That green dot in the Droodfocus icon...

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Sibylle
Revered

That green dot in the Droodfocus icon...

Post by Sibylle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 am

I know. I'm the slowest, thickest kitty around. It's probably a sign of growing old and senile. The thing is:

Yes, we've known for AGES that it's not worth overwriting a Rip outside of Blood in the Water because Ferocious Bite is just that strong. I know that, ok? But recently, I haven't been performing all that well and so I had a very close look at my logs and used the Replay function in Warcraftlogs. And I found to my horror that I'm still slipping sometimes and overwriting Rips with stronger ones, especially when I get both Bloodtalons and TF at the same time. I do that especially after my opener, when Rip goes up without Bloodtalons and then right afterwards, I'm at 5 CP again, TF is still up and so is Bloodtalons. Argh!!

I think I might be a little OCD and when I see that little dot on the Droodfocus icon turn green I compulsively hit Rip, unless I very consciously order myself to FB instead.

Again, I should be LONG used to this. Why am I finding it so hard? Should I perhaps stop tracking bleed strength altogether? Then again, it can be very useful during/just before BitW.

Just wondering whether I'm alone in this.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Xanzara

Re: That green dot in the Droodfocus icon...

Post by Xanzara » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:23 am

I'm admittedly a fairly new kitty, but I can confirm you are not alone.

I'm using Pawkets' auras, and somehow I instinctively refresh my Rip with everything up surprisingly often as my second finisher during opener, those brightly coloured triangles have some mystical allure during openers.. I almost always catch myself in the act as well and slap myself immediately after but somehow I keep doing it.

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:12 am

Seems like we two noobs are the only ones, haha! I really need to work on this :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Óak
Honored

Post by Óak » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 pm

I have a bad habit of using PS too early (Before 4 combo points, in fact usually on 3) just so my rake doesn't fall off and is never on without BT. Occasionally I get lucky and the rake crits so I go to 5CB points with a stack of Bloodtalons left but that's very RNG :(