Seeking opinions and advice

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Maengorn

Seeking opinions and advice

Post by Maengorn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm looking for some advice or opinions. I know everyone has different play styles, Any advice on pushing higher numbers or changing my play style to do better. Here is my armory and my last WoL.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yhh22yhud7pyvlmx/

Cetlysm
Honored

Re: Seeking opinions and advice

Post by Cetlysm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:05 am

I used shamans as the tank spank fight, thrash uptime maybe too high, need more rip and rake, wasted a bunch of PS procs.
Could have used like 2-3 more Tiger fury I think.
The last berserk is completely out of sync with the AoC proc, but that's not entirely your fault.

Sort of the same deal on Sha, I also wouldn't use shattering blow, there is no way in hell is a dps gain on 10 man, even on 25 man you need a lot of physical classes to make it worth the cast, even if you do it on pull, you will probably waste 1 valuable second of SR or even trinkets.

All your kills are pretty long, I would normally tell you to get haromm plus TED both heroic, should beat normal rune and AoC combo,
Or Harom/TeD + Rune, BUT since you're still progressing, AoC should be the best for you for now.

On protectors, I would give priority to rip over thrash just to keep the damage controlled, but still even if you give priority to thrash, your rip uptime should be way higher, in the 80%s IMO.
On juggernaut, unless your guild forces you to go to the back, a feral druid with your ilvl should be able to keep himself alive with HT, SI, BS and Dispersion, if you are willing to take the risk.

Also full agility for you should win by far with your ilvl and that rune version, at least in practice.
ImageImage

Maengorn

Post by Maengorn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:52 am

Cetlysm wrote:I used shamans as the tank spank fight, thrash uptime maybe too high, need more rip and rake, wasted a bunch of PS procs.
Could have used like 2-3 more Tiger fury I think.
The last berserk is completely out of sync with the AoC proc, but that's not entirely your fault.

Sort of the same deal on Sha, I also wouldn't use shattering blow, there is no way in hell is a dps gain on 10 man, even on 25 man you need a lot of physical classes to make it worth the cast, even if you do it on pull, you will probably waste 1 valuable second of SR or even trinkets.

All your kills are pretty long, I would normally tell you to get haromm plus TED both heroic, should beat normal rune and AoC combo,
Or Harom/TeD + Rune, BUT since you're still progressing, AoC should be the best for you for now.

On protectors, I would give priority to rip over thrash just to keep the damage controlled, but still even if you give priority to thrash, your rip uptime should be way higher, in the 80%s IMO.
On juggernaut, unless your guild forces you to go to the back, a feral druid with your ilvl should be able to keep himself alive with HT, SI, BS and Dispersion, if you are willing to take the risk.

Also full agility for you should win by far with your ilvl and that rune version, at least in practice.
On shamans my guild uses the three tank method where we bring Earthbreaker Haromm to the back of the room up the hill by the gate and Wavebinder Kardris stays up front. I find myself having to move away from the boss quite often when foul stream comes out or having to maneuver around the tombs and ashen walls so i tend to thrash when im out of melee range just so im not doing nothing. I've tried standing on the side of the boss but my healers move around and i always end up getting hot by foul stream.

On Sha I decided to use shattering blow because there was no shaman in the group and i usually put it on them for ghost wolf. What else would you have chosen for that fight with the classes I had available? I guess maybe the warlock?

I'm trying to get my hands on either a heroic Harrom's or a heroic rune. I don't have a heroic TED yet either.

Yea I do need to work on my Rip up-times on that one. I always seem to fall behind in damage on that fight against the mage and warlock in my group.

I have noticed that I can stay alive by myself pretty well on juggernaut but I've never tried staying on the other side of the room to dps the boss. This sounds interesting and I'm going to try it next week.

The yellow gems Sim higher in Catus than the red ones, only by a little bit though. I could try switching back for next week and see how it goes.

Oneye

Post by Oneye » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Maengorn wrote:On shamans my guild uses the three tank method where we bring Earthbreaker Haromm to the back of the room up the hill by the gate and Wavebinder Kardris stays up front. I find myself having to move away from the boss quite often when foul stream comes out or having to maneuver around the tombs and ashen walls so i tend to thrash when im out of melee range just so im not doing nothing. I've tried standing on the side of the boss but my healers move around and i always end up getting hot by foul stream.
I've not done heroics as much as most people on here (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced), but I find with that strat that staying on Kardis at the bottom is a bazzillion times easier for me. You just have to watch out for slimes and Barkskin for the debuff and it's no problem.

Maengorn

Post by Maengorn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 am

Oneye wrote:
Maengorn wrote:On shamans my guild uses the three tank method where we bring Earthbreaker Haromm to the back of the room up the hill by the gate and Wavebinder Kardris stays up front. I find myself having to move away from the boss quite often when foul stream comes out or having to maneuver around the tombs and ashen walls so i tend to thrash when im out of melee range just so im not doing nothing. I've tried standing on the side of the boss but my healers move around and i always end up getting hot by foul stream.
I've not done heroics as much as most people on here (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced), but I find with that strat that staying on Kardis at the bottom is a bazzillion times easier for me. You just have to watch out for slimes and Barkskin for the debuff and it's no problem.
I haven't tried staying on the bottom before. My raid leader has always told me to go up-top for some reason.

adianar
Honored

Post by adianar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

If it matters Maengorn and Oneye, melee went up top on our 3 tank, 25 man strat in reg, but all dps stays down for our heroic 25 kills. Just food for thought.

Adi

strayed

Post by strayed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:08 am

For my guild, our 3 tank shamans on 10 man heroic. I'm also asked to go up, even though I much prefer the bottom. As the tank at the bottom does not need to move away for the slimes this way.

It is much safer to run away when Foul Stream happens. My tanks usually tank Earthbreaker at the corner and the healers stand close to where the siege machines are at, at the end of the hill. When Foul Stream happens, I run to the other corner and run back, charging when I'm in range and continue. I am kinda confused when you have to maneuver tombs and walls. The only time that the walls and tombs bother me is when we are moving down the hills for the walls. But tombs can be placed at the sides and a shift of position will keep you safe from the foul stream. If tanks or the mdps gets it, they move to the back of Earthbreaker. While if the healer gets it, I will move to the back of Earthbreaker. Thrashing while being away is fine but don't overwrite one if it is already on. You shouldn't be away for more than 10 seconds.

Just make sure to request some space to not get hit by the wall while you are moving to the back. Either that or work out a system with the healer/s (I have two and one healer/s going up before to heal),the one that is aimed will go one side, while the others will go the other side.

Hope this helps.

PS:(AoC helps with survival here. With the SI glyph and hc AoC, your survival instincts and barkskin should be available for each of your needs. Bar some bad RNG)