Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:Is the damage from the Mirror of the Blademaster AOE. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/124224-mirro ... nusIDs=566
The tooltip implies it is. If there is only one target do they concentrate that damage or is it just lost if there is less than 4 targets? (The feral tooltip says 4 targets)
They stand in place and channel Bladestorm for the whole duration. You must have a hostile target to use the trinket because it spawns the 4 blademasters on the 4 corners of the target (fixed radius I think) and that's what determines where they stand for the duration. Targets can be hit by anywhere from 1 to 4 of the AoEs depending on where they are standing.
Alteredbeast wrote:I have to say I do like that it is on a 1 min CD. As feral I don't recall ever having a one min CD before. Also it can be popped at the same time as Beating Heart and they both have a 20 sec duration. I wasn't sure if using one would put the other on cd for 30 sec like they would if they were both a 2 min cd.
You would probably drop Beating Heart before Trigger anyway so it doesn't matter.
ImageImage

Alteredbeast
Honored
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Alteredbeast » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 pm

aggixx wrote:
Alteredbeast wrote:Is the damage from the Mirror of the Blademaster AOE. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/124224-mirro ... nusIDs=566
The tooltip implies it is. If there is only one target do they concentrate that damage or is it just lost if there is less than 4 targets? (The feral tooltip says 4 targets)
They stand in place and channel Bladestorm for the whole duration. You must have a hostile target to use the trinket because it spawns the 4 blademasters on the 4 corners of the target (fixed radius I think) and that's what determines where they stand for the duration. Targets can be hit by anywhere from 1 to 4 of the AoEs depending on where they are standing.
Alteredbeast wrote:I have to say I do like that it is on a 1 min CD. As feral I don't recall ever having a one min CD before. Also it can be popped at the same time as Beating Heart and they both have a 20 sec duration. I wasn't sure if using one would put the other on cd for 30 sec like they would if they were both a 2 min cd.
You would probably drop Beating Heart before Trigger anyway so it doesn't matter.
Thanks, that definitely explains some limitations on the trinket.

In my case my beating heart is 706 and my trigger is 685. I haven't simmed it but I figured the 21 ilvls makes it stronger.
Image

davidrm15
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by davidrm15 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:45 pm

can you update image with dual trinkets? i think is bug because have some trinket only in mithyc version

Batlecruiser
Honored
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Batlecruiser » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:35 pm

What about the new buff food http://www.wowhead.com/item=127991/felmouth-frenzy ?
Proc does 1-2% Damage at several HFC bosses, which means ~1k DPS. 125x(Crit value) would be around 550 DPS.
It is not implemented in SimCraft yet, so I could not compare it.

Zstriker
Honored
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Zstriker » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 am

our dk used it yesterday and it was 4% of his dps

Synesis
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:20 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Synesis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 pm

I'd be willing to give it a run - maybe I'll try it out on my normal run and see how it performs. Right now I like the crit food since it keeps me around 40-45% crit range but if its a significant contributer... would be interesting. Also if its proc based, feral generally have favorable multipliers

Leakyfaucet
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Leakyfaucet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Batlecruiser wrote:What about the new buff food http://www.wowhead.com/item=127991/felmouth-frenzy ?
Proc does 1-2% Damage at several HFC bosses, which means ~1k DPS. 125x(Crit value) would be around 550 DPS.
It is not implemented in SimCraft yet, so I could not compare it.
Zstriker wrote:our dk used it yesterday and it was 4% of his dps
Do you have logs of it by chance?

User avatar
Rinni1990
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Rinni1990 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Does casting Reju on yourself in cat form interrupt your auto attack? Also how worth is it keeping up when it ticks for super little?

User avatar
Kraineth
Revered
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 am
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Kraineth » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Rinni1990 wrote:Does casting Reju on yourself in cat form interrupt your auto attack? Also how worth is it keeping up when it ticks for super little?
Nope it does not interfere with melee swings. I cast it on myself and others whenever ive got free time and it will do some healing, no reason not to.

User avatar
Rinni1990
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Rinni1990 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Kraineth wrote:
Rinni1990 wrote:Does casting Reju on yourself in cat form interrupt your auto attack? Also how worth is it keeping up when it ticks for super little?
Nope it does not interfere with melee swings. I cast it on myself and others whenever ive got free time and it will do some healing, no reason not to.
Yeah I tend to do the same thing, but when someone was reviewing my logs, said "that's not your job" and it only healed for <insert amount> so not worth using. Yet I did say that we do have the downtime and theres no reason not to. =/

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 pm

That is a very idiotic thing to say.
ImageImage

artsdruid
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by artsdruid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 am

yeah whoever said thats not your job hasnt played with a feral for WoD. haha its all we do!

Thandorr
Honored
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Thandorr » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:56 am

Not sure if it's been discussed and I just didn't see it, but...

715 Skull vs 700 Trigger.

I have a 685 Skull and 700 Trigger and was wondering which is better. I see that trigger is higher on the single trinket list, but since it's not on dual trinket, I wondered if anything changed. My trinket drops have been absolutely terrible, my other trinket is 691 Heart.

