Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Cetlysm
Honored

Re: Alpha Testing

Post by Cetlysm » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 am

Oh wow
Come the fuck on.
Hopefully they change their minds later on.
I can already see the eye shredding model swap done in 1 frame, at least add some sort of animation like the worgen racial, would look decent as long as it doesn't pause or mess with gameplay/movement.
ImageImage

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 am

Man I need to go out of town more often. As soon as I am out good things seem to happen. Now if only they can fix some of our bugs we can get some testing done.

Cantor (Shredable)
Honored

Post by Cantor (Shredable) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 am

Now this is exciting - I suggested exactly this glyph/savagery change in the beta a week ago and am very happy that it's made it in. CoS looks like a pvp talent primarily, but I can see uses for it in PvE too (Challenge modes for example). Plus it gets the awesome Saberon model which I just love - I wonder if they'll do anything with showing off armour in that form? I find it unlikely, but the mobs are definitely wearing armour in Spires of Arrak, so maybe...?

Edit: thanks to aggix for the well-rounded feedback post on the US boards of course.
Last edited by Cantor (Shredable) on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearpelt
Honored

Post by bearpelt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:22 am

Saberon models are based on the Worgen skeleton, which cuts out a lot of problems for the armor fitting already. Even though Celestalon says there will be new animations, I think it's very possible that CoS will reflect our character armor.

If CoS form doesn't, then they might be going for a more primal look. I don't mind either.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:10 am

Im so excited for the new form. I really really really really really REALLY hope that the apperiance can be glyphed to permanent :o , so if we choose BT or LI for max. DPS we are still good looking. This is the most single reason for buying WoD (already have).

Edit:New Form confirmed :P

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRr94ssnQo

This guy will be excited about the new talent.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:33 am

Btw is this just a subtalent, which only applies to Feral or is it a global talent, meaning applies for Moonkin/Balance/Bear too?

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:35 am

Druid specs now have unique talents that depend on their current spec, so this Catman form talent will be a Feral only talent.

http://i.imgur.com/aEhQik1.jpg - Ferals reaction to the changes announced today. Also my new avatar.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 am

Im sorry if i spam this forum, but something like this would be nice.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 am

So, about this news CoS talent. I guess its not that bad, huh? I mean, casting Rebirth without necessity of losing your Pred. Swift. proc (if you play with DoC and DoC-like talent in WoD) actually sounds cool.
Can't wait to test it out tomorrow!

Cerise

Post by Cerise » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:25 am

Pawkets (and everyone else who posted in that topic), thank you so much for getting rid of that dread awful Savage Roar talent. <3

In before Bears everywhere starting a shitstorm about wanting their own version of Claws. (Which, to be fair, would be totally justified.)

Dagzter

Post by Dagzter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 am

I'm certainly relieved that Savagery has gone the way of the dodo; however, would it be really ungrateful to say that I have grave reservations about the 'Saberon' model, particularly in relation to combat and movement animation? :oops:

Will have to wait and see, of course - and the talent itself obviously has a lot of interesting potential.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 am

To think of it, I would like to ask some questions to you guys, since you are much more advanced Ferals than I am.
1) Is new Savagery glyph worth it? I mean, 5% of bonus damage loss. We already lost some abilities, so I dont think pressing SR button from time to time is gonna hurt us that much. Considering the fact that
2) With new Savagery gluph, will old one remain?
3) Tier 90 talents. I guess NV is the only viable option for us? Loss of bonus % stats from HotW and giving DoC mechanics to BT in tier 100 kinda doesn't leave us much of a choice, right?
4) Will new Saberon model form wear armor, or we are gonna be naked? ^^ Considering Celestalon post that we are gonna attack with claws.. it sounds like we are gonna be naked :c.
5) If not going with BT talent, and with CoS one, how much dmg loss it can cost? Lets assume that all of us can perfectly use BT mechanics (f.e I don't like DoC, I always keep forgetting to use its proc, no matter how big and noisy reminders are, I am not that multifunctional person after all..)

Bring back Beta servers already D:

Dagzter

Post by Dagzter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:05 am

With regards to your (4) I believe Celestalon suggested that there would be no armour on the Saberon model, as they are considered 'too feral': https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 4373117953

So effectively, naked and attacking with claws is what we can realistically expect given current information, which is of course subject to change.

As to (2) I don't think we have anything yet that suggests that SR, as it currently stands, would change in WoD - numbers parsing and balancing excluded ofc.
Last edited by Dagzter on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynxx
Honored

Post by Lynxx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 am

Obviously time and a damage pass will tell us more, but as pumped as I am about CoS, I def don't see it being a mainstream pve talent and I'm ok with that! Yay for buying extra tomes just to run around the horde city as a Saberon! Thank goodness for the savagery glyph! More good news! I could see CoS pairing very nicely with HotW in certain situations, but that being said, Blizz has openly stated that heals are the ones to handle the healing and raid cooldowns. That tends to confuse me a bit when they add versatility and talents and perks that allow us to focus around off healing and even bear'ing it all in a pinch. Ha, yeah it's too early and I'm just off a night shift I'll stop since the puns are starting. =P

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:50 am

raffy wrote:As I stated earlier, I think it's a mistake to think of the talent as the "noob" choice, but I definitely see how starting from this talent (without prior Feral experience) both promotes poor play and makes the other talents very unconformable and frustrating.

