Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

I believe that was a MoP change. In Cata Berserk only reduced the cost, but you still ate the full extra 25 energy.

Paloro
Honored

Post by Paloro » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Since we were already talking about openers....

If (and only if) the fight length was such that we wouldn't lose an extra Berserk/Incarnation; would it be worthwhile to save those cooldowns until SR needs refreshed? Essentially you would be giving yourself an extra FB.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Guess I am not seeing the "extra" FB? Can you elaborate? The other side of delaying opening cooldowns is you lose the most likely time all procs are going to happen at the same time (ie weapon/trinkets and so on). Also the longer you delay cooldowns the more likely they are going to be interrupted by fight mechanics.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:50 pm

I think the extra FB paloro is talking about would come from the CPs saved by delaying Inc until you need to refresh SR.

That said, I would agree that syncing Inc with your pre-pot and procs is likely going to be significantly more powerful than a single FB.

Paloro
Honored

Post by Paloro » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Twitchys wrote:I think the extra FB paloro is talking about would come from the CPs saved by delaying Inc until you need to refresh SR.

That said, I would agree that syncing Inc with your pre-pot and procs is likely going to be significantly more powerful than a single FB.
As it stands right now, if you don't pop Inc before the pull, you are overwriting SR ~7 seconds into the fight (essentially wasting an entire 5 cp worth of SR). If you were to delay Inc+Berserk to when that was in pandemic, would you not be saving those cp's?

I could see the fight mechanics and pre-pot outweighing it however.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:02 pm

It would be worth it if you're able to lineup every single one of your procs and effects later in that fight just as you would at the start. For example if its a 2 minute fight, you could use your 2nd potion + Inc + Berserk + Lucky Double-Sided Coin 1 minute in when your 2nd Primal Combatant's Insignia proc happens, and you would burst just as high. This hinges on not lusting at the start of the fight, of course.
ImageImage

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Can I just say that I really miss reforging? I'm having rotten luck with gear drops, currently my highest stat is Crit, but after that come Haste and Versatility, and then a looooooooooong way back there's Mastery and Multistrike. Ugh.

If you could have it your way, how would you weight Crit, Mastery, and Multistrike? All Crit and little of the others, or a bit of a balance with only a little more Crit, and then a little more Mastery than Multistrike?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Updated the Snapshotting & Clipping section to better describe the buffs available to us at level 100 and how to handle them.
ImageImage

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Added a section on gear comparisons with Pawn to the FAQ.
ImageImage

Hoodoomojo

Post by Hoodoomojo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm

hee guys! im new to the forum so im sorry if this is allready discussed somewhere else!

but right now with the data we have we can see the Lucky double-sized coin as a Rune of Re-Origination simular?

lower ilvl but even better then the 695 ones? besaue im thinking off buying but i want make sure(not like im swimming in gold atm:P) thanks anyway:D

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:57 pm

I wouldn't compare it to Rune of Re-Origination, but it is very good; you'll need a Mythic Heart of the Beating Mountain either with a socket or warforged (or maybe both) to replace it. If you care about min-maxing your character power and have the gold to spend, then I'd definitely recommend purchasing it.
ImageImage

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Paloro wrote:As it stands right now, if you don't pop Inc before the pull, you are overwriting SR ~7 seconds into the fight (essentially wasting an entire 5 cp worth of SR). If you were to delay Inc+Berserk to when that was in pandemic, would you not be saving those cp's?I could see the fight mechanics and pre-pot outweighing it however.
Guess I am still confused where this extra 5 point SR is coming from? If you open with Incarnation you are getting a free 5 point SR every time you Rake or Shred. It's going to last the first 1:23 seconds of the fight. If you open with Rake from Prowl you get a 42 second SR for free. In which case are we wasting any combo points?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:26 pm

If you use Incarnation immediately on pull then you're wasting the 42 seconds of SR that you could've gotten from Prowl -> Rake. Delaying the use of your Incarnation until when the first Savage Roar ends would allow you to do an almost 2 minute fight without ever once casting Savage Roar, which is clearly impossible if you were to use Incarnation off the bat.
ImageImage

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:53 am

aggixx wrote:If you use Incarnation immediately on pull then you're wasting the 42 seconds of SR that you could've gotten from Prowl -> Rake. Delaying the use of your Incarnation until when the first Savage Roar ends would allow you to do an almost 2 minute fight without ever once casting Savage Roar, which is clearly impossible if you were to use Incarnation off the bat.
Sounds pretty good but don't you lose alot from lining up all internal CDs of trinkets + possible lust on pull when u hold Incarnation until those are pretty much all over and on cd?
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Mysticum

Post by Mysticum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:11 am

aggixx wrote:Added a section on gear comparisons with Pawn to the FAQ.
Thank you for that, and since you wrote that one could post questions in this thread, here is one shameful (perhaps) simple question: How do you do trinket comparisons in SumCraft, or can it even be done with one run?

