Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

NaryaDL0re

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by NaryaDL0re » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 pm

it wouldnt change the sequencing though would it? Just the energy threshold?
Since you go up to 150 with berserk you "can" BS+TF as soon as < 90 energy instead of < 40.
At which point you already maximize the amount of energy you will ever have inside the Berserk.

Laserkitten

Post by Laserkitten » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Yes you could berserk/tf at 90 but if you do that (right after your first rake) you only have 1 or 2 combo points so you will most likely not fit a 2nd finisher into your tiger's fury duration. What i don't get is why people insist on makroing TF to berserk, which means that you either TF with 2 combo points or shred without berserking until your first finisher, both is god awful.
If you use berserk and TF seperately, you already get reduced energy cost on your first few shreds until you got 5 cp and then you use TF rip and have enough time to use another TF bite AND can renew rake to max duration with TF and bloodtalons, unless i have a major flaw in my thought process it's flatout better.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm

NaryaDL0re wrote:and I dont think I wasted globals.
Since hitting Incarnation triggers a GCD if you hit Berserk at the same time you miss 1 second of the Berserk buff waiting for that GCD.

Sashimi

Post by Sashimi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:52 am

Quick Question i have a feral in my guild at the start of a boss fight he bursts and he is pretty high like 40+K, my question what kind of opener is that how do you properly burst as a feral, just rake and FB while all cds popped? i see around ~2ish secs left of berserk he will throw on a rip i believe after not 100% sure what hes doing since hes top dps all the time settling back down to +20k~ dps can anyone shed light on this BURST opener?

THANKS! ^.^

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 am

most ferals are pre healing touch to proc Bloody Talons. Pre potion. At pull Use incarnation rake shred until out of energy pop beserk put up a rip at 5 CP. Shred until 5 cp then healing touch to proc Bloody Talons Tiger's fury Rip again to put up a stronger rip rake again to put up a stronger rake. Shred to 5 combo points and Ferocious bite at 50 energy (25 if beserk is still up). You can usually do all this pretty quickly. I typically burst highest or second highest in the guild (damn ret paladins)

Zyb

Post by Zyb » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 am

Tremnen wrote:most ferals are pre healing touch to proc Bloody Talons. Pre potion. At pull Use incarnation rake shred until out of energy pop beserk put up a rip at 5 CP. Shred until 5 cp then healing touch to proc Bloody Talons Tiger's fury Rip again to put up a stronger rip rake again to put up a stronger rake. Shred to 5 combo points and Ferocious bite at 50 energy (25 if beserk is still up). You can usually do all this pretty quickly. I typically burst highest or second highest in the guild (damn ret paladins)
So if I get it right.
HT
Pot
Cat Form -no prowl-
KotJ
Rake
Shred
Berserk when out of energy
5CP Rip
Shred
HT > procs BT
TF
5CP Rip
Rake
Shred
5CP FB.

One question, when you apply the second Rip, the stronger one, do you strictly wait for you to get to 5CP without TF, or between those Shreds you pop TF to keep energy up and try to get the 5CP Rip while TF is still active. I guess the result is still the same, just wondering how you manage energy cause I'm getting the hang of it, but still not as good as I'd like to be.

/edit: formatting.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 am

depending on crit luck i will sometimes cast that 2nd healing touch at 4cp and TF rake then Rip. I also sometimes delay beserk further if we for instance lust on the pull but Not sure if that is always smart.

Zyb

Post by Zyb » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Got it, thanks.
Was asking, cause I don't know if this happened to any of you but sometimes I rake and I'm an inch away from the boss and I'll go out of stealth even I didn't hit it. Started to run with glyph of rake because of this.

Sashimi

Post by Sashimi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Tremnen wrote:most ferals are pre healing touch to proc Bloody Talons. Pre potion. At pull Use incarnation rake shred until out of energy pop beserk put up a rip at 5 CP. Shred until 5 cp then healing touch to proc Bloody Talons Tiger's fury Rip again to put up a stronger rip rake again to put up a stronger rake. Shred to 5 combo points and Ferocious bite at 50 energy (25 if beserk is still up). You can usually do all this pretty quickly. I typically burst highest or second highest in the guild (damn ret paladins)

interesting i was just FB and at the end put a RIP, rake is on the boss of course how high is your burst if you dont mind me asking, also saw somewhere someone went

FB first 5 combo
PS proc
pop CDS
get to 5 cp
then put a ballin RIP and rake on

is that also a alternative burst opener? or is the other yield more bang for your buck?

thanks again for awesome responses peeps appreciated ^.^

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Burst hit ~78K on Butcher last night.