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Skull might be better if you have low enough crit but I doubt that is typical; too much of Skull's budget is in the proc strength which is so huge that a lot of it goes to waste. The single trinket comparisons are generally pretty accurate, just not the most accurate thing possible.
ImageImage

Zstriker
Honored
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Zstriker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:44 pm

I have both Skull(6) and hc wf trigger just for lolz, and with double proc at pull I get ~95% crit so it's kinda wasted during incarantion, especially at pull

Itharius
Honored
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Itharius » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Alteredbeast wrote:
In my case my beating heart is 706 and my trigger is 685. I haven't simmed it but I figured the 21 ilvls makes it stronger.
Without a doubt.
Rinni1990 wrote:
Kraineth wrote:
Rinni1990 wrote:Does casting Reju on yourself in cat form interrupt your auto attack? Also how worth is it keeping up when it ticks for super little?
Nope it does not interfere with melee swings. I cast it on myself and others whenever ive got free time and it will do some healing, no reason not to.
Yeah I tend to do the same thing, but when someone was reviewing my logs, said "that's not your job" and it only healed for <insert amount> so not worth using. Yet I did say that we do have the downtime and theres no reason not to. =/
It is an idiotic thing to say, but at the same time, you have to remember now that we're gcd locked a third of the time because of our t18 4 pc and seed. So you probably shouldn't be healing apart from Healing Touch with predatory swiftness procs while your berserk is up.

Itharius
Honored
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Itharius » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Pawkets, is there any reason why you say to use tiger's fury + berserk before first rip on your summon stone guide? I've been opening with rake, popping incarnation, shredding to 5, tiger's fury, rip, then blow the rest of my energy and pop berserk between GCDs. If I blew berserk before rip, I'd almost certainly overcap.

Zstriker
Honored
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Zstriker » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:58 am

Itharius wrote:Pawkets, is there any reason why you say to use tiger's fury + berserk before first rip on your summon stone guide? I've been opening with rake, popping incarnation, shredding to 5, tiger's fury, rip, then blow the rest of my energy and pop berserk between GCDs. If I blew berserk before rip, I'd almost certainly overcap.
otherwise u would be starved and could not fit extra FB in t17 4p proc
with t18 it won't matter much

Itharius
Honored
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Itharius » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:15 am

Zstriker wrote:
Itharius wrote:Pawkets, is there any reason why you say to use tiger's fury + berserk before first rip on your summon stone guide? I've been opening with rake, popping incarnation, shredding to 5, tiger's fury, rip, then blow the rest of my energy and pop berserk between GCDs. If I blew berserk before rip, I'd almost certainly overcap.
otherwise u would be starved and could not fit extra FB in t17 4p proc
with t18 it won't matter much
I'm assuming t18 and seed. The listed opener would also be a bad t17 opener because you couldn't fit 3 ferocious bites into your opener if you pop berserk before rip. You typically pop tiger's fury before rip and then berserk after your first shred following rip, which gives you an extra GCD to work with. But we never have to worry about t17 again once we have t18, so I'm trying to figure out why Pawkets still lists berserk before rip, unless it's an oversight.

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Itharius wrote:If I blew berserk before rip, I'd almost certainly overcap.
Its not really that simple. No matter what you do its possible to waste energy depending on Omens, entering with higher energy just increases the average amount you waste. On the flip side, entering with anything much lower than full energy gives you a chance of running out of energy during Berserk, and the lower the energy the higher the chance.

With some relatively limited sims using Soul Cap/Seed/T18 it seems like its best to use Berserk when you have an energy deficit of at least 40, but its not a very significant difference as most opener things tend to be. Its also likely to be a slightly different story without lust on pull.
ImageImage

Itharius
Honored
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Itharius » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:42 pm

aggixx wrote:
Itharius wrote:If I blew berserk before rip, I'd almost certainly overcap.
Its not really that simple. No matter what you do its possible to waste energy depending on Omens, entering with higher energy just increases the average amount you waste. On the flip side, entering with anything much lower than full energy gives you a chance of running out of energy during Berserk, and the lower the energy the higher the chance.

With some relatively limited sims using Soul Cap/Seed/T18 it seems like its best to use Berserk when you have an energy deficit of at least 40, but its not a very significant difference as most opener things tend to be. Its also likely to be a slightly different story without lust on pull.
So a good frame of reference for popping berserk might be, say, 50% of my energy bar?

Alvincat
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:12 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Alvincat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 am

700 Censor with socket vs Mythic Beating heart?

Sims say a loss w/o socket? and looking at the scaling not sure if socket would beat Beating heart of less i put an epic gem into.

I noticed the tooltip of the buff in Simcraft says like 400 something agility (bug?), but buff says correct amount of agility. I assume it might have a better chance to beat it assuming it procs more often then simulated (8 procs), but unsure if its worth it.

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 am

Itharius wrote:So a good frame of reference for popping berserk might be, say, 50% of my energy bar?
Maybe more like 70%? High-ish.
ImageImage

User avatar
aggixx
Exalted
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by aggixx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 am

Alvincat wrote:700 Censor with socket vs Mythic Beating heart?

Sims say a loss w/o socket? and looking at the scaling not sure if socket would beat Beating heart of less i put an epic gem into.

I noticed the tooltip of the buff in Simcraft says like 400 something agility (bug?), but buff says correct amount of agility. I assume it might have a better chance to beat it assuming it procs more often then simulated (8 procs), but unsure if its worth it.
Best thing to do would be just import your character and run the sim for yourself. Aside from that you can approximate the DPS value of a socket pretty well by just multiplying your crit stat value by the amount of crit on the gem; so if 1 crit is worth 4.5 DPS, then 75 crit would be 337.5 DPS. You can add that to the values on the trinket chart and have a pretty good idea.
ImageImage

Ayleena
Honored
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by Ayleena » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:58 pm

I have a question about a couple of lower level trinkets I did not see on the trinket list:

1.) Stone of Wilds - 700 ilevel version of the Alchemist stones. Where does it fit?
2.) Baleful Trinket with crit (291 agi, 291 crit). I assume this is probably more in line with 670 ilevel trinkets, but just curious.

Mirror comes relatively early and even on normal beats everything else I could possibly get. But in the meantime...

Post Reply