WoD Pre-Raid BiS List

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tremnen
Revered

Re: WoD Pre-Raid BiS List

Post by Tremnen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:31 am

What is everyone's gear looking like right now? I asked in my guild and no one else had close to as much of their best secondary as I did. (nearly 1350 crit rating). Have I just been stupid luck so far?

And Agixx, The Versatility 620 ilvl agi trinket is really the best one with Lucky Coin?

ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced

Raysere

Post by Raysere » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:04 pm

We're lucky in that we can obtain items for almost, if not every slot with ideal stats. Other specs aren't so fortunate.

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

So Lucky coin is our bis up to even Blackrock, right? I don't find any Highmaul trinkets very appealing..

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 pm

@Tremnen: Yes.

@Hwarra: Its BiS until you get a Mythic Beating Heart of the Mountain. You may also be able to replace it if you get Mythic Scales of Doom + Heroic Beating Heart of the Mountain both with some extra sockets or WF on them but that should be pretty unlikely.
ImageImage

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 pm

With raids coming closer I'm trying to figure out what to take as my last 2 slots for crafted items.

Idea is to make items that'll last me trough the first week of heroic highmaul without replacing them with loot from there (upgrading the items to 665).

Came to the current conclusion to go for the crafted chest and legs/helm since the highmaul ones seem to have the worst stats on them. (focussing on a crit/mastery set).
That is assuming I can snipe a crit/mastery crafted item from that AH or trade from a guildie :)
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Nayni wrote:Idea is to make items that'll last me trough the first week of heroic highmaul without replacing them with loot from there (upgrading the items to 665).
If that's your goal just don't craft them until Mythic opens or until you really need gear to beat a boss you're stuck on. No point making them now if there's any chance they'll be replaced and you don't need them to progress.
ImageImage

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:52 pm

aggixx wrote:
Nayni wrote:Idea is to make items that'll last me trough the first week of heroic highmaul without replacing them with loot from there (upgrading the items to 665).
If that's your goal just don't craft them until Mythic opens or until you really need gear to beat a boss you're stuck on. No point making them now if there's any chance they'll be replaced and you don't need them to progress.
Well the idea is that they won't be replaced until Mythic. Because I'm looking at items I probably won't be wanting to wear anyway from highmaul. Which to me seems like the chest and legs/helm as they have the stat combinations I'd want the least. Also opens up those slots for other ppl who might appreciate the items more.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 am

620 PVP trinket really that great? Compared to say a DMC?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:56 am

No, its a fair bit worse than DMC. When I said yes to it being best with Lucky Coin that was within the context of heroic trinkets only. See the rankings in my guide.

Besides, if you have a Lucky Double-Sided Coin buying a DMC is questionable when you can just get an Insignia on the 2nd which is almost as good as a stage 2 DMC. You'd need to put a pretty huge and expensive amount of mats into the DMC for it to be better.
ImageImage

swep

Post by swep » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am

Hey guys. So as of today some trinkets took a really big hit and some didnt, so im really confused about what trinkets i should use?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109995/bloo ... &bonus=524 remains unchanged.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=112318/skul ... &bonus=525 Stage one (640ilvl) version now has 117 agility on live

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109998&bonus=524 (630 ilvl now has 107 agility)

and lastly my trinket from a rare mission is currently looking likee this on live:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=114427/muni ... -of-terror

Any advice is much appreciated

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:58 am

Uh, coin got nerfed or something?

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 am

did they really change the trinkets because thats "Unfortunate!!".

Hwarra

Post by Hwarra » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:18 am

Not sure if its intended, since now some 640 trinkets are better than 665 ones. And not all were nerfed. I sent a ticket asking about it but I guess sooner we will get a bluepost clarification than CS answer..

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am

The 665 str one also got changed, they increased the duration from 10 -> 15 sec and removed the passive vers on it.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 am

I am holding out hope that it wasn't intentional and will be reverted. Otherwise its kinda BS.

Edit: it seems almost every agi trinket was nerfed or changed in some way. I don't mind coin being nerfed but I will mind if it ends up simming as much lower on our BIS trinket list than it was relative to other trinkets.
Last edited by Tremnen on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Seems lots of the trinkets got their agility or passive stat reduced. One of the trinkets (Blackrock with Crit proc) got buffed by 2agi. Seems a bit off

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Whichever mod edited my post. I got to hand it to you I laughed.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Happy to have gotten a laugh. I don't mind a little swear now and then, but lets try to keep it mild if possible. Thanks!

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Tremnen wrote:Edit: it seems almost every agi trinket was nerfed or changed in some way. I don't mind coin being nerfed but I will mind if it ends up simming as much lower on our BIS trinket list than it was relative to other trinkets.
I'm actually not surprised by this. Bringing trinkets down a bit was part of the general plan for WoD. Also hitting the ones that are very Rare harder makes there be less of a gap between the haves and have nots.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:37 pm

I was a little pissed I spent that much gold on an item that got nerfed. Now that I know basically every trinket got nerfed I don't mind as long as coin wasn't nerfed more than the others. I spent that gold on a near BIS trinket and I hope it stays near BIS after all the trinkets being nerfed.

Eagerly awaiting a new Sim sheet with the trinket rankings on it

Edit: My main beef right now is no transparency on this from Blizzard and its important they give us a heads up on things like this because people like me are spending a small fortune on gear right now and they arent going to just give us compensation for that after the fact.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Tremnen wrote:Edit: it seems almost every agi trinket was nerfed or changed in some way. I don't mind coin being nerfed but I will mind if it ends up simming as much lower on our BIS trinket list than it was relative to other trinkets.
I'm actually not surprised by this. Bringing trinkets down a bit was part of the general plan for WoD. Also hitting the ones that are very Rare harder makes there be less of a gap between the haves and have nots.
I'd argue though that removing trinket snapshotting did bring down trinkets a ton.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Tremnen wrote:I was a little pissed I spent that much gold on an item that got nerfed. Now that I know basically every trinket got nerfed I don't mind as long as coin wasn't nerfed more than the others. I spent that gold on a near BIS trinket and I hope it stays near BIS after all the trinkets being nerfed.

Eagerly awaiting a new Sim sheet with the trinket rankings on it
That's why I was assuming they wouldn't nerf the world drop trinkets post launch, because its just not fair to the people who dumped a ton of gold into buying them. Still very much not convinced this is intentional, though.

The sims will come as soon as they can. For now I can't as all the data is pulled from Wowhead which has all of the old values.
ImageImage

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:20 pm

yeah I was surprised as well. If they feel feral is doing to much damage I'd rather they nerf feral than the items. I spent to much money on the trinket and I know other people who spent much more than I did to have it suddenly become useless. I really feel for the people who crafted DMC as well.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 pm

I agree it's extremely unfair to people that spent lots of gold on an item assuming it would be very strong for a long time. If blizzard lets it ship it should stay that way unless it's broken. And while it was very powerful it was in no way broken.

Thankfully I did not buy one or else honestly I would be livid right now.

Leakyfaucet

Post by Leakyfaucet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 pm

But it looks like they nerfed a lot of the raid trinkets down too so it should stay close to part. Except for a few oddities like Humming Blackiron Trigger gaining 2 agi...

Still haven't seen a bluepost or tweet about it.