Beta...

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

adianar
Honored

Beta...

Post by adianar » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Anyone know about or can confirm when some basic addons will be available? I will download the beta later today, but I'm not independently crafty enough to succeed without some of them sadly. Appreciate the heads up...

Adi

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Beta...

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Addons aren't usually enabled until very late in the beta process. This is to ensure that no addon's cause "unforeseen issues" with the UI, and the default UI gets fully tested. It will be a few months before they start letting the addon authors start updating their addon's.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Did we get any more Beta testers signed up today? Sound off if you are in.

raffy
Exalted

Post by raffy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:04 pm

There are some techniques to get basic addon support: But as Tinderhoof said, any feedback/errors you encounter with custom code loaded isn't very helpful to the developers.

Satrion

Post by Satrion » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:47 am

I got an invite. Unfortunately I also have the bug where I can port over any character I want except my main so I have to slum it with a pre-made. =/

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 am

I don't have an invite yet but then they did say it was only the very first wave. I was one of the first to get into the Mists Beta, so I'm telling myself to be patient...
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Asashdor

Post by Asashdor » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:53 am

I've also got an invite - if you need help with testing anything or just to get some combat logs I'd be glad to help.
Unfortunately I only have access to premade chars since we can't copy over chars from EU servers, so no "old" items. On the other hand I can provide logs and test things on an english and german client if needed.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah, default UI is almost the worst possible layout for important info during combat, Buffs top right, Debuffs top left, Ability Cooldowns bottom and then you in the center so that's 4 places you have to keep track of, lol.

Anyhow, I also got into beta.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 pm

You can move your faceplate and your targets face plate so it isn't as bad as it used to be. But ya having to look up for SR is lame.

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:10 am

Got an invite on Thursday. So far it's ok if you don't mind the constant phasing, lag and disconnects. Doing a quest and get dc'd? Log in back at your garrison if that's where you bound your hearthstone. If not then back to where your hs was before and yay for the trip back to shadowmoon or w/e.

Edit: /agree on having to look up for SR.

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 am

Yeah, I don't have much desire to actually play the game until addons are enabled. I just log on to test things.

adianar
Honored

Post by adianar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I've played for many years, but only this time have I ever gotten into the beta, so I'm pretty green.

Our guild on Aerie Peak has a strong tank, 2 strong healers and a couple strong dps with invites currently, so I'd open up a general invite to any kitties who want to come and show me up! We'd be glad to have you or run down things a pretty non-techie kitty can track down.

Adianar#1546 is my battletag... just reference this site if I don't know you. I deny most friend requests I don't know where they came from...

THanks!

Adi

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:You can move your faceplate and your targets face plate so it isn't as bad as it used to be. But ya having to look up for SR is lame.
Thanks, been so long since I used the default UI I didn't even know about this. Yeah, that makes it quite a bit easier. Wonder if a simple addon could be written just to track sr/tf/berserk using the link raffy gave...

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Does anyone have any video of some cat playstyle on beta?
Not looking for anything specific, just a cat biting and scratching on a dummy or boss.
ImageImage

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:01 am

Cetlysm wrote:Does anyone have any video of some cat playstyle on beta?
Not looking for anything specific, just a cat biting and scratching on a dummy or boss.
It is effectively the same. I haven't bothered sitting on the dummies much just because OoC is bugged and is not consumed, meaning you basically have infinite energy since it just keeps re-proccing on dummies.

When they fix OoC i'll throw up a video

Asashdor

Post by Asashdor » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:04 am

ShmooDude wrote:Wonder if a simple addon could be written just to track sr/tf/berserk using the link raffy gave...
Tried to get something to work with those linked macros but apparently Blizzard is aware of that and /dump is disabled for players which means there's absolutely no way to run any custom lua code until we find a way to trick the client into thinking you're a GM (which would definitely be against the ToS, so... no thanks).

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 am

Asashdor wrote: Tried to get something to work with those linked macros but apparently Blizzard is aware of that and /dump is disabled for players which means there's absolutely no way to run any custom lua code until we find a way to trick the client into thinking you're a GM (which would definitely be against the ToS, so... no thanks).
Maybe I'm missing something but why do you need to use dump? Can't you just change the first line to /run?
ImageImage

Asashdor

Post by Asashdor » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 am

/run (and /script which is essentially the same) are currently disabled. If you try to do anything with those commands you just get the error message "Scripts are currently not allowed.". The first macro/line just abuses /dump to overwrite the internal functions RunScript() and loadstring() so you can get around Blizzard's deactivation of /run and /script.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 am

Ah okay, gotcha.
ImageImage

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Kraineth wrote:
Cetlysm wrote:Does anyone have any video of some cat playstyle on beta?
It is effectively the same. I haven't bothered sitting on the dummies much just because OoC is bugged and is not consumed, meaning you basically have infinite energy since it just keeps re-proccing on dummies.

When they fix OoC i'll throw up a video
I would also love to see 2 target bleed cleave pls.
When OoC is fixed.
ImageImage

Alpheus
Revered

Post by Alpheus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:56 pm

I've got mine today as well.

Treeba

Post by Treeba » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:12 pm

They still hate me :(

Annalese

Post by Annalese » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 pm

I got mine with the first wave of Beta invites - Annapm on Echo Isles and Mekkatorque. I was unable to copy my main druid over, so I made a L90 template.

Elfreako

Post by Elfreako » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am

Hey guy's I have recently received beta. I also have links of addons that are working currently in beta for easy access. If it's okay with tinderhoof and the rest of you guys I'll post them in this thread. Also has anyone tried stacking multistrike via the new enchants. I did it this weekend and started rapping shit.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:01 pm

By all means post em here. If the message doesn't post right away just give me a few to approve it (don't multi post).