WoD Pre-Raid BiS List

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Steakbomb
Revered

WoD Pre-Raid BiS List

Post by Steakbomb » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Been working with an officer in my guild to build a Feral WoD BiS list before entering any raids. This list DOES NOT include the Garrison Crafted gear that you will be able to equip. The idea is that you spam heroics to get as much of the BiS list as you can and then use the 3 crafted ilvl 640 pieces to replace either gear you have gotten or use the crafted gear to fill in the blanks on gear you couldn't get to drop for you. The crafted leather gear is listed here: http://wod.wowhead.com/list=3783178/640-crafted
[tr][td]Slot[/td][td]Heroic Dungeon BiS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Head[/td][td][Crown of Woe] (Molten Core LFR Reward)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Neck[/td][td][Fireblade Collar] (Ahri'ok Dugru, Araknath, Nitrogg Thundertower, Ragewing the Untamed, Sadana Bloodfury, Soulbinder Nyami, Yalnu)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Shoulders[/td][td][Blackwater Spaulders] (Gug'rokk, High Sage Viryx, Kyrak, Skulloc, Yalnu)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Back[/td][td][Soot-Scarred Longcloak] (Orebender Gor'ashan, Roltall, Sadana Bloodfury, Teron'gor)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chest[/td][td][Chestguard of Burning Focus] (Nhallish, Commander Tharbek, Fleshrender Nok'gar, Forgemaster Gog'duh, Nitrogg Thundertower, Soulbinder Nyami, Xeri'tac)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wrist[/td][td][Leafmender Wraps] (Nhallish, Archmage Sol, Azzakel, Oshir, Rukhran, Skylord Tovra, Slave Watcher Crushto, Warlord Zaela)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hands[/td][td][Crystalbinder Gloves] (Azzakel, Bonemaw, Commander Tharbek, Forgemaster Gog'duh, Rukhran, Skulloc, Skylord Tovra, Witherbark)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Waist[/td][td][Leafmender Girdle] (Dulhu, Bonemaw, Oshir, Railmaster Rocketspark, Ranjit, Vigilant Kaathar, Warlord Zaela)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Legs[/td][td][Bloodfeather Leggings] (Dulhu, High Sage Viryx, Ragewing the Untamed, Skulloc, Skylord Tovra, Slave Watcher Crushto, Teron'gor)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Feet[/td][td][Boots of Burning Focus] (Araknath, Ner'zhul, Orebender Gor'ashan, Roltall, Teron'gor, Xeri'tac)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ring 1[/td][td][Timeless Solium Band of the Assassin] (Legendary Questline)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ring 2[/td][td][Ro-Ger's Brown Diamond Seal] (Fleshrender Nok'gar, Gug'rokk, High Sage Viryx, Kyrak, Ner'zhul, Railmaster Rocketspark, Vigilant Kaathar, Yalnu)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ring 3[/td][td][Ancient Draenic Loop] (Fleshrender Nok'gar, Gug'rokk, High Sage Viryx, Kyrak, Ner'zhul, Railmaster Rocketspark, Vigilant Kaathar, Yalnu)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trinket 1[/td][td][Skull of War] (Darkmoon Faire - War Deck)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trinket 2[/td][td][Blood Seal of Azzakel] (Azzakel - Auchindoun)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trinket 3[/td][td][Gor'ashan's Lodestone Spike] (Orebender Gor'ashan - Upper Blackrock Spire)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Weapon[/td][td][Crushto's Neck Separator] (Slave Watcher Crushto - Bloodmaul Slag Mines)[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Stat Weights:
[tr][td]Stat[/td][td]Value[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Agility[/td][td]6.14[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Attack Power[/td][td]5.99[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Weapon DPS[/td][td]5.52[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Crit[/td][td]2.39[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Multistrike[/td][td]2.04[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mastery[/td][td]1.85[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Versatility[/td][td]1.79[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Haste[/td][td]1.56[/td][/tr][/table]
*Trinkets could be swapped depending how useful the ON USE effects are as well as [Witherbark's Branch] is a RPPM trinket and Weapon could be swapped with [Blackhand Doomcutter] if the Wound proc is adjusted by our stats.

***This is all based on personal testing and going over stat weights with a guild member to try and find the best solution for us going in to the first raid. Some of this info could be wrong tomorrow if Blizzard makes changes that effect our stat weights.
Last edited by Steakbomb on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: WoD Pre-Raid BiS List

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Where did you acquire those stat weights from? I ask because looking at the testing I have seen Mastery isn't better then Versatility unless you have more then 1 target that you can cleave off of.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm

T17PR simulations in 630ilvl gear. Stat weights can be different from the above. Just posted the findings so far. This testing was done with that specific gear level for pre-raid. Once we start getting better gear the stat weights change a bunch and Versatility does become better than Mastery, just from what I have seen, not at this ilvl.

raffy
Exalted

Post by raffy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Can you spoiler include (inside

Code: Select all

tags) the simc profile for the equipment?  All I need is the Item ID's for paper Catus, but I'm not at home :X  --- Thanks!

