Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

cansr

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2!

Post by cansr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Thandorr wrote:One question that was asked that I am wondering as well: is it still optimal to use the incarnation on pull even if you're using the swap WA?
assuming:
-you pop incarn before pull
-your soul cap's igcd is pushed back to proc at 5.5 seconds into fight
-the ring is used at 1 second
-every shred crits

you only have two extra seconds before soul cap explodes. if any shred doesn't crit, that 1 second to 1.5 sec left on soul cap, means there's little room to incarnation after rake. if your guild pops the ring later, and you have pushed back soul caps proc an extra second, then I think incarnation after rake, like last tier, would be beneficial. I think aggixx and battle gave good answers as to why incarnation before pull is still viable.
would love for a feral buddy to come join me at Skunkworks! we are a two night guild
positions available currently: mascot

davidrm15

Post by davidrm15 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Hello today i win with chest M mirror with socket, should i use? I have Capacitor Hwf and Seed H ( i check dual trinkets but only see mythic not h trinkets )

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 am

davidrm15 wrote:Hello today i win with chest M mirror with socket, should i use? I have Capacitor Hwf and Seed H ( i check dual trinkets but only see mythic not h trinkets )
Check out the frequently asked questions (page 1 of this thread) :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Post by aggixx » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 am

Trinket comparisons and pawn weights updated for Patch 6.2.3.
ImageImage

Busfahra

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by Busfahra » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:47 am

Hey, I'm new and have two questions for my alt feral druid.

Quote:
aggixx wrote:
Oathclaw Wargarb (Tier 18)
With the 2 set you want to use a finisher instantly whenever Omen procs (making sure you have the energy needed for maximum bite damage).
Wow! Does that mean I'm gonna FB below 5 CP?

and

Do I use Thrash on Singletarget with Omen of Clarity Proc?

Hope you can help me out!

Kraineth
Revered

Post by Kraineth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Busfahra wrote:Hey, I'm new and have two questions for my alt feral druid.
Wow! Does that mean I'm gonna FB below 5 CP?
I doubt it, I've never heard of anyone doing this, you still want bite to do max damage (5 CPs + 50 Energy)
Busfahra wrote:
Yes, the only exception being that you do not want to use a charge of bloodtalons on it instead of Rake/Rip. Using a charge of BT on it instead of Shred is fine if you won't get the chance to use it on Rake/Rip.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

I think the meaning of that passage is that you no longer pool energy before using a finisher to increase the chance of having BT still up for the following finisher. There's so much energy regeneration that pooling before each finisher is not necessary, and will lead to capping.

Busfahra

Post by Busfahra » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 am

Thanks!

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:42 am

Kraineth wrote:
Busfahra wrote:
Yes, the only exception being that you do not want to use a charge of bloodtalons on it instead of Rake/Rip. Using a charge of BT on it instead of Shred is fine if you won't get the chance to use it on Rake/Rip.
thats with t18 4-p set bonus, on lower itemlevel it's very small dps increase to use trash on single target at all

CowPond

Post by CowPond » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:11 am

HELP! Pawkets, first time I've ever had an issue with your WA but all of the sudden I'm getting this green bar instead.
I have modified it so I'd like to see if I can just fix this instead of repasting your WA. And sorry I'm posting in this thread, I didn't see the old thread

Tumpor

Post by Tumpor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:07 am

CowPond wrote:HELP! Pawkets, first time I've ever had an issue with your WA but all of the sudden I'm getting this green bar instead.
I have modified it so I'd like to see if I can just fix this instead of repasting your WA. And sorry I'm posting in this thread, I didn't see the old thread
The "old" thread is in the addons subforum. Your problem is covered in the troubleshooting section in the first post.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5034

CowPond

Post by CowPond » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:54 am

Great thank you, I was in a rush trying to fix it and didn't see that thread, problem fixed appreciate it

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:55 am

I am running my own trinket comparisons in simc to get an idea of what all my options are. I am doing this by creating copies of the trinkets in my profile and giving them different names and then running the simlulation with all of the comparisons. I think this is a similar process used to generate the trinket comparison on the first page, i was just trying to get something a little more personalized. I am a relative noob when it comes to simc, but i have done some basic stuff.

As a result, i have a question. Does simc account for the dmg bonuses against demons and on use effects of certain trinkets (like mirror and the heirloom trinket) in its simming? is there some place or something special i need to do to account for these? I did some google-fuing tonite and found some unclear answers. I figured this would proly be the best place to ask.

If this should be in its own thread and not here, please feel free to delete it and pm me and ill repost or if you can move it in that case, that's even better

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 am

mekell wrote:I am running my own trinket comparisons in simc to get an idea of what all my options are. I am doing this by creating copies of the trinkets in my profile and giving them different names and then running the simlulation with all of the comparisons. I think this is a similar process used to generate the trinket comparison on the first page, i was just trying to get something a little more personalized. I am a relative noob when it comes to simc, but i have done some basic stuff.

