WoD Beta General Discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Polihayse
Revered

Re: WoD Beta General Discussion

Post by Polihayse » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Does anyone know if the /mountspecial animation that is done when you cast savage roar, enter cat form with savage roar, cast tiger's fury and berserk is intended?

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:56 pm

aggixx wrote:WoD mechanics will become active in 6.0, but I think you have a misunderstanding of what the snapshotting change means. Things like the rake perk still snapshot because by they have to in order to work: it increases all damage of the rake by 100%, not just the direct damage. BitW still maintains snapshots and while its a nice bonus its not overly strong.
I ment it as having the 100% increase rake dmg while having roro snapshot your bleeds would produce some fun numbers ;)
Minibubble wrote:Did someone of you join the raid event on Beta? If so what was your impression? Didnt find any good feedback about it. How is healing? Do selfheal i.e. HT, Yasera have more impact on overall healing? I hope so, i love the idea that we have blurry lines between the 3 rolls.
Had a quite a few attempts on gruul, I did use Ysera but it didn't really seem to be doing anything noticable. I also did some healing while using hotw and the healing is actually quite good, I was crit healing for alot higher than our resto druid for example.

I'm gonna run with NV on mondays raid test to see how it performs healing wise.

As far as dps goes it's less useful to talk about considering the balance ain't there yet, my dps was quite bad compared to most classes with savagery (can't really play with bloodtalons because of the bug with rake and the fact that I have 300 ms on beta).

If anyone has some stuff they want to be tested out I'd be more than happy to help seeing I'll be in most if not all raid tests. :ugeek:

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Meaningless wrote:I ment it as having the 100% increase rake dmg while having roro snapshot your bleeds would produce some fun numbers ;)
Ah okay. Yeah, it sure would :lol:
ImageImage

Alpheus
Revered

Post by Alpheus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Interesting thing about GoS is that it's no longer only a newbee-trap.

I think we shouldn't underestimate that it conserves about 10% haste worth of energy gives you a couple extra combo points to work with. While ferocious bite isn't spectacular DPE, on fights like Protectors in MoP it would allow you to get more rips off on multiple bosses.
It also lowers your ramp-up time which would make it favorable on fights similar to Siegecrafter and Galakras.
Throw in CoS when you're not consuming many combo points (ie. while AoEing hard) and it could be quite worth the effort (athough the exact advantage or lack there-of remains to be seen until after the "numbers pass" - whatever that means at this point).

On other hand, since it acts like a small energy boost it might fall off in efficiency in later tiers once we get a reasonable amount of haste, assuming haste will be worth going for.

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Alpheus wrote:Interesting thing about GoS is that it's no longer only a newbee-trap.

I think we shouldn't underestimate that it conserves about 10% haste worth of energy gives you a couple extra combo points to work with. While ferocious bite isn't spectacular DPE, on fights like Protectors in MoP it would allow you to get more rips off on multiple bosses.
It also lowers your ramp-up time which would make it favorable on fights similar to Siegecrafter and Galakras.
Throw in CoS when you're not consuming many combo points (ie. while AoEing hard) and it could be quite worth the effort (athough the exact advantage or lack there-of remains to be seen until after the "numbers pass" - whatever that means at this point).

On other hand, since it acts like a small energy boost it might fall off in efficiency in later tiers once we get a reasonable amount of haste, assuming haste will be worth going for.
I agree on the GoS part, it will definitely be used during leveling for example, and I do think GoS will be worth it if a boss requires alot of target swaps.

The only way I see CoS actually be "worth" it is if the fight requires intense dispels or soothe.

AsgardFM
Honored

Post by AsgardFM » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 pm

aggixx wrote:
Meaningless wrote:I ment it as having the 100% increase rake dmg while having roro snapshot your bleeds would produce some fun numbers ;)
Isn't that 100% Rake damage a perk from 90-100 levelling? Don't think you'll be able to gain it in 6.0.

Polihayse wrote:Does anyone know if the /mountspecial animation that is done when you cast savage roar, enter cat form with savage roar, cast tiger's fury and berserk is intended?
Er..the what now? Is that with CoS active or have I been missing something the entire time I've played a Feral?