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:33 pm

This is what I am using.
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

head=bloodfeather_cowl,id=109976,bonus_id=524
neck=fireblade_collar,id=109951,bonus_id=524,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
shoulders=blackwater_spaulders,id=109938,bonus_id=524
back=sootscarred_longcloak,id=109918,bonus_id=524,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
chest=chestguard_of_burning_focus,id=109884,bonus_id=524
wrists=leafmender_wraps,id=109871,bonus_id=524
hands=crystalbinder_gloves,id=109850,bonus_id=524
waist=leafmender_girdle,id=109832,bonus_id=524
legs=bloodfeather_leggings,id=109810,bonus_id=524
feet=boots_of_burning_focus,id=109787,bonus_id=524
finger1=ancient_draenic_loop,id=109779,bonus_id=524,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
finger2=rogers_brown_diamond_seal,id=109759,bonus_id=524,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
trinket1=blood_seal_of_azzakel,id=109995,bonus_id=524
trinket2=gorashans_lodestone_spike,id=109998,bonus_id=524
main_hand=crushtos_neck_separator,id=110040,bonus_id=524,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:45 pm

You are forgetting Crown of Woe from the MC anniversary LFR

Probably worth noting that WoD 5-man gear can be "warforged" as well as roll sockets/tertiary stats. So lots of grinding.

On top of that, given enough leatherworkers+Garrison Barns/Gold It is possible to upgrade all 3 of your crafted pieces to 655(and if you are really crazy 665) before raids unlock. Probably best served by running normal/heroic week1 and then crafting for slots you don't get for the week Mythic opens up.\

You can also buy 1 piece of 645 gear from Apexis Shards before week 1 of raids as well if you do the Group/PvP daily every day for 1000 crystals

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Kraineth wrote:You are forgetting Crown of Woe from the MC anniversary LFR

Probably worth noting that WoD 5-man gear can be "warforged" as well as roll sockets/tertiary stats. So lots of grinding.

On top of that, given enough leatherworkers+Garrison Barns/Gold It is possible to upgrade all 3 of your crafted pieces to 655(and if you are really crazy 665) before raids unlock. Probably best served by running normal/heroic week1 and then crafting for slots you don't get for the week Mythic opens up.\

You can also buy 1 piece of 645 gear from Apexis Shards before week 1 of raids as well if you do the Group/PvP daily every day for 1000 crystals
Whoops, completely forgot about MC event. Fixed. Thanks!

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 am

Yep, personally not looking forward to the Heroics/Professions grind as it stands, probably not major for everyone, but I certainly like to be at my best for week 1/2.

It is pretty much only a problem because they are giving us a full 18 days before raids even come out, sort of hoping that they remove the account-wide progress on the achievement for Barn level 3 (25 barn work orders) as well as increasing the amount needed to 100. It made sense when it was 1 work order per day(instead of 6 like we have now), then it was impossible to make the upgrade items before raids were out.

If they did that the best you could do would be 3 crafted items, which is possible with 1 character with LW/Tannery building, and 1 level ~92 alt with just a Tannery

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:48 am

Yea with the amount of RNG purely on loot they are introducing with WoD, it's going to make the grind just as bad as it was in MoP with rushing to get all the factions to exhaulted to be able to buy the epic valor gear. It also makes it almost impossible to get an actual viable BiS list because of all of the variables on gear including tier gear.

Personally I am taking 4 days off work. Day 1 is getting to 100 and then sleeping most of day 2. Day 3/4 is me grinding as much dungeon gear as I can get my hands on and then more than likely level my monk to 93 to get another Garrison going to craft as much as I can.

I'm pretty used to the grind though as I do it every expac and I'm a night owl anyway.

Even with the RNG on loot, having a BiS list prepared will help the grind so that you are just looking for specific gear AND almost all of the loot can drop in every instance so in theory you could see 3-4 version of 1 piece of gear drop within 1 round of Heroics.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:46 am

What about world boss 640 epic loots? Also, won't this list change with the WoD release since completing Challenge Modes once a day will give us (or has a chance) LFR level gear?

Great post, though! Thanks a ton.

qtcent

Post by qtcent » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:34 am

do you think the darkmoon trinket is worth it? i mean i cant upgrade the trinket and the weapon. but in my raid there is only a guardian so my chances of being the first to get a raid weapon is high. and the other agi/crit proc trinket is from the last boss in blackrock.

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 am

This list is based purely on heroic dungeons. Doing the Challenge Mode daily could net you a couple extra pieces but it's not something you can rely on getting so I did not include them in the list. The Darkmoon Faire trinket is better than what's listed but those are always very expensive at the start of an expac and get replaced so quickly so personally, I ignore them unless a friend gives it to me at cost.