As a result, i have a question. Does simc account for the dmg bonuses against demons and on use effects of certain trinkets (like mirror and the heirloom trinket) in its simming? is there some place or something special i need to do to account for these? I did some google-fuing tonite and found some unclear answers. I figured this would proly be the best place to ask.

If this should be in its own thread and not here, please feel free to delete it and pm me and ill repost or if you can move it in that case, that's even better
Found the answers to my own question with a little more time. Based on the damage breakdowns it is handling the on use effects and to get a comparison that includes demon damage bonus i found where to set the target race type to demon.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Yep, you got it. "target_race=demon" is the option for anyone else wondering. Also make sure you set the "default_actions=1" option on the first profile before you start copying it, that will make sure that each actor has the chance to adjust its action list based on its trinkets appropriately. Otherwise you might run into issues where a certain trinket isn't being used in the right way, or its not being used at all because its in a slot that was not a use trinket in the first profile.
ImageImage

mekell
Honored

Post by mekell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks Aggixx!

Potatoskinz

Post by Potatoskinz » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:42 am

I am curious about the new heirloom trinkets, with the addition of valor upgrades, would a 715 Mirror or a 715 charm be better on single target?

Grayfox23

Post by Grayfox23 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:16 am

I'm coming back from a break and joining a guild that has had 13/13M on farm for awhile now, so their kill times are as short as they come. I know it's been discussed before but I can't find a definitive answer. Is it worth using Seed of Creation on fights under 3 minutes? under 6 minutes? I don't have Soul Capacitor, not sure if that has any effect on whether or not to use Seed.

luskedelars

Post by luskedelars » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:04 pm

I believe aggixx made some SimC not that long ago, that proved censer/cap beinger the better setup for fights around 3 minutes. Any longer than that, and class/cap will start to pull ahead.

But again, censer can be a bitch and a saint. So its up to you and the rng ;)

Batlecruiser
Honored

Post by Batlecruiser » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Made this comparison 2 months ago.
http://i.imgur.com/dPdGsah.png
Capa/Censer < 230s < Capa/Seed

resurrekt

Post by resurrekt » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello. I'm closing to bis gear and i have a question. I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=124266/empo ... &bonus=567 socketed, and this week got luck with http://www.wowhead.com/item=124245/tuni ... &bonus=567 socketed aswell. Thanks to BIS list I knew manna pants are better than tunic, but when i checked some druids via wow progress i saw them all wearing tunics and tier legs. So the question is: did they all miss luck on mannoroth or what? :?

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:57 am

resurrekt wrote:did they all miss luck on mannoroth
ye, as Socretar is more easier and killed most, most got luckier on chest piece, even me
socketed tunic better then 5 ilvls from normal pants, there also situation of having wf/socketed tier legs+socketed/wf tunic chest could be better then having socketed/wf mannoroth's pants
so many choices from rng rolls on gear, so for individual cases you better to sim for yourself

resurrekt

Post by resurrekt » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:45 am

Zstriker wrote:
resurrekt wrote:did they all miss luck on mannoroth
ye, as Socretar is more easier and killed most, most got luckier on chest piece, even me
socketed tunic better then 5 ilvls from normal pants, there also situation of having wf/socketed tier legs+socketed/wf tunic chest could be better then having socketed/wf mannoroth's pants
so many choices from rng rolls on gear, so for individual cases you better to sim for yourself
Thanks for your reply. I took your advice and just simmed my character with mythic tier chest+socketed manna legs vs socketed tunic+mythic tier legs and i had more than 2k dps increase. Quite unexpectedly :)

sardaukarz

Post by sardaukarz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello,

I am new to cat ( haven't played since late Wrath, early Cata), and I am also new to this forum. I just spend 4 hours searching and browsing for answers and as of yet I haven't find an aswer to my question(s).
If i missed it sorry please link to it I will make sure to read it before I re-post.

Here goes my first question :

I am specced into bloodtalons. So as I do my opener :

1 - healing touch
2 - prowl
3 - use agi pot
4 - incarnation -- why?!
At 5 we would have rake but why do i need to do incarnation before rake? I am already in prowl witch insures my rake will do 100% additional damage as I am already stealthed?!
So, wouldn't it be logical to rake out of prowl then incarnate?

Thnkz for the info.

sard

Sharpend

Post by Sharpend » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Incarn with the pot at -1 for a gcd, if you incarn with zerk after the pull you take 1 more gcd, and the delay of the SC become useless
Last edited by Sharpend on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.