Anyone else's guild imploding recently?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tremnen
Revered

Anyone else's guild imploding recently?

Post by Tremnen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm noticing a lot of guilds kinda blowing up right now and mine looks to be in the beginning stages of doing the same :/. we actually dont even have enough people to pull mythic right now.

Polihayse
Revered

Re: Anyone else's guild imploding recently?

Post by Polihayse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

If you have people in the guild with sour attitudes, then it will cause other players to enjoy the game less. If you have any control of the situation, I recommend purging the guild of these people and it will make the game a better experience for everyone. All it takes is one person's sour attitude to ruin the fun for everyone. This is especially true during progression when everyone is trying to work together toward a goal.

Itharius
Honored

Post by Itharius » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Fortunately, you should be in demand starting this Tuesday if you want to start looking for other guilds, because feral will be FOTM.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm

yeah it took about 4 people quitting before the problem officer removed himself. Now we are sitting at 18 people with 2 people probably leaving at the end of this next lock out.

cant even pull darmac and still havent killed black hand after 3 weeks :/

I guess time to just man up and start recruiting to try and save the guild thats been raiding since Vanilla. good news is I might be becoming one of those people who can make decisions soon. Seems like we fell so far from US 75th Garrosh to this though :/

Zstriker
Honored

Post by Zstriker » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm also in annoying mood, it's been really struggle this expansion, people just stop play after 1-2 week, many even left after day struggle on single boss, while come unpreapered with no tactic check, indifference all the way
people want less and less to contribute, not many even care if raid got canceled
is the game become so old and boring??!!

Dwade
Honored

Post by Dwade » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Many people have left my guild, we went from having 24 raiders to 13 now. Stuck on a very low population realm so recruitment is really a pain. We lose people to guilds that are several bosses behind us, it's really strange. Luckily we are just working through heroic right now but I feel like when we do clear there still wont be enough for mythic.

I have to echo Zstriker, it does seem like so many people want to raid part-time or just don't bother to look up fights or even learn how to properly play their class. Very frustrating to the people who do care. 9 hours a week is a big time investment gone to waste if your raid group constantly struggles. It's not easy to leave a guild you have been a part of for a very long time, but I am slowly getting to that point.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:41 pm

When recruiting people, I recommend recruiting based on their personality as well as their skill. Skill isn't everything. When everyone in the raid has a positive attitude, it makes raiding more efficient and pleasant.

Karyy
Honored

Post by Karyy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Friends guild imploded recently and my old guild is going through a rough patch as a lot of the old team has moved on to raid in more serious top world 100 guilds. Best bet is to actively engage with the people that are still in the team - A person that has a lot of friends and is engaged in the guilds activities is far less likely to jump a rocky ship than someone who only comes on to raid. You can usually tell who those people are.

I'm guessing a lot of people got used to farming SoO and when having to go back to progress and wipe a load of times it frustrates them too much, especially if its a 4-5 day raiding guild or perhaps a team that used to rank highly.

On another note, I'd argue that WoD itself doesn't offer much.

Hamwich

Post by Hamwich » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Polihayse wrote:When recruiting people, I recommend recruiting based on their personality as well as their skill. Skill isn't everything. When everyone in the raid has a positive attitude, it makes raiding more efficient and pleasant.
QFT.... At the end of the day its a game, and if you or others aren't enjoying themselves they will walk away, because it's just a game.

To the OPs original point, I've seen a number of guilds erode over the past couple of weeks on Area 52. But if there is anything that the past 10 years of playing this game has taught me, its that there will always be a vicious cycle of guilds dissolving and reforming.

I know of only one guild, Nervous Horde on the server Bloodhoof, that has lasted almost to date, 10 years and been consistently relevant during all 10.

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm

well it goes without saying but if any ferals on here are looking for a guild send me a PM or something

TheLOOGE
Honored

Post by TheLOOGE » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:35 pm

I've been kinda publicizing the struggles of my guild lately. Kinda scumbaggy but it is what it is. Foundry is the most tightly tuned raid instance that I can remember and it most certainly tests the mettle of your entire raid. When some people show up thinking they can skim through videos and ignore boss mechanics, or are playing exceptionally poor for whatever reason, it shows. In Highmaul, you could get away with more of that. Foundry, yeah, not so much.

So I'm not surprised guilds are imploding. I am however kind of shocked to read this about Months Behind, ole Lore's guild... They've been one of those super long-standing guilds that has cleared most end game content in a relevant time frame (barring Heroic Ragnaros. Ask Lore what he thinks of Firelands and Heroic Ragnaros ;) ). I'm sure you guys will recover and that this isn't the first time you've overcome adversity.

Keep your head up though. As Itharius mentioned, Feral will most likely become a major raid asset come Tuesday. Worse comes to worst, you should be able to migrate with relative ease.

In any case, good luck to you!

Tremnen
Revered

Post by Tremnen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:06 am

i brought up ragnaros and suddenly i am in trouble. Apparently its an unstated rule to never mention it lol.

Thanks for that.

