Shadowmeld with Glyph of Savage Roar?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Jeshu
Revered

Shadowmeld with Glyph of Savage Roar?

Post by Jeshu » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:06 am

I notice in the rogue forums, they're saying that Shadowmeld no longer triggers things like Subterfuge or Shadow Focus, which are things that trigger for the rogue when in stealth or when breaking stealth. Is this a more general change? Does Shadowmeld still trigger the Glyph of Savage Roar for ferals? Or is this a change that's coming in the next patch, but not yet in live?

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Re: Shadowmeld with Glyph of Savage Roar?

Post by Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:11 am

It doesn't proc the glyph. That was turned off pre launch. It does still trigger the enhanced Rake perc.

Felucia
Honored

Post by Felucia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:It does still trigger the enhanced Rake perc.
Indeed it does. Was very glad to see that this hadn't changed as it makes nightelves not completely shit as feral(in the evening) :)
Actually never did the numbers, it probably sims lower than Worgen still, but it also saves you a lot on the repair bill + if you do pvp it really does come in handy.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 am

Its the best race overall with Shadowmeld + Improved Rake, doesn't take much when all the races are just +1% to x stat.
ImageImage

firetiger8619

Post by firetiger8619 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:31 pm

it DOES work with the glyph, ive been using it in pvp this whole expansion, and since the way the servers work with latency and meld changes, anytime it has missed ive always assumed it was dodged/parried(cause it can be now, unlike old pounce) or i got taken out of stealth or something.

i just tested this in pvp(just 10 mins ago to make sure for you guys), it worked with roar already up and then using meld prowl rake- it also worked in combat without roar up doing meld prowl rake.

my macro is basically just /cast meld /castprowl /cast rake. i noticed that if you face the target and spam the macro itll do the rake stun usually, but it wont give you the full savage roar from the glyph.

The trick is too press the macro once- right as you turn away from facing the target(quickly of course) then you can spam it which will activate prowl, then turn around and rake, which will proc the full roar from the glyph. . maybe meld rake has its own spell id, and when you slow down that sequence of abilities-which puts you in more? of a normal stealth state, then you rake and get the proc? or it has to do with how they changed spells and latency with servers recently? i have no idea, but it works if you do it this way.

plox dont make me dl fraps and have to record this for you guys, it'd get nerfed in a week then, so yea figure it out yourselves lol. :lol:

-edit- ive also noticed free instant procs lately on rake stun openers...i dont know what its from, havent tried to replicate it. had it happen 3 times this expansion, once was last night in darkmoon arena, a very obvious instant proc right as i stunned a warrior from stealth.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:48 pm

firetiger8619 wrote:-edit- ive also noticed free instant procs lately on rake stun openers...i dont know what its from, havent tried to replicate it. had it happen 3 times this expansion, once was last night in darkmoon arena, a very obvious instant proc right as i stunned a warrior from stealth.
. . . You mean a free PS proc? That's buggy and extremely difficult to replicate, but it does happen on pulls very infrequently.

Tinderhoof
Exalted

Post by Tinderhoof » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:36 pm

The question was does Shadow Meld work with the glyph of SR. The answer is no it doesn't. If you Prowl right after you can use the Rake perc and the glyph cause Prowl. You can only do SM into prowl in PvP. PVE doesn't let you do so.

vang0dlos

Post by vang0dlos » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 am

It was claimed on another site (http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/%5B ... ndex2.html) that the code listed there will grant the stun effect. If that is the case, then shadowmeld/prowl/rake should also trigger savage roar, correct?

Just want to be sure if SR is or isn't triggered before venturing into this shadowmeld trick too much. Can you provide clarity?

vang0dlos

Post by vang0dlos » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:03 am

In another discussion it is again claimed that it does work:
\quote
.... considering that you're a night elf, which means that you get a free 5 cp savage roar from your shadowmeld + prowl combo and glyph of savage roar.
\endquote
source=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16773747482

I'm curious what is the current state as far as you know.

Nayni
Revered

Post by Nayni » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:13 am

It doesn't work and it actualy shouldn't if you read the glyph carefully.
When you Rake or Shred while Prowling, you are granted Savage Roar as if it were used with 5 combo points.
It specifically says while prowling.

On the other hand, Improved Rake does work because it says:
Your Rake deals 100% additional damage when used while stealthed.
Same goes for the stun:
If used while stealthed, the target will be stunned for 4 sec.
Shadowmeld is a stealth effect, not a prowling effect.

The only miss-use of words here is on the actual Incarnation spell which says:
An improved Cat Form that allows the use of Prowl while in combat and causes Shred and Rake to function as if stealth were active.
But you could argue that it implies the Prowl effect because it also states "Allows the use of Prowl".
Naeyni | Kazzak EU