Meaty Dragonspine Trophy

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Polihayse
Revered

Meaty Dragonspine Trophy

Post by Polihayse » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:34 pm

I just coined this mythic trinket yesterday and I'm having some trouble with it. The trinket I replaced was mythic scales of doom. Since the trophy gives haste, I thought it would increase the quality of life of feral dps, but I don't feel that it does.

Here is an example: I'll often sit on my energy and watch as a rake approaches 4.5 seconds remaining, but then my trinket activates and, change of plans, I'm suddenly going to energy cap. What do I do in this situation? If I shred, then I won't have blood talons for rake. If I rake, then I'll be cutting off some damage. Maybe I just need to get used to the trinket. I don't know what to do.

I just feel like this trinket has made feral dps much more inconsistent for me. I've only played with it for 4 hours. It could also be my crit. 1576 crit seems like it is a little low for 689 ilvl. Does anyone else notice this? Also, does anyone have some advice as to how I can handle these trinket procs better?

Dysheki
Revered

Re: Meaty Dragonspine Trophy

Post by Dysheki » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:55 pm

I don't think you would use it over a mythic scales.

Polihayse
Revered

Post by Polihayse » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:03 pm

I just looked at askmrrobot and it said it was higher. Probably not a good source to use for this. If it is a dps boost, it is from the large amount of flat agility it has compared to scales.

Dysheki
Revered

Post by Dysheki » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah, I guess it would be close. I honestly don't know definitively.

Leafkiller
Exalted

Post by Leafkiller » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:14 pm

I don't have any advice for how to adjust to the trinket as you are the one experiencing and working through it.

Just a comment - you should probably do the comparison between it and scales using simc, checking out a variety of fight settings. AMR is great for a quick answer but it is not as reliable as doing sims. Then look at the dps differential - if it is close, it sounds like you would be better off with scales, but if it is significant enough then make the switch.

One other thing to keep in mind, I don't think the script does pooling waiting for a rake like you are, so the results will not quite match your play style.

Grif

Post by Grif » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:18 pm

I find Meaty Dragonspine Trophy terrific. I'm currently using just the Heroic one and certainly feel when it procs. I know it's not optimal but I'd have MDT in my BiS list. Competitive DPS and it makes the spec flow much better, also has the benefit of scaling better with LI (thought it has limited use). To each their own though.

I'm also a proc junkie. I'm all about that RPPM.