Macro help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Bhambham

Macro help

Post by Bhambham » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:50 am

I am trying to build a couple healing macros for WoD

/cast [targettarget,help][@player] Healing Touch

This is what I have now, the idea is for HT to hit the tank in raid, or myself when solo.. I 'd like to change it to be targettarget>focus>playername>myself

If I figure this out , then I can so something similar with Rejuv.

Is it possible to cast sequence different targets, e.g. hit Tank A with Rejuv, then Tank B, then Myself and rotate?

Thanks

myrdev

Re: Macro help

Post by myrdev » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:21 pm

At work, so I can't double check this, will try and remember to update corrections tonight if it doesn't work for you ;P

Unless it has been changed, you can use unitnames in macros assuming they are in your party/raid or are pets belonging to you, so you should be fine with something like:

Code: Select all

/cast [@targettarget,exists,noharm][@focus,exists,noharm][@BhambhamsFriendOrPet,exists][@player] Healing Touch
You may need to append realmnames under merged/xrealm group scenarios, I can't say I have tried to do a macro via unitname in at least 12 months.
Bhambham wrote:Is it possible to cast sequence different targets, e.g. hit Tank A with Rejuv, then Tank B, then Myself and rotate?
I think you can achieve that via:

Code: Select all

/castsequence [@target] rejuv,,
/castsequence [@focus] ,rejuv,
/castsequence [@player] ,,rejuv

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm

I don't think that cast sequence macro will work. While you need to succeed in casting a Rejuv for each individual sequence to move on I don't think the same is true for the nil casts; it will just progress when you press it. If you fail to cast 1 Rejuv per press eventually all the sequences will align and only the first line will do anything. Could be wrong, though, you can certainly do some weird shit with castsequence macros if you get complicated.
ImageImage

myrdev

Post by myrdev » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 pm

You are correct, if it is mashed while on the GCD / casting they will jump nils because only a keypress is needed to jump a nil vs cast success to progress from a spell.

It might be safer to add a reset = 3 or something to make sure if it does get desynced you can always just stop pressing it for 3 seconds, and start again - I wouldn't be worried about using this as a lazy way to top people off after fights, but it probably won't work wonders in a combat situation - you would most likely be better off with a mouseover or something for that.

Neonjoe

Post by Neonjoe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Check out Vuhdu unit frames. Has a built in click cast function. Currently I have mine set up to decurse on right click, HT on shift+right click, rejuv on shift+left click. You can use it for all characters, I have it mapped for all toons that have spells to cast on others.

This was especially useful when playing my disc priest. I could shield people with a right click, rejuv with shift+left click, prayer of healing with shift+right click, ctrl+right click for pom, ctrl+left click for flash heal. This allowed me to keep the boss always targeted for atonement healing. The same works well for a feral.

I use two separate buttons for HT right now, one is just a regular cast so if the boss is targeted the heal goes to myself and the other is at the boss's target so it goes to the tank. I think more than that is probably not needed as healers should be taking care of most of it and allowing you to focus on doing damage and not taking damage. I can always shift+right click anyone on my unit frames to throw the HT their way.