Do not look at my current armory i got 5 upgrades including a weapon after this log :D

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:04 pm

I recently obtained a lot of gear as well as a Lucky Double-Sided coin so now I have over 50% crit at the start of a fight. I started doing my opener differently, but it involves delaying the use of tiger's fury by longer than normal. This opener allows me to get 2 BT+TF ferocious bites that are guaranteed to crit for 171k:

Healing Touch
Prowl
Draenic Agility Potion
Rake
Incarnation
Berserk/Shred
Shred to 5
Rip
Shred
Shred
Healing Touch
Tiger's Fury/Rake
Ferocious Bite
Shred
Shred
Shred
Healing Touch
Ferocious Bite

Skull of War puts my crit over 50%, but if it does not proc right away then it might take more than 2 shred at the start to get to 5 combo points. Is it worth holding onto tiger's fury this long in order to get 2 BT+TF ferocious bites? I think this might be specific to people who have over 50% crit at the start of a fight.

Also, people say to do incarnation right at the start, but my crit trinket sometimes does not activate right away and it seems like casting incarnation second could be beneficial.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't think there's any real benefit to delaying TF that long. You'd do similar damage if you used it on the initial TF and first Bite.
ImageImage

Sashimi

Post by Sashimi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:16 am

awesome info maybe should add a opener section =)?

Laserkitten

Post by Laserkitten » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 am

still would love input on this opener

HT
prowl
pot
rake
incarnation
berserk
shred to 5
TF + rip
shred to 5
HT
FB
rake

Niff

Post by Niff » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:36 am

Laserkitten wrote:still would love input on this opener

HT
prowl
pot
rake
incarnation
berserk
shred to 5
TF + rip
shred to 5
HT
FB
rake
Thats exactly how I do it, instead off I pop inca+zerk when I am out of energy together with TF. My burst in the opener at Butcher yesterday was around 50k with ilvl 641.

But i think an opening section in the guide would be good, this question comes so often.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:45 pm

The reason there isn't already an opener section is because people make a far bigger deal about than it actually deserves. Rarely do you actually ever do anything explicitly different in your opener from the rest of the rotation, usually its just practical application of your normal priorities.

If you just use the information that's in the Priority List and Clipping sections you're already 95% of the way to an optimal opener, the only thing left is when to use Berserk and Incarnation (which frankly, hardly matters at all as long as you use them in a relatively timely manner).
ImageImage

wermerb

Post by wermerb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:54 am

Hi guys!
I'm trying to simulate myself with simcraft, i downloaded it today with the latest fix. However when i'm inspecting the results on a Lightmovement fight i start seeing weired things like: Swipe, Rip uptime 56%, trash etc.

Can u guys link me please a proper simcraft script for ferals?

Verduro

Post by Verduro » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:57 am

Is it still worth using the enchant of shattered hand over thunderlord after this nerf?

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 2599845889

Aussa

Post by Aussa » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:55 am

Verduro wrote:Is it still worth using the enchant of shattered hand over thunderlord after this nerf?

Pretty certain this doesn't change things all that much, I might be wrong but the fact that it scales with our Savage Roar+TF just helps this enchant so much.

Might've made the gap smaller, but I doubt it will have changed it all that much.

Cayenne321

Post by Cayenne321 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:51 am

I didn't see it in the hotfix notes, but it seems they've fixed the scaling issue with the conquest trinkets but nerfing the honor trinkets to match.

The 620 insignia now gives something like 37 versatility instead of ~140ish, for trinket comparisons.

Fayled

Post by Fayled » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Aussa wrote:
Verduro wrote:Is it still worth using the enchant of shattered hand over thunderlord after this nerf?

Pretty certain this doesn't change things all that much, I might be wrong but the fact that it scales with our Savage Roar+TF just helps this enchant so much.

Might've made the gap smaller, but I doubt it will have changed it all that much.
It was only marginally ahead, but reducing its uptime by 10% on avg is going to hurt it a bunch.

Crit enchant should now surpass it at Heroic gear maybe even Normal gear, rather then at Mythic as before.

Just have to wait for Sim updates to confirm.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Its a lot more than 10%, its almost a 29% nerf before accounting for refresh behavior. That's massive. I would be shocked if it is better than Thunderlord at any level of gear now.

Edit: Its competitive in full dungeon gear or a little better but once you start picking up raid gear Thunderlord should pull ahead.
http://imgur.com/a/hDS8E
ImageImage

Aussa

Post by Aussa » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:48 pm

aggixx wrote:Its a lot more than 10%, its almost a 29% nerf before accounting for refresh behavior. That's massive. I would be shocked if it is better than Thunderlord at any level of gear now.
You certain it is that much? o.o
But in either case, it isn't final or implemented yet.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Aussa wrote:But in either case, it isn't final or implemented yet.
It's already implemented. I suppose I wouldn't call it "final", 'cause Blizzard, but yeah don't expect it to change.
ImageImage

Aussa

Post by Aussa » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:18 pm

It was up as often as usual, and did the same percentage of my dmg during my tonights raid so I assumed it wasn't up yet.

If it is I am confused, and I sadly do not have logs (data from looking over recount between attempts) so I can't look further at it and compare it to earlier this week :/