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:33 am

My guild is far from imploding, fortunately, but our raid progress has been slowed considerably. The overall skill and quality is less now that we're 20+ people as opposed to a neat 10. It's been a bit of a struggle even getting to that number, and for the first two months, we were constantly re-running Highmaul from scratch, gearing yet another new member.

It's starting to even out now, but our progress is still far behind. Wiping on Kromog heroic at the moment, uff...
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

TheLOOGE
Honored

Post by TheLOOGE » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 am

Tremnen wrote:i brought up ragnaros and suddenly i am in trouble. Apparently its an unstated rule to never mention it lol.

Thanks for that.
hahahahh... Before Lore got hired on at Blizzard, it was his content that carried Tankspot (and before him, Ciderhelm). He had like 3-4 shows going at once. The Weekly Marmot, PST, PST Rapid Fire (lol?), and Legendary. And for probably a month straight, he'd use each of these shows to voice how disappointed, upset, angry, livid, what have you -- he was with the difficulty upswing from the rest of Firelands and Heroic Rag. Literally. Every show. Every week. A fiery rage.

You might be able to find that content on his YouTube Channel if he has them archived. Then again, sounds like you better leave that sleeping dog lie. lol...

Sorry if I actually got you in trouble though! haha..

Twitchys
Honored

Post by Twitchys » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:22 am

Sibylle wrote:My guild is far from imploding, fortunately, but our raid progress has been slowed considerably. The overall skill and quality is less now that we're 20+ people as opposed to a neat 10. It's been a bit of a struggle even getting to that number, and for the first two months, we were constantly re-running Highmaul from scratch, gearing yet another new member.

It's starting to even out now, but our progress is still far behind. Wiping on Kromog heroic at the moment, uff...
I feel you Sib, that's exactly where we are at right now and it hurts. We barely got started in HM mythic before BRF released due to not having 20 geared and ready. Now we've lost a few uncompatible folks and had some tense loot blowups from a couple individuals (which my guild hasn't had in years in my memory) and we're right back at about 20 reliable players. I'm hoping we can get a couple more and be more organized for the next tier.

Dulce

Post by Dulce » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Sibylle wrote:My guild is far from imploding, fortunately, but our raid progress has been slowed considerably. The overall skill and quality is less now that we're 20+ people as opposed to a neat 10. It's been a bit of a struggle even getting to that number, and for the first two months, we were constantly re-running Highmaul from scratch, gearing yet another new member.

This is our problem too, we have a solid amount of people to continue raiding with, but our current progression isn't where we're used to it being and it's frustrating people to the point where the raid environment feels tense now :(. I'm pretty sad about it, when we expanded to 20m we thought we recruited a lot of people that we felt fit our guild culture well, and we felt good about our Highmaul finish. But now that BRF is less forgiving mechanic-wise, the less adaptive players are starting to stick out and people who are normally very positive and friendly start calling them out and arguing mid attempt, asking for people to be kicked etc. It sucks and it's starting to burn the leadership out, we didn't sign up for managing a daycare when we started our 10m. I miss enjoying the game, but I would feel bad for calling it quits and leaving so many people guildless mid-tier.

Itharius
Honored

Post by Itharius » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 pm

You gotta do what you gotta do for your own sanity's sake. It's easy to find another guild, especially if you have low standards. You wouldn't be letting down anyone, can't think of things like that. WoW is a video game -- if you've stopped having fun playing with a group of people, you're entitled to a change of pace.

Thandorr
Honored

Post by Thandorr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:52 pm

This seems to be happening a lot everywhere. My guild that I started a couple years ago, raided in MoP recently died because a of similar things happening. We recruited players during farm in MoP and they carried the end of the expac lawls into WoD, didn't show up for HM progression and basically quit the game when we didnt one shot every boss on heroic BRF. Me and a few of the top players ended up server transfering to a more stable guild and we have been satisfied so far. Kind of sucks though, you pour a lot of time, and energy into the success of a guild and it fails, takes a lot out of you especially from an officer/GM standpoint. Nice to be in this guild with responsibilities of my play and not the management of a guild for now.

Alsoria

Post by Alsoria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I found my current guild after taking a six month hiatus in MoP and picked up Heroic Siege with them. We didn't fully clear it on 25 man, but we came into WoD with high hopes after meeting up at Blizzcon. Highmaul was okay. We were down to clearing Heroic in one night, but didn't get anything other than Mythic Bladefist down. We stepped foot into H. BRF and just got Operator Thogar down after two weeks of attempts. I'm an old BC hardcore raider with that same mindset so I am finally at my wit's end. Been given a few options just trying to see what I'm going to do. Really want Mythic down before next tier.

Alteredbeast
Honored

Post by Alteredbeast » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:16 pm

My guild is going strong and is currently looking for 1-2 competitive DPS of any class. We are currently 4/10 Mythic and finished Highmaul 6/7. We raid 2 nights (Tues, Wed) from 8-10:30 est for a total of 7 hours a week. Most of us are adults in our 30's (but ages range from 20-40). I believe for 2 night guilds we are ranked #3 in the US. Having a second feral in the raid roster could be beneficial. It's always nice to have some healthy competition to push you to do your best as well as have someone to talk shop with and discuss feral specific tactics.

http://occasional-excellence.enjin.com/