Set Bonuses!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

cyanide_

Set Bonuses!

Post by cyanide_ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Since Blizzard has been so friendly not to give us any set bonuses to play with for the first half of the tier, I realized how much I miss those little skill modifications. Seeing the Tier 16 bonuses disabled for level 100 and for nostalgia's sake, I went through all of the old sets wondering if some of them might actually be useful for the current content (or just for giggles).

Primal Gladiator, Tier 16, Tier 15, Tier 14, Tier 13, Tier 12, Tier 11, Tier 10, Tier 9, Tier 8, Tier 7, Tier 6, Tier 5, Tier 4, Tier 3, Tier 2, Tier 1

I'm not sure if they actually still work and couldn't test a lot of them because I no longer have the required items (damn you, limited bank space).
The two piece tier 13 bonus definitely still works and seems quite potent. Note that using the set helmet also includes a meta socket with a Chaotic Skyflare Diamond which adds quite a bit of dps. The current season's PvP set also seems interesting, especially since we don't lose a lot of stats.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by cyanide_ on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athen

Re: Set Bonuses!

Post by Athen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:58 am

Don't forget Tier 3. 2-Set bonus can trigger 8 energy on your target when rejuvenation ticks. Always tried to convince some of my fellow druids to wear them, just too keep that rejuvenation going on me... but unfortunately never happened yet :(

PvP set can be quite strong if you are able to interupt often and you don't loose that much ilvl.
But i won't even try Tier 13. Since we are not able to snapshot Rip that hard i don't believe it would be strong enough to overcome the statloss

cyanide_

Post by cyanide_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am

According to wowhead, the tier 3 set no longer has the resource generation part. :(

I replaced two of my 640 ilvl pieces with the tier 13 items, dropping my average item level from 667 to 633 while losing about 200 agility and a few secondary stats. Simcraft showed a slight dps increase (about 150). Testing it in game I didn't really notice much of a difference, except for having more fun due to awesome rip refreshes :D So currently this seems to be a viable choice, especially in situations where the 60% to 25% boss health phase is crucial.

I have absolutely no idea how to simulate or even estimate the benefits of the two piece pvp bonus. I guess I'll just try it on Brackenspore, which seems to be the only viable target for that setup anyway.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:11 pm

I did a rough simulation of Brackenspore for the PvP 2pc and it came out to about a 7.77% DPS increase.
ImageImage

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:34 pm

i plan to run helm and legs from pvp on bracken spore this week since I will be able to have both 660 versions.

ShmooDude
Exalted

Post by ShmooDude » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Really? Wouldn't have guessed that reducing TF cooldown by ~10 seconds for 2/3 of the fight would be that big. Surprising. Though I do flamethrowers so not really useful for me.