually use 5cps like the glyph says, but probably a minor issue. I didn't expect SR to benefit from pandemic at all to be honest

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:55 am

Raid took to long, and down load too slow.

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:48 am

• Rake from stealth with glyph of savage roar consumes all your combo points. (This isn't related to 54 second savage roar though -- that still happens with no combo points.)

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:35 am

Looks like Pandemic benefitting SR is intended, and SR may or may not snapshot, still deciding

From Bnet Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#22
1. Are personal buffs like Savage Roar/Slice and Dice meant to benefit from the pandemic mechanic as well? HoTs are working that way too.

Celestalon: Yes.

2. Are SR and Tiger's Fury going to snapshot? Currently they do not. Completely reverses the old idea of always having SR up before Rip, now Rip up before SR.

Celestalon: TF should already snapshot (bug if not). We're still considering SR.
I would like to see SR snapshot instead of updating Dynamically. SR has been priority #1 for a very long time

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 am

Shifting out of cat form causes all active bleeds to lose a) the mastery benefit and b) the savage roar benefit.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 am

Ya SR not snapshotting seems unfun to me. Kinda takes the Risk vs Reward that defines Feral away.

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:31 pm

All those painful SR cata memories are coming back.
ImageImage

baver
Honored

Post by baver » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:19 pm

How good is the dps in bearform with hotw compare to normal bears?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Way to soon to tell. The alpha is to test mechanics. DPS passes will come later.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Shifting out of cat form causes all active bleeds to lose a) the mastery benefit and b) the savage roar benefit.
Please tell me, you are joking..

hullaballoonatic

Post by hullaballoonatic » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Hwarra wrote:
Stenhaldi wrote:Shifting out of cat form causes all active bleeds to lose a) the mastery benefit and b) the savage roar benefit.
Please tell me, you are joking..
It would be possible to alleviate this with a stat floor snapshotting type mechanic, where dot damage updates dynamically but not below your base unbuffed cat form stats. I doubt Blizzard is going to do this, however. Either way, it's not a good idea to punish feral even more for being out of cat form.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 pm

It's a bug. Please stop freaking out. This is VERY EARLY ALPHA. There are and will be lots of bugs. Don't worry about what isn't working yet. Use this thread to ask questions about things you don't know about yet.

hullaballoonatic

Post by hullaballoonatic » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Is that really a bug, though? Do you maintain the same secondary stats out of cat form that you have in cat form? You lose a substantial amount of agility if nothing else. This would dynamically alter the damage of your bleeds, would it not?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Pretty sure it's a bug due to the new dynamic dot updates. Ferals are "the special snowflakes" because we are the only class who's stats change based on form. So when they rolled out the fix we are the only ones going to be hit by it, until they fix it. It's a bug.

EDIT: To expand on this because our bleeds snapshotted in the past shifting out of form would not affect them. Now that they can change it would be silly to lose bleed damage so we can brez someone. I doubt their goal is to punish us more for being out of form.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:22 pm

I guess Boomkins might be hit by this too. Stenhaldi are you going to post this up in the alpha forums (I saw your tweet).

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:47 pm

I likely will at some point, but if anyone would like to do so sooner feel free.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:36 pm

And as expected:
A couple builds from now... Mastery will work regardless of form. Agi->AP already works regardless of form. Savage Roar will be snapshot on bleeds. Leader of the Pack will still be lost in caster form.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=3#43

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 am

Notable changes in latest build:
  • We lost barkskin and might of ursoc.
  • We lost moonfire. (Lunar inspiration is currently worthless.)
  • We lost hurricane.
  • We lost lacerate and maul.
  • We lost entangling roots, hibernate, and nature's grasp.
  • We lost innervate (as expected).
  • Our crit rating is now scaled by 1.05: Critical Strike Attunement. (All specs have one such attunement.)
  • Aquatic and flight forms were merged into travel form. (Doesn't seem to be working properly yet: shifts from stag to sea lion automatically on entering water, but the reverse doesn't happen and I can't figure out how to get to bird form at all.)
  • Leader of the Pack no longer restores mana. Passive mana regeneration is increased to 4% per 5 seconds. (The net effect between these two changes is that mana regeneration is reduced from 1.3%-1.4% per second to 0.8% per second.)
  • Ferocious bite's crit chance is doubled against bleeding targets (instead of the present +25% crit chance effect).
  • Shred's crit chance in stealth is doubled (instead of the old +50% crit chance effect; also no longer requires target health >80%).
edit: add maul, hibernate, and nature's grasp
Last edited by Stenhaldi on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

raffy
Exalted

Post by raffy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:35 am

The Barkskin and MoU change scared the crap out of me today. I thought I was having a migraine and couldn't read the spellbook icons -- I must of paged through the spell book like five times. Then finally tried to /cast and :( I wonder if this is intentional.

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:33 am

I can see Barkskin being deliberate now we have 2 SI charges. I know they said it was to compensate for Symbiosis but it may have been further cutbacks.
The secondary stat bonuses are a more interesting find for me. Seeing them initially on DKs in the notes made me think it would be a buff to your main secondary stat...then I saw we got crit. Is this a statement about our new stat prioriy (DD being a larger %, in conjunction with crit doubling for FB) or is that me reading too much into it?

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by AsgardFM on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.