How to pull energy?!(just found out that you supposed to)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Santino

How to pull energy?!(just found out that you supposed to)

Post by Santino » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello all!

Long time reader, first time writer and a shocked at that.

All my feral life I have been spamming then mangle, now shred. Always been starved of energy. And then I, mind you, accidentally heard that you actually supposed to pull the energy instead of spamming.
As long time spammer it came as a severe shock to me and it is really hard to resist spamming at the moment.
However.
I have asked this question on mmo forums, but I really would like to confirm and hear about the details from much more intelligent and educated crowd here.

So my quesions are:
How do you REALLY pull energy? At what amount should you stay? How is it actually happening (when all the TF, Berserk, Incarnation and all are on cd): so say, shred, shred then wait before rake, or even wait before first shred? I really am feeling quite lost and would appreciate any help. I read all the guides and unless I am blind, I did not see it there (which I understand since I guess its a very basic knowledge).

thank you so much in advance!

Meaningless
Honored

Re: How to pull energy?!(just found out that you supposed to

Post by Meaningless » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Pooling energy was alot more important when snapshotting was still in the game, now it's not that big of a deal anymore, it's alot more important to spend your energy in the right place. And if you try to do some off-healing aswell you'll basicly pool energy automaticly.
I tend to keep my energy around 40 at all times but as long as you are not capping energy and you have no procs up, doing nothing will not make you lose dps. (which is why you can throw heals on tanks and other ppl if you want).

Santino

Post by Santino » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Meaningless wrote:Pooling energy was alot more important when snapshotting was still in the game, now it's not that big of a deal anymore, it's alot more important to spend your energy in the right place. And if you try to do some off-healing aswell you'll basicly pool energy automaticly.
I tend to keep my energy around 40 at all times but as long as you are not capping energy and you have no procs up, doing nothing will not make you lose dps. (which is why you can throw heals on tanks and other ppl if you want).

Wait a moment, but snapshotting still IS in game, is it not? Bloodtalons, TF, Incarnation, are they not snapshotting still? I am wondering if I missed something :(

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Yes, some snapshotting is still in game but not from trinkets which were a huge chunk of potential damage. You wanted to try and catch the procs and get amazing bleeds up in a short window and sometimes pooling energy aided in that.

Now I mostly pool energy for 50 energy fbs. Or for things that will be up that need to die, but that's not new for anyone.

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:04 pm

the only energy gain is regeneration over time, and TF which you can try to delay for huge attacks, planning is required

Elamari
Honored

Post by Elamari » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Energy pooling is also useful for using Healing Touch's effectively with Bloodtalons. Pooling at 4-5 combo points before you use your finisher will help you generate enough combo points to use Healing Touch for your next Rake and finisher.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Elamari wrote:Energy pooling is also useful for using Healing Touch's effectively with Bloodtalons. Pooling at 4-5 combo points before you use your finisher will help you generate enough combo points to use Healing Touch for your next Rake and finisher.
Nothing wrong with this, however I just find it's not as important as it used to be. Mainly because of the aforementioned trinket changes as well as the change to PS to go from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. It's very uncommon for me to not be at 4 CPs before PS falls off. Just depends on the fight and what's going on.

Xero

Post by Xero » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 am

Pooling energy is insanely important! Whoever tells you other wise is wrong.
Primarily, there's 3 times I will pool energy.

1) When I'm at 5 cp but my Rip hasn't quite reached it's pandemic threshold, I'll pool as long as possible (without energy capping) to let it run even longer.

2) EVERYTIME I'm about to use a finisher, it secures your blood talons proc! The less time spent between each finisher the better.

3) If my berserk and incarnation are off cooldown but my tiger's fury isnt quite there yet (give or take 8 seconds left) then, ill pool to 100, pop my shit and pop tiger's fury mid way.

Elamari
Honored

Post by Elamari » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 am

Dysheki wrote:
Elamari wrote:Energy pooling is also useful for using Healing Touch's effectively with Bloodtalons. Pooling at 4-5 combo points before you use your finisher will help you generate enough combo points to use Healing Touch for your next Rake and finisher.
Nothing wrong with this, however I just find it's not as important as it used to be. Mainly because of the aforementioned trinket changes as well as the change to PS to go from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. It's very uncommon for me to not be at 4 CPs before PS falls off. Just depends on the fight and what's going on.
The changes to PS are very helpful. However in low gear levels at the beginning of an expansion, with CP generation being low, being aware of this style of energy pooling can be beneficial.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/