advice on Lucky DS Coin

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

bacevicius
Honored

advice on Lucky DS Coin

Post by bacevicius » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:07 am

Hey guys. I managed to grab a coin for 70k .. I am seeking advice on the 2 min CD. Obviously its so we cant macro with Incarnation. My question is to anyone who has this.. Is it best to use it every time the CD's up .. which is what im thinking . Or hold the use for certain points in boss fights.. I am assuming to get the most out of it is to use it on every CD. If anyone has advice on this please reply. thanks.

Dropzone

Re: advice on Lucky DS Coin

Post by Dropzone » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm

the other feral in my guild has it and he has it macro'd with his beserk and incarnation so every 2 mins hes got just a phenomenal burst. but it can be done

Kuleezi

Post by Kuleezi » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:03 am

Sync with cooldowns as much as possible without losing usages within the fight's duration.

Syzor

Post by Syzor » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:27 am

What do you mean by losing usages? If you sync with cooldowns there will always be a minute of "wasted" time in the trinket. I just picked up my coin tonight for 70k as well (weird) and was going to ask the same question, I did highmaul normal to help a friend and noticed my numbers significantly higher, I changed my opener a little which might have effected that too but I don't know. I used it with cooldowns the whole time never tried using it w/o. Would really like some good input on this!

shiftycow

Post by shiftycow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:16 am

Sync usage i guess mean this:

on 4-6 min fight, you only get 2 inc + berserk and 3 trinket procs, so you might as well delay your berserk and inc for the 4minute with trinket
0 - berserk + inc + trinket
2 - trinket
4 - berserk + inc + trinket

on 6 minute you get 3 berserk + inc and 4 trinket
so you go
0 berserk + inc + trinket
2 trinket
3 berserk + inc
4 trinket
6 berserk + inc + trinket

and so on

Syzor

Post by Syzor » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:16 pm

I agree on the 6 minute, that's what I'm probably going to start doing. But would it be better to hold off on your berserk+inc+berserking(I'm troll) for a minute instead of just holding off on the trinket? I haven't tried running sims but I would like to see what's higher

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 am

Syzor wrote:But would it be better to hold off on your berserk+inc+berserking(I'm troll) for a minute instead of just holding off on the trinket? I haven't tried running sims but I would like to see what's higher
No, even in really really bad gear its not worth it.
ImageImage

bacevicius
Honored

Post by bacevicius » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 am

well im worgen so theres no way we start without the incarnate first burst macro to get a tf'd and trinketed full 5 rip , i never start with rake its a dps loss with a first 5 tf'd a doulbe trinketed rip in 20 secs im hittn 75-80 on the pull thats a crapton of burst which is what we do now . just like locks and rets you can watch us jump up and down every 3 mins or so but that lucky coin use when is up or wait on tf at the most 2 secs is a def small burst notice and prevents anything but a lucky 670 Kargath the ww dropping 670 dual weapons every time are the only thing that can get near 28 and pass me just from pure weapon ilvl and their best stats on it. ... we get crap stats on a heroic boss i ahvent even killed yet but the sim without that trinket eq'd is about 800 dps more than a 670 scales of doom sim had on use up every 2 mins and ran a custom 6 min fight . the difference was about 600-660 dps over a 4 min fight ... i forgot to save them and was getting amory import erros trying to do it again .. that on use does more damage than a mythic trinket from HM excluding a 300 dps differnce with Scales of doom mythic .. so its something every feral needs to get . dps on Hbuch with use with everything at start 25k to 26.5k at 660 eq lvl

vxeel

Post by vxeel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:44 pm

bacevicius wrote:well im worgen so theres no way we start without the incarnate first burst macro to get a tf'd and trinketed full 5 rip , i never start with rake its a dps loss with a first 5 tf'd a doulbe trinketed rip in 20 secs im hittn 75-80 on the pull thats a crapton of burst which is what we do now . just like locks and rets you can watch us jump up and down every 3 mins or so but that lucky coin use when is up or wait on tf at the most 2 secs is a def small burst notice and prevents anything but a lucky 670 Kargath the ww dropping 670 dual weapons every time are the only thing that can get near 28 and pass me just from pure weapon ilvl and their best stats on it. ... we get crap stats on a heroic boss i ahvent even killed yet but the sim without that trinket eq'd is about 800 dps more than a 670 scales of doom sim had on use up every 2 mins and ran a custom 6 min fight . the difference was about 600-660 dps over a 4 min fight ... i forgot to save them and was getting amory import erros trying to do it again .. that on use does more damage than a mythic trinket from HM excluding a 300 dps differnce with Scales of doom mythic .. so its something every feral needs to get . dps on Hbuch with use with everything at start 25k to 26.5k at 660 eq lvl
need translation

Xero

Post by Xero » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 am

Interesting! I've always been holding on to it for each berserk and incarnation.

So you're saying it's better to use trinket on cooldown and hold berserk and incarnation for a little longer when you can use them all together again?

Meaningless
Honored

Post by Meaningless » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Xero wrote:Interesting! I've always been holding on to it for each berserk and incarnation.

So you're saying it's better to use trinket on cooldown and hold berserk and incarnation for a little longer when you can use them all together again?
If you use them both on cooldown you won't need to hold anything.

0: pop them all
2 mins: pop trinket
3 mins: pop cds
4 mins: pop trinket
6 mins pop them all

If the fight is shorter then 6 mins just hold your cds to line up with the 4 min trinket.

Xero

Post by Xero » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 am

So really, the only fight you'd maybe hold on to it is Butcher.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:10 am

Any fight that you know the duration of ahead of time can have room to hold it. If this isn't part of your thought process before or during a fight then you aren't planning enough.
ImageImage

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am

Another example for Brackenspore He has a 10 minute enrage. Meaning u can use beserk+Incarnation at 0,3,6 and 9 minutes into the fight. You can use the trinket at 0,2,4,6,8 and Enrage into the fight. I dont usually plan to use trinkets at enrage as melee because well I tend to die soon after the tanks do so for brackenspore I plan to hold the last trinket use and 8 minutes to be used with the final beserk + Incarnation at 9 minutes.

Make sense?

Amitty
Honored

Post by Amitty » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Yes, on Brackenspore you want to delay the last Lucky Coin with 1 minute and use it on the 9th minute where you will go ham with Coin, TF, Berserk, Incarnation and 2nd Pot. But only if you are sure that the fight will last more than 9 minutes and 20 seconds.