Acasta

Post by Acasta » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for the list.

Is it not possible to get the 680 ring in the first 2 weeks?
Judging from the questchain getting the ring only requires you to kill Heroic-bosses or bosses in the open world.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=243199/warl ... oot-tables

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Acasta wrote:Thanks for the list.

Judging from the questchain getting the ring only requires you to kill Heroic-bosses or bosses in the open world.

It might be possible, will have to wait and see if the drops you need are personal drops or are rolled on and also, it's possible they could add in a reputation that is needed or change the quest around that forces you to wait a bit. Either way, I will add it to the list but until WoD is live, we don't know how easy the 680 ring will be to obtain.

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Acasta wrote:Thanks for the list.

The quest is broken on Beta currently. it is fairly likely that each of the later quests is only given to you upon a new week.

Bunnychaser

Post by Bunnychaser » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Have you done a comparison for a legendary cloak? It honestly seems like it may be better than at least the non-warforged heroic cloak you linked.
Assuming a 10 agility gem, the 4 agility socket bonus, the legendary has one less agility, and 6 more offstats combined, than the rare cloak.
To be exact, it has 13 less crit, 25 less mastery, and 42 more haste, than the rare. The agility is 79 on the legendary, and 94 on the rare, but you gain 14 agility from the socket bonus and the gem.
Using your posted stat weights, the legendary is 814.62 effectively, and the rare is 832.56

The difference between the two, non-warforged, seems to be very minor.
I don't know how the proc will work in WoD, or if it will even proc at all.
The proc chance does not change on wowhead, however, it seems as though the attack power mod no longer exists. (This doesn't appear to be true on the beta-It's hitting for hundreds of damage every flurry.)
If the proc even 1/10 of what it is on live, it seems as though it will be better than the rare.

Untamable
Honored

Post by Untamable » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:07 pm

I read somewhere that the proc stops working at level 100. In that case, yeah the two cloaks are very close to each other, but the rare one could have other stats, sockets, or be warforged, depending on your luck.
Name changed to Purr
Proraiders

Steakbomb
Revered

Post by Steakbomb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Problem with the legendary cloak is it got nerfed to the ground with wod coming out and haste is useless and mastery is not much better at 630. Come live we will see what happens but ATM the rare is bis plus it can drop with a gem slot in it which makes it even better

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Steakbomb wrote:Problem with the legendary cloak is it got nerfed to the ground with wod coming out and haste is useless and mastery is not much better at 630. Come live we will see what happens but ATM the rare is bis plus it can drop with a gem slot in it which makes it even better
This doesn't track with what happens for me currently in the beta... Procs for rather absurd damage really. ~1300 every .3 seconds for 3 seconds (so 13k per target before crit/multistrike). Is it something specific to instances because I know for a fact it works in the open world.

Simcraft also has it (@ilvl 616) better than an ilvl 680 cloak (by 800 dps, so not trivial) on single target.

All that said, I would bet on them disabling the proc at 100 (probably in some scaling fashion between 90-100 like they've done for things in the past). If not happening before live, I would almost guarantee it hot fixed before raids open up as its probably better than even the mythic cloak.

Lynxx
Honored

Post by Lynxx » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:55 am

Also it is a note that highmaul is going to open on Dec. 2nd and then mythic on the 9th. So plenty of time to farm for warforged and the 680 ring. Frankly I'm glad for the extra week and a half.

Raysere

Post by Raysere » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 am

I took Steakbomb's list and built a spreadsheet around it to help me keep track of which dungeons/bosses I still need as I check off items from my list. I thought I might as well share it here in case it's of use to anybody else:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

It's pretty simple to use, you choose the items you're aiming to collect from the item column and change the N in the Obtained column to Y when you pick up an item. The spreadsheet will dynamicly update to let you know what dungeons and bosses you still need to run. It's currently only got the items from Steakbomb's list, but other items and the bosses that drop them can be added on the Item Data sheet.

If you want to use it, File -> Make a copy to save an editable copy to your own Google Drive. You can also download in in Excel or OO Calc format, but I don't know if my whacky formulas will survive that.

Vasagore

Post by Vasagore » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks Raysere, love the spreadsheet...saved me a bunch of time making something up that probably wouldn't have been as clever :lol:

...and a big thanks to Steakbomb for the list obviously ;)
Image Vasagore
Invidious, EU-Tarren Mill

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Awesome sheet Raysere, thanks for sharing.
ImageImage

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks Ray, though the panel on the right is not changing when I change 'N' to 'Y' ^^ Not sure why :c

Raysere

Post by Raysere » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Hwarra wrote:Thanks Ray, though the panel on the right is not changing when I change 'N' to 'Y' ^^ Not sure why :c
Hmm. Some bosses drop multiple items on the list, so in some cases when you change one item alone, it won't remove any bosses from the right because you still need other drops from that boss. If that makes any sense.