Tiger's Fury bug

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Polihayse
Revered

Tiger's Fury bug

Post by Polihayse » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:36 am

This has been happening to me for a while in WoD. I use tiger's fury and my energy just vanishes. Here is a video showing two instances of it happening tonight on mythic gruul. Are people aware of this problem and do you know why it happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwg5uz ... e=youtu.be

aggixx
Exalted

Re: Tiger's Fury bug

Post by aggixx » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:22 am

Yeah it happens very rarely when you use Tiger's Fury immediately after casting Ferocious Bite but before the extra energy consumption happens. Somehow it snapshots your energy state from before you TFed and then when it consumes your energy it sets your energy as if the gain from TF never happened.

I've reported the bug but it hasn't been fixed yet.

One time, on Brackenspore I think, I popped Incarnation, bit, and then blew TF + Berserk and ended up sitting at no energy for the entirety of the Berserk, it was truly some bullshit.
ImageImage

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 am

At this point, I feel like the entire class needs a rework. The state of feral makes me very sad. It's supposed to be a single target powerhouse, but I finished behind an unholy dk, a ret paladin, and a fury warrior. All of these classes bring raid utility that I don't bring and can aoe better than I can. I've gotten multiple rank 1s among feral druids, yet I cannot beat these other melee in a 6 minute single target fight with my 4 set. I might be ahead on some pulls, but if I am, then it is only by a little bit. I'm sorry about ranting. I am incredibly frustrated. I feel like my favorite glass cannon was dropped on the floor and put back together with duct tape. I have no hope for the future of feral.

Acvodad

Post by Acvodad » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 am

I don't know if it's just me being tired while raiding. But sometimes I get predatory swiftness buff from casting rake from prowl and it throws me off. Lel (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Edit: this is good bug for all cats

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:58 am

aggixx wrote:Yeah it happens very rarely when you use Tiger's Fury immediately after casting Ferocious Bite but before the extra energy consumption happens. Somehow it snapshots your energy state from before you TFed and then when it consumes your energy it sets your energy as if the gain from TF never happened.

I've reported the bug but it hasn't been fixed yet.
I think there is general latency in how all energy changes are processed, which is why FB can sometimes have lag between the initial and follow-up energy deduction happens.

This is probably also the cause of the TF bug I mentioned a few weeks ago where you can't use an action immediately (even though the GCD is not in effect) if you were unable to afford the ability prior to using TF. Probably because it requires a server round-trip in order to affect the energy totals or something.

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 pm

I haven't noticed that one, but every now and then I will use rake from stealth and it gives me the free SR but the dot is not applied.

Jeshu
Revered

Post by Jeshu » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Dwade wrote:I haven't noticed that one, but every now and then I will use rake from stealth and it gives me the free SR but the dot is not applied.
This one is unrelated to the TF problem. Are you sure your Rake isn't just being missed or parried?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Acvodad wrote:I don't know if it's just me being tired while raiding. But sometimes I get predatory swiftness buff from casting rake from prowl and it throws me off. Lel (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Edit: this is good bug for all cats
Dwade wrote:I haven't noticed that one, but every now and then I will use rake from stealth and it gives me the free SR but the dot is not applied.
Not really anything to do with Rake, 0 CP Savage Roars have always had a very low (~1%) chance of triggering a Predatory Swiftness and when they removed the old Glyph of Savagery that bug carried on to Glyph of Savage Roar. Whenever you trigger the glyph you have a very low chance of getting a PS. You're much more likely to notice it on pull than any other time because most of the other times that GoSR triggers you already have a PS up and it refreshing doesn't really do anything.
ImageImage

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Jeshu wrote:
This one is unrelated to the TF problem. Are you sure your Rake isn't just being missed or parried?
I was under the impression that if your rake missed you did not get the free SR, not sure about parries but that could have been the case.

Fany

Post by Fany » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 am

So is it worth using Tiger's Fury even when you're on the GCD? I've always waited until I was off the GCD so I could use the full duration of TF, but does it not matter?

Kojiyama
Revered

Post by Kojiyama » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:04 am

I think it is generally a good idea to use it synced with the GCD, however there are a few edge cases where it might be a good idea to avoid this.

Primarily, this is related to the bug I mentioned where if you can't afford an action, using Tiger's Fury still won't allow you to immediately use that action.

This isn't typically an issue, but if you are relying on no delay due to tight timing on a DoT refresh or something (say, squeaking back in a quick 1CP FB sub-25% to refresh a very low-duration Rip) it might be worth using it a half a second early just to be safe. This is pretty rare though--although I have certainly seen it happen now and again.

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:26 am

Fany wrote:So is it worth using Tiger's Fury even when you're on the GCD?
I don't think it matters either way, there's pros and cons to both but they are so negligible its hardly going to even touch your DPS.
ImageImage