Sims, where did you go?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Meaningless
Honored

Sims, where did you go?

Post by Meaningless » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 am

Quick question, did simcraft remove the pawn string export while doing stat weights? I can't seem to find it anymore. :oops: :cry:

Twitchys
Honored

Re: Sims, where did you go?

Post by Twitchys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

I can't find any trace of it either. Submit an issue at code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/issues/list and someone who knows why it was removed may have some insight or add it back in.

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:59 am

For some reason, I can't think of why, simcraft refuses to load for me. I see it in the task manager window after clicking "SimulationCraft64.exe" but it just closes. Issues 2271 and 2272 on https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/issues/list don't have a response. Any ideas?

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 am

We just updated to a new version of the libraries used for the gui. I think a fix might have gone in today that will help you, but it might not be in the posted build until tomorrow. You should still be able to use the command line interface if you're feeling adventurous.

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Twitchys wrote:We just updated to a new version of the libraries used for the gui. I think a fix might have gone in today that will help you, but it might not be in the posted build until tomorrow. You should still be able to use the command line interface if you're feeling adventurous.
Thanks! Went back to the website and found this - https://code.google.com/p/simulationcra ... il?id=2271

Tried installing all versions, including the newest one (as of 12/17/2014) but so far the only one that runs is "548-1" from the google drive -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sSSC ... F0MlE/view

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Any idea if its something im doing wrong? When I load any version besides 548-1, it shows in the task manager for about 30 seconds and then shuts down.

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 am

What OS are you using? There are know issues with Win 7 pre-SP1. Other than that, you'd be best off posting a new issue cause this type of thing is generally out of my range.

Eqúinox

Post by Eqúinox » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:53 am

Twitchys wrote:What OS are you using? There are know issues with Win 7 pre-SP1. Other than that, you'd be best off posting a new issue cause this type of thing is generally out of my range.
Win 7 sp1. Took a look at the simcraft forums earlier and came across a post about moving the file directory. Sure enough that seems to have fixed it.

ripshawn

Post by ripshawn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 am

Since warlord launched i have been having to use Pawn and even on this site is says to use pawn to make sure you are getting the best gear. I do remember and saw on many site that take about Pawn and SimC that they work together that you can import data from SimC to Pawn. but i have the newest version of both SimC and Pawn, and i can find were this import info is so i can import it into my pawn i am using the import string found here http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5086 but the forum even says to use you own stat weights from SimC to get a better score.
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein

“ A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. ” Robert A. Heinlein

Adardrae

Post by Adardrae » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm

i'm pretty sure they removed pawn exporting. i can't find it either.

regardless, it's pretty simple to just manually input your stat weights yourself.