Abusing rip extension

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Cetlysm
Honored

Abusing rip extension

Post by Cetlysm » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 am

Has anyone seen this work?
I'm talking about having a pretty good rip on a main target and using 1-2cp rips on minor targets to keep extending rip by making the 3 extensions reset.
I was able to keep the opening rip for 1min 45 sec or so in paragons but then when I tried to refresh under execute and soulswap it just disappeared or something.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yxt ... iew=events
I was using NV for scorp so the rip is not the strongest, but it still did a ton of dmg.
I think I did this 3 times before the boss was in execute range, since we had buyers and stuff it took a while.

Hard to say if it was worth it, since you're gonna have no energy to do much.
ImageImage

Felics

Re: Abusing rip extension

Post by Felics » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 am

Ye just tested this and it works... this is a pretty insane bug. With TED im getting like 1.4 mil crits on rip so extending that forever would be very strong indeed! make the most of it before it gets fixed? :)

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:17 am

It's been broken for years. There are few situations where it can actually be abused. It was also to much of a pain to try and fix for WoD which is why they removed extensions all together and fixed Rip's duration at 24 seconds.

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Was mostly wondering what anyone though about actually using it on fights, which ones specifically.
Assuming the rip is at least ticking for 700k crit.
Not only great for straight up damage but also to reach FB execute if it was impossible otherwise.

I'm aware this is pretty old but its simply not worth doing unless you're fighting for a super massive rip.
It is also risky and sometimes just not worth doing.

Immersus: nope

Protectors: doable if youre applying rips like crazy, depends on style, some people don't rip too much here, depending on OoC procs and berserk you can triple rip with double trinket up and then go on reverse extending the rips and then sacrifice a rip on one boss to buy extra extending and reach execute on 2 bosses with mega rips.

Norushen: possible on the big adds, can die real fast depending on guild and not always up, I've only done it to reach execute if close to it.

Sha: possible on big add but its out of range, possibly dies really fast and not always up.

Galakras: Depending on guild dps it can be done on the packs to kill shamans or "dudes that charge down" to hurt npcs, can also be used on the adds to extend Galakras' rip if your guilds brings the boss down with adds up.

IJ: nope

Shamans: Easily done for a bit if you tank both bosses together, but hard to maintain once the bosses start to get out of synch plus the 1 billion deadly effects floating around. But also there must be a point when it becomes a loss, with nothing to back it up I would guess its worth doing until trinkets start to reproc after pull.

Nazgrim: any add can do it, assuming your guild tanks the boss near add spawn points.

Malkarok: super hard mode if your guild does damage but somewhat possible on little adds.

Spoils: Amazingly good on the mini bosses, one extension trick can help you reach execute range and then allow you to swap.

Thok: Doable on the big add but you're gonna have to get up in thok's ass more than normal, not a big deal but some people prefer to swap from big add and play it safer.

Siege: doable on big add when he spawns, small bomb adds is super hard mode.

Paragons: thy dreams come true

Garrosh: Can be done on your buddies MCed bodies, a 1cp rip won't hurt, I'd ask first tho. It's not exactly consensual riping.
Very helpful to reachb an execute, as we know those are extra important on garrosh.
ImageImage

Felics

Post by Felics » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am

ye some valid gains are to be had. and i guess redirect (sybiosis) would be the best choice for it as you can apply the insane rip mangle 3 times rip another target with redirect then mangle 3 more. great for reaching execute range with an insane rip

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:03 pm

For the guys that PMed me how this works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LBYaFEUX9Y
The white number next to rip is the extensions left.
Note that the video is a exaggeration, what I do in the video is obviously a dps loss, utilizing this "trick" correctly is VERY situational and gear dependent.
ImageImage

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:47 pm

thx a ton for ure time...

only want to see if i can use pre 25% so a good rip can last under 25%

teddabear
Revered

Post by teddabear » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:09 pm

I always wondered how a few ferals were able to put up such high numbers on Protectors.

peki

Post by peki » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 pm

interesting..my mind is running wild with the possibilities...

but mainly I like your UI and are particularly interested in the debuffs between unitframes, would love to get a copy of it Cetlysm.

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 pm

What debuffs between uniframes? The thing with the red background?
Thats just stenhaldi's awesome WA with some stuff glued onto it to calm my autisms.
ImageImage

Zarzul
Honored

Post by Zarzul » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 am

Cetlysm i would love the weak aura string, for the upper right red/green rake / rip, or knowledge how to make the counters inside...

Cetlysm
Honored

Post by Cetlysm » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 am

ImageImage

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 am

On Garrosh progression i'd do this after 2nd transition to make sure my best rip would last to execute. I wouldnt though if rune was up.