GRATS Stenhaldi!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tremnen
Revered

GRATS Stenhaldi!

Post by Tremnen » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:13 pm

First feral to clear the tier! Nice job!

Helistar
Honored

Re: GRATS Stenhaldi!

Post by Helistar » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Grats!

BTW I saw some of your videos and you play sooooo much better than me :)

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Zee awesomeness :D Gratz!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks! It's good to be done.

Alteredbeast
Honored

Post by Alteredbeast » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Yea gratz dude, and thanks again for all the vids! Keep up the good work.

Did you go Balance for Blackhand?

aggixx
Exalted

Post by aggixx » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Sloot said he was feral on his stream.
ImageImage

Shadowfang

Post by Shadowfang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 am

Yes, a big congrats to you! You are my hero. :3 My guild always makes fun of me because I didn't switch to boomkin like everyone else did, but I watch your streams and follow your guides, and I know.... The cat is 4 fite. We must remind everyone that we are strong, and fluffy.

Sibylle
Revered

Post by Sibylle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:39 am

plus, we /purr.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Zokis

Post by Zokis » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Congratulations!
And here i thought i were going to bed. Guess i have to take a look at that... >.>

CowPond

Post by CowPond » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:20 am

Yea great job Sten, it's amazing how much you all put into your fine accomplishments!

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Thanks again! I just posted my point of view on the fight at http://youtu.be/v0rMdxQZNgw

Grizzlebee

Post by Grizzlebee » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:33 am

Grats Sten!

Do you have any tips for us Ferals on Mythic Blackhand?

I have not gotten tasked with going into the rafters yet but I see your guild had you do it a few times. Is this because Feral self healing allows you to stay up there longer without a healer? I haven't been assigned to get launched so I don't have any experience up there. Also, when would you suggest cooldown usage? From what I saw, you used it at the start, during one rafters phase, and at the beginning of P3. Is that correct?

Is it normal for melee (or from what I saw, at least you) to have to switch onto the war machines during P2 in Mythic?

Feral was relatively weak in Highmaul but due to the recent buffs it's pushed us to one of the top ranking DPS on single target and cleave fights. What do you think justifies bringing a feral on fights such as Kromog, Operator Thogar, and Blast Furnace rather than just switching to a Boomkin offspec? I exclude Beastlord because the AoE is just padding as killing the proper larger beast at the right time with single target is more important.

It's good to see that a Feral was brought in for a top guild's kills.

P.S. Any specific reason you were guardian on Mythic Iron Maiden's?

Bluewulf
Honored

Post by Bluewulf » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Sten added a lot of great tips to the raid strategies for Blackhand, I believe it has some of the answers you are looking for Grizz.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Drubaca

Post by Drubaca » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:24 pm

grats stenhaldi,was really nice to see your pov, ferals seem to be pretty usefull atleast,the healing the stuns on the rafters,not to mention the single target dps

peki

Post by peki » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Any particular reason you pull out of stealth on this fight?

edit: Actually..

Thinking about it and how I also solo one of the platforms in p2, I assume its because the timing is pretty shitty (having to wait 3-8 seconds upon being knocked up before CDs are available)

Stenhaldi
Exalted

Post by Stenhaldi » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 am

peki wrote:Any particular reason you pull out of stealth on this fight?
I normally precast incarnation, actually. Getting that GCD out of the way increases the number of abilities I can land inside opening procs.
Grizzlebee wrote:I have not gotten tasked with going into the rafters yet but I see your guild had you do it a few times. Is this because Feral self healing allows you to stay up there longer without a healer? I haven't been assigned to get launched so I don't have any experience up there. Also, when would you suggest cooldown usage? From what I saw, you used it at the start, during one rafters phase, and at the beginning of P3. Is that correct?
Feral can stay up longer due to self-healing, and the class is also relatively strong there due to multi-dotting. And yes, that's when I used cooldowns. Originally I was using a second set in phase 2 and having them come back very late in phase 3, but I decided to just save them for early phase 3 to ensure I could use them cleanly in that phase.
Grizzlebee wrote:Is it normal for melee (or from what I saw, at least you) to have to switch onto the war machines during P2 in Mythic?
Yes, the reinforced siegemakers need a lot of damage. Other siegemakers don't really need to be touched. Note it's easier for melee to attack the siegemaker than to attack the boss in this phase.
Grizzlebee wrote:Feral was relatively weak in Highmaul but due to the recent buffs it's pushed us to one of the top ranking DPS on single target and cleave fights. What do you think justifies bringing a feral on fights such as Kromog, Operator Thogar, and Blast Furnace rather than just switching to a Boomkin offspec? I exclude Beastlord because the AoE is just padding as killing the proper larger beast at the right time with single target is more important.
Kromog: feral may be the best class for pillars (if you save CDs). I actually played balance on this fight because balance is really good at both pillars and hands.
Thogar: if you have enough AoE classes to cover the iron raiders and crack-shots, feral does excellent boss damage and good enough man-at-arms damage. Balance doesn't do very well at this fight because of all the movement.
Blast Furnace: I played balance for about half of our pulls, but settled on feral because we had enough other AoE classes and feral was better for the single-target damage checks. Feral offhealing was also nothing to be neglected.
Grizzlebee wrote:P.S. Any specific reason you were guardian on Mythic Iron Maiden's?
I was feral actually.

Synesis

Post by Synesis » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Good insight on those bosses - honestly had the same feeling about them all. The only one I am feeling relatively weak on is BF honestly, though I can't deny my damage on elemntalist, firemenders and bellow operators.

I find the rest of the AoE centric fights nobody can touch our boss damage output given you can use the adds for more combo points and energy into the main target.