Kitty on Challenge Mode

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Minibubble
Honored

Kitty on Challenge Mode

Post by Minibubble » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Did you absove Challenge Modes? Do you have any tips? How should i reforge my Armor? Especially what are the weights for reforge. I do about 60-65k damage and it seems pretty low. I gathered a lot of armor that is suggested on this site here. Currently 16-17 gemslots.
On talents i skip DoC because its mostly useless. I go with HotW but i think NV could be better overall. Thyphoon and Fae Silience for kicking and silencing. Yseras Gift for group healing, and Macros for HT tank healing. Wild Charge is better for mobility i guess, because i can jump over obsticles, while the other talents arent usefull because i cant be infront of the whole group anyways. Mighty bash is good for interupting too. Im not sure on Lv 60 talents. Incarnation gives a nice boost but is single target and Bosses are really easy compared to trash. On the other hand SotF gives a lot of energy which is good for Trash/Swiping.

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Kitty on Challenge Mode

Post by aggixx » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:30 pm

The guide you linked seems like its got the right idea but this list is probably a bit more accurate. Realistically the difference is probably pretty small compared to how you actually play. For the most part I'd stick with SotF over Inc but there's some situations where you might find Inc useful. The rest of what you said is reasonable. For the most part your damage is going to depend a lot on your practice AoEing different number of targets in different circumstances (although not pulling aggro from the tank is often a concern too).
ImageImage

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:36 am

1. Get in group with Ele Shaman and Mage.
2. Get carried.
3. Cry about your DPS.
4. Collect Challenge mode gear.

imverykind

Post by imverykind » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 am

Amitty wrote:1. Get in group with Ele Shaman and Mage.
2. Get carried.
3. Cry about your DPS.
4. Collect Challenge mode gear.
I could do that. But then whats the point of playing this game?

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Talents: DB ( Just personal preference), Gift (I think...not sure if it was there or not, was a while ago), Typhoon, Soul, Bash, Heart
I rolled with Soul and Heart for emergency use only. Stack Agi and instead of using the Darkwood staff on that list I used the BOA Polearm (2 red sockets). Ideally you want to stack Agi and pick pieces that are Mastery with red sockets.

Set I ended up running with:

Head: 496 Island Helm (of the Windstorm) (1 socket)
Neck: Quadra-Head Brooch (1 socket)
Shoulder: Spaulder of Dmonicating Dreams (2 sockets)
Back: Legendary Cloak (1 socket)
Chest: Raiment of the Shattered Vale ( 3 sockets)
Bracers: Barcers of the Midnight Comet (2 sockets, with BS Socket) (Random Stat)
Hands: Grips of the Shattered Vale (3 sockets, with BS Socket)
Belt:Damron's Belt of Darkness (3 sockets)
Legs:Leggaurds of the Shattered Vale (2 sockets)
Boots: Quillen Hide Boots (2 sockets)
Ring 1:Kil'ruck's Band of Ascendancy (1 socket)
Ring 2: Ring of Restless Energy (1 socket)

Trinket 1: Visious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assult
Trinket 2: Renataki's Soul Charm

Weapon: Hellscream's Pig Sticker
Backup Trinkets: Relic of Xuen, Bottle of Infinite Stars (In case for some reason those trinkets didn't pull thier weight)

Total Sockets: 24

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:43 pm

I found incarnation/HotW to be the best if you do massive pulls.

HotW hurricane is great for aoeing big groups and it won't get you killed and incarnation is pretty good for bursting down dangerous mobs or bosses, and allows you to use stealth for clearing aggro or stunning.
ImageImage

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:05 pm

I believe that the Darkmoon fair trinket is actually better in CM's then Renataki's.

Rayen
Honored

Post by Rayen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I believe that the Darkmoon fair trinket is actually better in CM's then Renataki's.
This is very much true. Hence why I listed them. If you have issues getting Exp cap, then Ren's the way to go. If you don't, DMF all the way.

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Now i need only a group to do it. It seems there is a real dislike towards Feral Druids. Compared to others, we don't bring much for the group. Tried the last 2 months with Openraid, oQueue and Tradechat (our server is dead), only 1 Gold and 2 Silver, in 5 tries. The most annoying thing is 9/9 searches. I mean when i already have 9/9 why would i do it again? Sigh, i think i will buy 1month but thats max im willing to invest for only CM. Do you have tipps toward this?

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:55 pm

TBH if you don't have friends of guildies to do it with as feral, just go resto and afk through the 9/9 gold, it has to be the easiest spec to play right next to elementals in CMs and by far the best healer.
ImageImage

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Nah i think i will stop at this point. Left the guild and the game. See you in WoD.

Evabi

Post by Evabi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:01 pm

This... escalated quickly.

Aerothane

Post by Aerothane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:05 pm

So it depends on what you mean by "challenge modes." I've done realm best challenge modes on my server (which admittedly isn't crazy crazy just 5 minutes faster than gold depending typically.) So if your talking about realm best then yeah all of this optimization stuff is important. If your just shooting for gold honestly its very easy to do with little to no optimization. There are videos of people 3 manning gold challenge modes no joke.