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:46 pm

AsgardFM wrote:
aggixx wrote:
Isn't that 100% Rake damage a perk from 90-100 levelling? Don't think you'll be able to gain it in 6.0.
Yea silly me :(
AsgardFM wrote:
Polihayse wrote:Does anyone know if the /mountspecial animation that is done when you cast savage roar, enter cat form with savage roar, cast tiger's fury and berserk is intended?
Er..the what now? Is that with CoS active or have I been missing something the entire time I've played a Feral?
I also did notice the /mountspecial animation, looks really weird, I think you still auto attack during it though (?). The /mountspecial animation is basicly you roar every time you do one of those attacks.

Anjuk

Post by Anjuk » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm mixed on the new talent. I love the actual mechanic (because I'm enamored of every bit of hybrid-ness we have left), but I'm not thrilled at all with the model. Is there any prospect for staying in the cat form we all know and (mostly) love?

I'm a cat, not a .... whatever that is. With that model the whole talent is pretty much off the table for me aesthetically. /sad

edit: ... with one hilarious exception. Go to modelviewer > set animation to "EmoteFlex" :lol:

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Meaningless wrote:I agree on the GoS part, it will definitely be used during leveling for example, and I do think GoS will be worth it if a boss requires alot of target swaps.
Why would this help target swapping? Combo points stick to us not the target. It will be very easy to have 5 combo points and have Rip up on a new target immediately. SR doesn't really enter into that at all.

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Meaningless wrote:I agree on the GoS part, it will definitely be used during leveling for example, and I do think GoS will be worth it if a boss requires alot of target swaps.
Why would this help target swapping? Combo points stick to us not the target. It will be very easy to have 5 combo points and have Rip up on a new target immediately. SR doesn't really enter into that at all.
If you are stuck with alot of target swapping I can see it coming into effect considering the fact that you won't need to waste combo points on refreshing SR and can instead apply a rip on a new target. I would assume it's still gonna be a dps loss but at least it will be an option for new ferals.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 pm

I am not lucky enough to be in Beta ATM but was wondering, with the Savage Roar Glyph change, is it worth it to Glyph the Passive Roar, take the dmg loss and be able to FB more? Or does it look like we will be glyphing into other things and keep SR in our rotation?

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:11 pm

I LOVE the new talent. We'll get to look different for the first time in, well, ever! And for those who criticise the actual form: it doesn't last, after all. Oh, I like this so much. Good riddance Savagery :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Treeba

Post by Treeba » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Steakbomb wrote:I am not lucky enough to be in Beta ATM but was wondering, with the Savage Roar Glyph change, is it worth it to Glyph the Passive Roar, take the dmg loss and be able to FB more? Or does it look like we will be glyphing into other things and keep SR in our rotation?
It will almost certainly be better to keep SR in the rotation in almost every raiding situation. It's like the old inquisition glyph. Basically it's there to ease the rotation for newer players or the lesser skilled.

It will have its uses. It will be nice for dailies, pvp, leveling, etc.
Last edited by Treeba on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Treeba wrote:
Steakbomb wrote:I am not lucky enough to be in Beta ATM but was wondering, with the Savage Roar Glyph change, is it worth it to Glyph the Passive Roar, take the dmg loss and be able to FB more? Or does it look like we will be glyphing into other things and keep SR in our rotation?
It will almost certainly be better to keep SR in the rotation in almost every raiding situation. It's like the old inquisition glyph. Basically it's there to ease the rotation for newer players or the lesser skilled.

It will have it's uses. It will be nice for dailies, pvp, leveling, etc.
What if you go for CoS instead of BT? This kinda balances it (+5 % versality and -5% damage buff from SR), right?

Also, about this new Glyph of Savage Roar. When we use Rake/Shred while prowled, it gives us 5 CP SR. But will this rake/shred by amplified by this SR, or its like Rake/Shred appears first, then SR is up? :f

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 pm

The glyph of Savagery is the no SR glyph
The glyph of Savage Roar is the free SR from stealth. The Rake you use to open is buffed by the free SR you get.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Meaningless wrote:If you are stuck with alot of target swapping I can see it coming into effect considering the fact that you won't need to waste combo points on refreshing SR and can instead apply a rip on a new target. I would assume it's still gonna be a dps loss but at least it will be an option for new ferals.
For new Ferals it can be a decent stepping stone. It won't really do much for target swapping because it's not a waste of combo points to put up a very long SR.