I am looking for doing a chart (like the one in your guide) for trinkets for my personal gear. Your picture looks like it was auto-generated from the SimCraft itself, but maybe you just put it together yourself? Stat comparison is easy to find, and described in various guides, but specific gear comparison I am unable to find info about.

ecolove

Post by ecolove » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:05 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you open with Incarnation there is also no need for Glyph of SR. Albeit only a minor benefit, we can get two (instead of one) from Glyph of FB/Rebirth/Dash/Stampeding Roar (assuming 9L or Cat Form to be mandatory). I guess Night Elves would still want to pick Glyph of SR for the s'meld benefits.

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:59 am

@aggixx Thanks a lot for the Pawn related update. It's greatly appreciated.

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:21 am

ecolove wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you open with Incarnation there is also no need for Glyph of SR. Albeit only a minor benefit, we can get two (instead of one) from Glyph of FB/Rebirth/Dash/Stampeding Roar (assuming 9L or Cat Form to be mandatory). I guess Night Elves would still want to pick Glyph of SR for the s'meld benefits.
why would that make glyph of SR any less valuable?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Nayni wrote:Sounds pretty good but don't you lose alot from lining up all internal CDs of trinkets + possible lust on pull when u hold Incarnation until those are pretty much all over and on cd?
Like I said, I wouldn't do it unless you could line up all your procs later.
Mysticum wrote:Thank you for that, and since you wrote that one could post questions in this thread, here is one shameful (perhaps) simple question: How do you do trinket comparisons in SumCraft, or can it even be done with one run?

I am looking for doing a chart (like the one in your guide) for trinkets for my personal gear. Your picture looks like it was auto-generated from the SimCraft itself, but maybe you just put it together yourself? Stat comparison is easy to find, and described in various guides, but specific gear comparison I am unable to find info about.
The way I do it is indeed generated via SimC, and while it is quite easy to run different comparisons its not so easy to setup. You can do something similar with the automation tab in the GUI version of SimulationCraft but I suspect that won't be terribly easy either.
ecolove wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you open with Incarnation there is also no need for Glyph of SR. Albeit only a minor benefit, we can get two (instead of one) from Glyph of FB/Rebirth/Dash/Stampeding Roar (assuming 9L or Cat Form to be mandatory). I guess Night Elves would still want to pick Glyph of SR for the s'meld benefits.
Not sure I follow... If you don't have Glyph of SR then your Incarnation isn't going to give you SR. Regardless of how you use Incarnation, Glyph of SR is much, much stronger with it than without it.
ImageImage

ecolove

Post by ecolove » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 pm

My bad, I completely neglected that I only get SR at rake during Inc BECAUSE of Glyph

ushisan

Post by ushisan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 am

Twitchys wrote:Berserk also reduces the additional consumption of Ferocious Bite. The resulting energy needed for 100% multiplier is:

Base : 50
Berserk : 25
OOC : 25
Berserk+OOC: 12.5
You sure about this ? because the tooltip for Ferocious Bite doesnt update(only updates the initial cost to 12) when berserk is active, , and from my personal experience I still see it consuming extra 25 energy (unless my WA energy bar gives me wrong feedback) so according to that this is what I do:-

Base : 50
Berserk :38(37.5)
OOC : 25
Berserk+OOC: 25

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:51 am

The extra energy is definitely halved, the tooltip just doesn't reflect it.
ImageImage

daremo

Post by daremo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:38 am

~removed~
Last edited by daremo on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:22 am

Yeah, I would stick with what you have.
ImageImage

Untamable
Honored

Post by Untamable » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier but I couldn't find it.

1. Should I use Lucky Double-Sided Coin on cooldown or always align it with Berserk/Inc?

2. Is the Alchemy trinket better than the pvp trinket or no? "Draenic Philosopher's Stone"

Thank you
Name changed to Purr
Proraiders