Either way assuming no matter what your doing you want optimization here is the BiS list I used for realm best challenge modes.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1789/chall ... gear-druid

Talents are simple Heart of the Wild for 2 reasons. One it allows you to do a lot more with tranquility, and it you swap to a caster staff for example
http://www.wowdb.com/items/95795-suen-w ... alling-sun
it allows you to gem it with double intel with the legendary primatic socket, and reforge the mastery to haste and your hurricane/wrath damage will literally crush everyone in your group, on top of a intelligence potion.

Then I run Soul of the Forest which is also better than the other 2 on AoE. Then if you want more burst go with Force of Nature and pop it with trinket procs/Savage Roar/Tiger's Fury. I wouldn't run Incarnation though it just seems like all around it would be a dps lose, compared to Force of Nature however I am not Edgy or Tinderhoof so don't quote me on that.

I would show you my realm best video of scholomance but honestly my UI is so embarrassingly bad that I am ashamed to share its since be massively improved. Not to mention I wasn't even snap shooting correctly at the time.

As for a my advice on how to do this, just go to openraid and make your own event and get the player who have experience over those that don't within gold challenge modes. Making a group for gold challenge modes in my experience is very easy however I have a lot of connections on my server, still feral is very good in challenge modes. In my realm best group I had a elemental shaman and unholy death knight and on the first pull in scholomance with the 4 risen guards and the boss all together we were all dead even in damage literally like less than .3% between all of us. Feral is very competitive in challenge modes when played correctly, we aren't the simple little frost mage/elemental shamans hit the glowy button class in general, but we are just as competitive.

Alteredbeast
Honored

Post by Alteredbeast » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm starting CM's this week for the first time. Anyone play with NV? It looks like it would be really strong to me, damage on a short CD and you don't have to stop dps to help heal. Or is HOTW just clearly better in pretty much every dungeon?

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:32 am

If I was Boomkin I'd take NV. Hurricane as a feral is to useful because in a lot of cases in CM's its just not safe to be in melee range for an extended period and hurricane hotw is probably the single strongest aoe cooldown in CMs. ontop of that being able to tranq can save your entire group or be a requirement in some realm best situations.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am

I remember running doing CMs somewhere last tier with RoR. The first pull in Shado Pan Monestary thrash spamming? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Granted I'm not sure I would use RoR if going for good times because it's a lot less reliable than it is in higher level gear, but I'm just saying all it takes is a knowledge of your class and anyone can do well in CMs. It's been a common form of thought, sadly, that specific classes that might make something marginally easier should be brought at all costs. This happens with anything in the game, not just CMs. It sucks. It really does. But not much you can do except try to get out there as much as possible (even lead groups if you have to) and try to change perception by making a group of friends that are solid. Get them over that perception hump and you'll have friends that finally don't care about class and more about the player. It sounds like some Blizzard crap, but for most of the game it rings true. Except for WoD when everyone wants a mage for amp magic. :lol:

Minibubble
Honored

Post by Minibubble » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:37 am

Lol, forgot this tread. I finally did it. First started with my BrMonk and got 9/9. After that i was welcome in Challenge Modes as a Feral and Resto and did it 9/9 on it too. When i was preparing for CM's reading guides and stuff, they always point out how much you need certain Armors with more gemslots and how to maximize your DPS. Let me tell you this, its not true. You can go with almost any gear you want that is above 463. Admittedly trash mobs will stay a little bit longer but thats not the point.

The most important part of the game is crowd control. Gold time forces you to pull a lot of mobs together. If your team plays their abilities on cooldown you will not get the gold. Its important to understand what the mobs do and which cast that they are casting. As a Druid you have a lot of abilities to help your tank and healer. You have Skull Bash, Mighty Bash, Maim and if you are a Tauren, War Stomp. You will save the Healer alot of mana and reduce the incoming damage to the Tank. Track the cooldowns of your Interuptions, you have a lot of them. Farie Fire is another ability that will help to deal more damage, use it as much as you can.
For the CC part, Ursol's Vortex and Typhoon is really strong. For single target Whirlwind and Entangling Roots. Another strong ability is Symbiosis. On tank, they will get another small or big defensive cooldown. I cannot emphasize enough how useful this is. Also sometimes its better to use it on other members. The first that comes in mind are DPS Shamans. Solar Beam, a AoE silence on 1 Minute cooldown? Scarlet Monastery/Hall will hate you for this neat little trick. Pala Healers gets a BR. Just look what you need or can provide.

As i mentioned before if you play it on cooldown you will lose. Communication is key. Who is kicking first, which should be ccd, when to stun and so on needs to be coordinated. If you can execute this well, your tank can stay a lot longer in big groups dealing more damage, or can kite effectivly (Vortex and Typhoon are so good).

Alsoria

Post by Alsoria » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:13 pm

A geming question. Is it better to gem say straight Adept or mix in some delicates in red sockets?

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:22 pm

go straight agi for challenge modes.