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Hwarra wrote:
Treeba wrote:

It will have it's uses. It will be nice for dailies, pvp, leveling, etc.
What if you go for CoS instead of BT? This kinda balances it (+5 % versality and -5% damage buff from SR), right?
If you really don't like BT you could still go CoS without the SR glyph and not lose anything (apart from the difference between BT and CoS). I'm fairly sure the glyph is gonna be a dps loss in all situations, at least I hope so :mrgreen:
They didn't change the current Savage roar glyph, Glyph of Savage Roar = 5 cp in stealth, Glyph of Savagery = passive SR, I can't really see the savagery glyph being a dps increase in any situation :geek:
Glyphs I'm using atm is Savage roar, Cat form, and a free 3rd one, currently sittting with glyph of FB ;)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Master Shapeshifter is nice for abusing the fact that Bear Thrash does silly, silly damage. That will get fixed, though.
ImageImage

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 am

aggixx wrote:Master Shapeshifter is nice for abusing the fact that Bear Thrash does silly, silly damage. That will get fixed, though.
Honestly, I kinda hope they don't nerf its damage vs some other solution (say it removes all other bleeds or something). I kinda like having bear form as something other than to turtle around in.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 am

They have to nearf the damage, or they will make Mastery affecting the Bear Thrash bleed the exception instead of the rule. Changing into bear for 1 ability is just awkward.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:16 am

Anjuk wrote:Is there any prospect for staying in the cat form we all know and (mostly) love?
Knowing Blizzard we might be able to glyph that form and shapeshift into something else, but the whole point of the talent is "Cat/Human hybrid form".
Tinderhoof wrote:They have to nearf the damage, or they will make Mastery affecting the Bear Thrash bleed the exception instead of the rule. Changing into bear for 1 ability is just awkward.
I agree. But didn't Cele already confirm that Bear Thrash is deffo going away as a damage increase for cats?

Vularo

Post by Vularo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:34 am

Some questions: does incarnation stealth rake- shredd has the 100hit chance and cant be parried/ dodged like pounce/ ravage?
Are we still the only meele class with no instant range cc?
Disorienting roar still breaks on bleeds.it should only break on direct hits like dragons breath? Would make more sense.

P.s: typing from phone because im sick :(

EDIT: does friendly charge in saberform work? Should... halfman/ half cat.

Monopedia

Post by Monopedia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 am

Amitty wrote:Anjuk wrote:
Is there any prospect for staying in the cat form we all know and (mostly) love?

Knowing Blizzard we might be able to glyph that form and shapeshift into something else, but the whole point of the talent is "Cat/Human hybrid form".
They should at least add a glyph that allows you to keep the standard Cat Form when you have the CoS talent. IT is quite clear a fair number of people dislike the model/animations of it - I actually don't mind it at all - though I do think Worgen should just be able to use their Wolf Form.
Amitty wrote:Tinderhoof wrote:
They have to nearf the damage, or they will make Mastery affecting the Bear Thrash bleed the exception instead of the rule. Changing into bear for 1 ability is just awkward.

I agree. But didn't Cele already confirm that Bear Thrash is deffo going away as a damage increase for cats?
Yes, I remember him saying that if it becomes THE thing to do it will be tuned to not be optimal.

On to the weapon enchants, I'm going to assume Mark of the Shattered Hand will not be affected by our mastery, but has this been confirmed?
Mark of the Shattered Hand
Deals 1500 Bleed damage, plus an additional 750 Bleed damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.
3.5*Haste RPPM +USP

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 am

if that is the weapon enchant then yes it was confirmed to not be effected by our mastery :/

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:25 am

After some testing it appears that the ONLY spell that actually snapshots now is bloodtalons, everything else updates dynamicly, is this intentional or a bug? I thought that at least Tiger's fury and Savage Roar would snapshot aswell.. :?
Last edited by Meaningless on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.