SimC Results: how realistic are they?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

tatuli

SimC Results: how realistic are they?

Post by tatuli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:16 am

Trying to optimize my gear by using mr.robot and SimC but according to the SimC results (obtaining the scale factors from SimC) i should do like 3-4k more dps (25k elite player, 21k good player). i checked my friends (non-feral) with SimC and there is not a huge dps gap between elite player and good player option while in feral there is like 3-4k dps difference.

I wonder what is this elite feral options does?

also a question:

When should i refresh my rip with a more powerfull rip?
-whenever i powerfull rip is avaible?
-when x seconds remaining on rip and you have %15-%45 more powerfull rip.

Jeshu
Revered

Re: SimC Results: how realistic are they?

Post by Jeshu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:34 am

I can't speak for the feral-specific questions, but for SimulationCraft, the "player skill" setting determines how accurately the action priority list is being followed. "Elite" means perfectly following the APL, and each setting below that is a percent (20%?) chance to accidentally skip the correct action and do the next highest priority action instead.

Feral DPS really depends on how well you manage the strength of your bleed DoTs and your energy and messing those up really separates the average feral from the best ferals.

tatuli

Post by tatuli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:23 am

is there any way to see the priority algorith of SimC. i wonder what can i do more.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:23 am

Its in the profile SimC creates when you import your character from the armory. You can also find it in the "Action Priority List" section of the HTML report.

As far as general accuracy concerns, it should be pretty accurate. The damage values of each skill have been checked several times, and the results simming my character tend to line up quite well with my live parses (adjusting options as needed to represent the situation, of course).
tatuli wrote:When should i refresh my rip with a more powerfull rip?
-whenever i powerfull rip is avaible?
-when x seconds remaining on rip and you have %15-%45 more powerfull rip.
Neither, you never refresh with a more powerful rip except for during execute range. Check out the guide stickied at the top of the forum.
ImageImage