Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry BiS List?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Lithoro

Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry BiS List?

Post by Lithoro » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Do we have anyone/does anyone know where I might find an already generated BiS list from Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry or a combined list of the two? Need to put one up on the guild website for loot distribution purposes.

Also, I plan on simming to find more exact points when I would want to consider versatility as a somewhat valuable stat, but are there some rough guidelines/break points I should be aware of?

Thanks all!

Hwarra

Re: Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry BiS List?

Post by Hwarra » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:48 pm

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:50 pm

The pieces you go for really depend on how much value you put in mastery and what talents you're using. Also, Lucky Double-Sided Coin isn't included in that list for reasons, but of course blows either of those trinkets out of the water.
Lithoro wrote:Also, I plan on simming to find more exact points when I would want to consider versatility as a somewhat valuable stat, but are there some rough guidelines/break points I should be aware of?
Its more valuable the less you have of it, that's about it.
ImageImage

Mysticum

Post by Mysticum » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Always imagined legs were the off-piece. The helm set piece have crit/haste vs legs with mastery/haste. Wouldn't the legs be better to replace instead?

smugler

Post by smugler » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:07 pm

a bit offtopic on the dungeon/heroic bis gear, to aggixx, I've noticed that you recently changed the trinket slots both of them, you put one from ashran battle and one other trinket from mission token, how about the heroic dungeon trinkets are they not as good right now, or what have changed with them so you actually did change them? thanks

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Alot of trinkets including the heroic dungeons ones got nerfed in a hotfix patch.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Mysticum wrote:Always imagined legs were the off-piece. The helm set piece have crit/haste vs legs with mastery/haste. Wouldn't the legs be better to replace instead?
The tier legs are http://www.wowhead.com/item=115543&bonus=0 and the only piece available to replace it is http://www.wowhead.com/item=113989&bonus=0. Haste -> Multistrike is hardly a large trade up.

I think when I originally assembled that list I wasn't valuing mastery as highly as I would now, in that context I would actually use http://www.wowhead.com/item=113949&bonus=0 as the off-piece as the gloves are haste/multistrike which is pretty gross.
smugler wrote:a bit offtopic on the dungeon/heroic bis gear, to aggixx, I've noticed that you recently changed the trinket slots both of them, you put one from ashran battle and one other trinket from mission token, how about the heroic dungeon trinkets are they not as good right now, or what have changed with them so you actually did change them? thanks
Originally I wanted the list to be all dungeon gear, to give people an expectation of what to try to get when gearing up in dungeons. It turns out though, especially after the nerf, there's really no reason to ever want to use dungeon trinkets so I changed the trinkets in the profile to not give people the wrong impression.
ImageImage

Futatabi

Post by Futatabi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Anyone got Highmaul BiS? We have to wait like 2 months if not more knowing blizz for Blackrock Foundry. As most items come from BLF, we should focus on Highmaul. Anyone had done such a list?

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:30 pm

That shouldnt be hard. Do you want to include BoE World Drop pieces and PvP gear as well? BMAH gear?

Futatabi

Post by Futatabi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Yes please <3. Btw. Do you guys think it's better to wear 665 ilvl piece with desirable stats or just pick Mythic 685 with worse stats.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:42 pm

I'll work on it tonight in between CM silver runs if I have time.

Shakrane

Post by Shakrane » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Got some questions,

I would like to know if there are somes encounters where the udo crit/mastery will be better than the duo crit/multi.
If it is the case we will have to have two different set if we want to be opti.

The other things i noticed, is that there is no interresting stuff to buy with the apexis crystal.Not entirely true we have a wrist crit/mastery and a waist crit/mastery. May be good investement, since i have no idea what other things we could buy with the apexis crystal.

And Pawket in your guide, you made a pre raid gear list, only with crit/mastery stuff, maybe i'm mistaken, so i guess it was only for heroic dungeon purpose, but if we want to be ready for the raid we should have crit/multi pieces.

Thx for reading and sorry for the abd english :)

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Shakrane wrote:And Pawket in your guide, you made a pre raid gear list, only with crit/mastery stuff, maybe i'm mistaken, so i guess it was only for heroic dungeon purpose, but if we want to be ready for the raid we should have crit/multi pieces.
You're mistaken, crit/mastery is better in almost every circumstance. Multistrike is only better than Mastery on pure single target encounters, which are very rare. As far as I know, the only encounter in Highmaul you'll want to wear Crit/Multistrike for is The Butcher, and possibly only on normal/heroic depending on how the Mythic mechanic works.
ImageImage

Shakrane

Post by Shakrane » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Okay thx for the quck response, so i guess the wrist and waist from the apexis vendor is a good investement

Kirayus

Post by Kirayus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:09 pm

If the Lucky Charm is Best in Slot why dont u have it in your BiS List?

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Maybe because its a BoE world drop rather than from the raid itself? To add to that, not everyone has access to a stash of gold to sink on it.

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 pm

I guess I could post this, pretty much me doodling arround trying out gear stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1847999058

There's lots of stuff in there for just personal use like trying to estimate crafting stuff. Feel free to use it and go from there.

Stat weights are my own plots from a while back. I lifted mastery value to make it equal to multistrike for balance though.

I sorta just tried to figure out what BoE/Crafting item to buy, think of it what you will maybe it can help a couple of people :)
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Some pretty horrid weapons from highmaul

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:38 pm

What's sad is the LFR polearm is so much better itemized than the mythic. Haste Versatility? What kind of garbage is that?

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:What's sad is the LFR polearm is so much better itemized than the mythic. Haste Versatility? What kind of garbage is that?

For real? *goes look* Ahahahahaha.

When I saw the haste/versatility I did cringe a bit. Its about 8 weeks(?) or so to Foundry getting released, so I guess its something you may as well pick up incase there's nothing else.

ChavChelios

Post by ChavChelios » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Is http://www.wowhead.com/item=118876/luck ... sided-coin really that good?

i have access to it, is it better than the other trinkets in the raids? even considered heroic/mythic versions?

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:57 pm