From a completely different perspective: the combo-point change and the SR glyph (once all the bugs are fixed) make SR management far less punishing. It's possible that this talent was designed with pre-WoD expectations and is junk purely because it solves a problem we no longer experience.

Is the complexity gap between the other L100 talents the primary issue?
Can Savagery be modified or does it need to be scrapped entirely?
Does anyone have a recommendation for a talent to replace Savagery?
Should there be a way to get nearly-passive SR (but maybe at a cost) via another mechanic?

Edit: incoming crazy ideas :p

1. Ceaseless Carnage In the same spirit as Savagery, all Bleed (and SR) durations could increase additively? So you could 5pt SR twice and have a longer uptime, or Rake 50 times and it will last for 10+ minutes. Maybe it should just apply to finishers.

2. Primal Vigor Reduce Berserk cooldown to 90sec or give Berserk an extra charge.

3. Insatiable Bite Replaces Ferocious bite. Your autoattacks cause a small stacking bleed on your target that are immediately consumed as instant bleed damage when you Insatiable Bite. Or maybe bleed ticks could cause a debuff (and no stacking DoT.) Or maybe no bleed/debuff, and make it consume 1 tick of Rip and/or Rake instantly.

4. Ravage 2 charges, requires Cat form, no energy cost, 20sec? recharge. Make it bleed damage so it scales with Mastery. This would force another bind like MF for LI and HT for BT. Maybe there could be a proc to generate charges (but with a longer recharge time.)

I don't think it should be a talent but I think Feral needs more on demand burst and better 3 target DPS. For example Feral damage on Embodied Doubts seems really low and I haven't seen any changes in WoD that will help much.

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:39 am

You know the Saberon just made the title The Crazy Cat ____ that much better for kitties I think.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Minibubble wrote:Im sorry if i spam this forum, but something like this would be nice.
That's totally awesome. And relevant.
Hwarra wrote:To think of it, I would like to ask some questions to you guys, since you are much more advanced Ferals than I am.
1) Is new Savagery glyph worth it? I mean, 5% of bonus damage loss. We already lost some abilities, so I dont think pressing SR button from time to time is gonna hurt us that much. Considering the fact that
2) With new Savagery gluph, will old one remain?
3) Tier 90 talents. I guess NV is the only viable option for us? Loss of bonus % stats from HotW and giving DoC mechanics to BT in tier 100 kinda doesn't leave us much of a choice, right?
4) Will new Saberon model form wear armor, or we are gonna be naked? ^^ Considering Celestalon post that we are gonna attack with claws.. it sounds like we are gonna be naked :c.
5) If not going with BT talent, and with CoS one, how much dmg loss it can cost? Lets assume that all of us can perfectly use BT mechanics (f.e I don't like DoC, I always keep forgetting to use its proc, no matter how big and noisy reminders are, I am not that multifunctional person after all..)

Bring back Beta servers already D:
1) They'll make it worth it. Any situation where you spend a LOT of time not attacking it will probably be the go-to (PvP and Questing can fall into this category).
2) Yes. Probably how it will work out is that most ferals will (or at least they should) have one of the two savage roar glyphs depending on their preference, similar to the Cat Form / Ninth Life glyphs.
3) On paper you can get a tiny tiny amount of free damage out of NV, but the other talents are good too. DoC is actually really useful even in a raid environment.
4) I think naked but we shall see.
5) We don't know yet, but expect in the neighborhood of 1-2%?
ImageImage

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:21 pm

aggixx wrote: Edit: As far as what spells Shirvallah lets you use, because its hard to think of them all, especially with all the pruning:
Healing Touch
Mark of the Wild
Rebirth
Remove Corruption
Entangling Roots
Cyclone
What about Soothe? It hasn't been pruned and actually is something that would be useful in raids, especially in a smaller raid group where you might not have a hunter/rogue. And ours would be "free" where as rogues have to pay the energy cost for shiv and hunters have a focus cost or are required to glyph which adds a cooldown.

Also Revive and Teleport: Moonglade, but those are only out of combat so not really a big thing. I'd assume items probably aren't included (though we can always wish).

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Good point, its easy to forget that spell even exists. I actually used it in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, though.
ImageImage

baver
Honored

Post by baver » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 pm

anyone with us account or twitter that could ask if ferals will be able to cast moonfire in catform without the level 100talant? ofc it should do crapdamage like it does on live, but just have somting to masspull with would be great

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm

baver wrote:anyone with us account or twitter that could ask if ferals will be able to cast moonfire in catform without the level 100talant? ofc it should do crapdamage like it does on live, but just have somting to masspull with would be great
It specifically says non-damaging spells (if you're talking about the new talent).

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 pm

You still have caster form Moonfire as feral. You can't cast it in Cat Form or CoS form, obviously, but you still have it.
ImageImage

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Just an update on the new forms:

Here they are.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Not super crazy about it. I would've very much preferred just having some cool animations on the druid instead of having a model that uses the exact same animations as a worgen.

Have to wait and see how it looks in-game though, because the texture quality on the model viewer looks kinda meh.

Edit: Btw I renamed the topic to something more suitable.
ImageImage